FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Haddon?

udaykamboj
I read his book - that curious incident of the dog....... I really didn't appreaciate the book. Maybe its just me, but it seemed rather odd to me. It was difficult for me to have a firm grip on the book. I'm an avid reader and love reading all sorts of book mainly philosphy and religion. Don't like self help books though, kinda stupid sometimes. They keep repeating the same thing again and again, very irritating. I'm a McLean fan, like a few Sheldon books. Had a phase in the middle when read Grisham but that became boring too after 2 books. Let me know if anyone has good authors for Philosophy please?
wumingsden
udaykamboj wrote:
I read his book - that curious incident of the dog....... I really didn't appreaciate the book. Maybe its just me, but it seemed rather odd to me. It was difficult for me to have a firm grip on the book. I'm an avid reader and love reading all sorts of book mainly philosphy and religion. Don't like self help books though, kinda stupid sometimes. They keep repeating the same thing again and again, very irritating. I'm a McLean fan, like a few Sheldon books. Had a phase in the middle when read Grisham but that became boring too after 2 books. Let me know if anyone has good authors for Philosophy please?

i absolutely loved that book. I really liked the way mark haddon represented the language, it reminded me like Sue Townsend's the Diary of Adrian Mole. I have to admit though that the only reason why i read it was because my librarian recommended it (probably because it won a prostegious award). Did you know that Mark Haddon had the same problems as the character, dyslexia, etc?