FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Use Frih$ to Advertise

SoftStag
I think it would be a nice idea if we could buy some advertising space on Frihost with our Fri$.

My suggestion is that users can bid to advertise their site, the higest bidder gets their advert shown for a week. Adverts and sites would obviously have to be approved before they are shown.

The winning site could be added to the "Sample Sites" on the home page. This would give great exposure for those who want people to advertise. Or maybe a banner could be rotated on the forum pages. Just so long as it can be seen by guests as well as members.

Sites would have to be hosted by Frihost, so would adhere to Frihost's conditions.
Marston
SoftStag wrote:
I think it would be a nice idea if we could buy some advertising space on Frihost with our Fri$.

My suggestion is that users can bid to advertise their site, the higest bidder gets their advert shown for a week. Adverts and sites would obviously have to be approved before they are shown.

The winning site could be added to the "Sample Sites" on the home page. This would give great exposure for those who want people to advertise. Or maybe a banner could be rotated on the forum pages. Just so long as it can be seen by guests as well as members.

Sites would have to be hosted by Frihost, so would adhere to Frihost's conditions.
I dunno. It's not like the current ads serve no purpose... Using frih$ to buy ad space would probably mean less clicks on the current ads (which basically keep FriHost afloat), and more on the frihost banners.

Just saying, it's not likely this'll ever happen.
orno
i think its a great idea, but unfortunately FriHost gains nothing with those frih$....
there would be no point paying bondings in frih$ for him to advertise your site anywhere...

what could however be done is this:
1) make a directory of the sites on frihost (assuming the users want their sites to be directory-ed)
2) sort that directory by number of unique visitors per day (basically some sort of statistics)
3) pay the owner of the most visted site/s in frih$ for them to put a banner pointing to your website (if they want to do that ofcourse)

what say?
BlackSkad
Bondings will make something like the thing orno said, if I'm not mistaking.
The directory on frihost.com will contain a list with all websites hosted by frihost. I understood that you'll be able to get up higher in the list by paying Bondings (or the system, dunno) a certain amount of fri$. Those who pay most, get the first places...

I can't remember where I've read it...

BlackSkad
devroom
Hope he will create that soon. If all site are in that list, google and other search engines will get the link to our sites Very Happy

So Bondigs finish it