FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cheap costs..

supercat
What are cheap costs for a upgradee for a pentium 3 windows 2000 XP home edition.From. 256 to 512 and what are good options.Any sites,companys or anything anyone reccomends.
eepman
I am guessing that from your post you are running XP. If that is the case I reccomend upgrading to 512 or much better 1 GB of ram. The best site for cheap ram that works is www.newegg.com. Used it before, fast shipping and good prices.
jaysen
i assume you mean to upgrade your ram?

Simply buy another stick of ram, if your motherboard supports it. The type of ram will depend on what you have and what your motherboard supports. I'm not sure what else i can really say without konwing for sure what kind of mobo you have... but ram is pretty cheap compared to a few years ago and most has a lifetime guarantee. In my area i shop for all my stuff at cbit.ca, a computer shop in winnipeg canada... but i doubt that helps much for you
Zuwiki
Interesting how many people never use spaces after periods...

Yeah, 1GB of GOOD RAM, including what you already have, will cost around $100 on newegg.com.

I'd go with that. In fact, I might go buy some now too... LOL
seanooi
Man I just LOVE shopping at newegg.com
But if you're running a Pentium3, I'm afraid you might have problems trying to find a suitble ram.
Sunny
eepman wrote:
I am guessing that from your post you are running XP. If that is the case I reccomend upgrading to 512 or much better 1 GB of ram. The best site for cheap ram that works is www.newegg.com. Used it before, fast shipping and good prices.

Most of the P3 Boards only support maximum of 512MB Ram.

@supercat , Your question is not very clear. and If you meant to upgrade the ram from 256 to 512mb ram, you will not see any big difference in speed unless you are in to games/graphics designing. Consider upgrading your PC to P4/AMD 64 with 512 ram, that will really improve the speed.