FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Solve this wierd "illusion?" and win frih$3

LukeakaDanish
I found this riddle thing HERE and I really cant figure out what the solution is...I may be having one of my stupid moments...but frih3$ to whoever figures it for me...

The polygons dont seem to be resizing and only a minimal part of the yellow one ends up outside the triangle...

I am so confused...

Hope you people can figure it for me...

Very Happy

Luke
matt87
I have no idea how this works. I actually got a peice of graph paper and tried this out and use that box disappears but I don't knw where it goes. Its probably just one of those math things that only few people know about. Maybe after I am done all my math studies I can figure it out and let you know. But for now... I have no idea how its done.
kv
If you observe carefully, the pieces which were "inside" the thick black line (triangle outline), will now align with the outside of the line, occupying more area. This area appears as a missing block. Take a big graph sheet, draw a big triangle using a fine tip pen (line should be very thin). Multiply the number of blocks (instead of 13 X 5, use 26 X 10). You will see it yourself. Now, my frih$ Smile
PuNGS
I don't know the solution, but I think it has something with the triangles, as they aren't aligned with the grid, thus making some non-uniform squares...
xorcist
I finally got it the line at the top moves and get shorter. I kept on looking at it for a while and couldn't understand it. The line gets smaller and smaller as the other triangle moves the the right. I dont know if this is the solution but that what I came up with. But then again that line didint look like it moves to get one more space bu then again it looked like it did.
LukeakaDanish
kv wrote:
If you observe carefully, the pieces which were "inside" the thick black line (triangle outline), will now align with the outside of the line, occupying more area. This area appears as a missing block. Take a big graph sheet, draw a big triangle using a fine tip pen (line should be very thin). Multiply the number of blocks (instead of 13 X 5, use 26 X 10). You will see it yourself. Now, my frih$ Smile

Nice one kv...although i dont know myself, i expect you are right...i am sending you the fri$ now. Very Happy

Luke
LukeakaDanish
Please close this thread admin.
jaysen
odd
MWANGI
lol

Idea Don't tell me that you did not notice that the yellow shape does not completely enter the triangular container but as soon as the red piece covers it during animation and the it disapears. It's a trick. The oldest trick in the book and it is all done using mirrors hidden behind your computer.

Can't you see

I mean, you can't all be like that. I'm beginning to feel lonely in this planet. I'm surrounded by....

Shame on you Shame on you

C'mon..WAKE UP!
lockwolf
MWANGI wrote:
lol

Idea Don't tell me that you did not notice that the yellow shape does not completely enter the triangular container but as soon as the red piece covers it during animation and the it disapears. It's a trick. The oldest trick in the book and it is all done using mirrors hidden behind your computer.

Can't you see

I mean, you can't all be like that. I'm beginning to feel lonely in this planet. I'm surrounded by....

Shame on you Shame on you

C'mon..WAKE UP!

I knew I was right! I could of swore that it was offset!
n0obie4life
Closed as per user request

-close-