FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alcohol

Lennon
    I was out drinking last night and got an awful hangover this morning. I was just reading the paper and there was an article that described the bad side effects of alcohol. Well, that's it, I've had enough, I'm giving it up. From now on, no more reading!!!
Vrythramax
That's the spirit (no pun intended)! Reading will only hurt your eyes and cloud your brain, unlike alcohol which will only kill your liver (a much over-rated organ) and make you try to park your car on a telephone pole....well maybe it'll cloud your brain a little also. I mean, if they didn't want you to park on telephone poles why isn't it posted like every other rule?
Lennon
Alcohol kills brain cells.
fish heals brain cells.
therefore fish and alcohol are a healthy balance.

with Stem cell research i can grow you a new liver in a dish if you want (",)
Scaramanga
As Sinatra once said:
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're gonna feel all day."

Now Lennon, don't say that; someone's now gonna come up with fish-booze, and as much as I like my spirits, this is something I will not abide. Plus, I like killing my brain cells - that'll teach the buggers!
schudder
So true, those pesky braincells... always telling me to go study and all that... pfff, kill 'em all, 's what I say! Bah.
omeration
mmm, alcohol Smile

good stuff, besides, dont they use it to help you?
Soulfire
Lennon wrote:
fish heals brain cells.

with Stem cell research i can grow you a new liver in a dish if you want (",)

I thought it wasn't possible to heal brain cells? Once they're gone they were gone. Hmm, perhaps I should confront the biology teacher about such outrageous claims. Well, I guess I don't really care.

Anyways, the worst thing you could probably do for a hangover is to drink another beer, it might temporarily feel good, but you'll never get rid of that feeling. Alternatively, you can just not drink so heavily the night before, but that doesn't seem possible to some people.
Mithrandir
Hate to be a party pooper but the cold truth is that alcohol is bad. Even if it is just "social drinking". It destroys families, ends friendships, and even gets people killed. Think before you drink. It could change your life. Trust me, I speak from experience. My dad is an alcoholic and that is something I have had to battle with my entire life. Thankfully now he is no longer a real presense in my life but I have learned an important lesson: alcohol and drug abuse affects everyone, not just yourself. I've suffered a great loss at the hands of alcohol. Think about yourself and think about the people who love you.
quixotic
Because having a glass of wine at a perty will make you lose your house and sell your car.

Alcohol is looked down on so much because of aocoholism, but the truth is, alcoholism is a disorder just like schizophrenia and MPD.

Hell, before coffee came around, people lived on beer, while working, no less. Very Happy
Lennon
    Soulfire wrote

Quote:
I thought it wasn't possible to heal brain cells? Once they're gone they were gone. Hmm, perhaps I should confront the biology teacher about such outrageous claims. Well, I guess I don't really care.

I think you're right, not sure, but there's something good about fish all right...

Balance is always a requirement with everything in life. Alcohol inclusive
Soulfire
Yeah, I heard fish was good for your brain, I'm just not sure how. It's something to research. Anyways, that's why the Japanese are so dang smart!
LoveMachine
Soulfire wrote:
Yeah, I heard fish was good for your brain, I'm just not sure how. It's something to research. Anyways, that's why the Japanese are so dang smart!

Fish is just generally good for the brain. Allows for more synapses, faster thought, and greater focus. The Japanese are just so friggin' smart because they actually go to school, instead of skipping or going to the pub and getting drunk at 11 AM.

Whoever thought of putting a pub on campus was a genius.
jaysen
Lennon wrote:
fish heals brain cells.
(",)

Is there any way to make wine out of fish? If you can without it tasting too bad, that would have a lot of potential then Laughing
Shunnup
jaysen wrote:
Lennon wrote:
fish heals brain cells.
(",)

Is there any way to make wine out of fish? If you can without it tasting too bad, that would have a lot of potential then Laughing

Haha, I don't that's possible. But if it is I think it would be some really nasty alcohol.

Alcohol is not bad. It's just the amount you consume makes it bad.
A glass of wine a day is good for you. A bottle is not.
Alcohol is great when for social enviroment.
Alcohol can help you sleep.

See? It's not all bad. =)
lyndonray
oh i love drinkers (and pot-heads) because they are so creative when it comes to enhancing their more favourite past-times. I mean: Is there any way to make wine out of fish?

That's just classic! And you know what there is probably someone out there still trying to do that!!

but alcohol really sucks. i mean its fun at the time. you're just taking those shots, chugging that beer, hitting on that chick, or getting hit by her boyfriend's brother because he was hitting on her before you did... Anyway, then when you wake up, and you just want to die. That's the part i hate - the wanting to die part. but since i amongst brothers (and maybe the occasional alcoholic sister) i have two questions
1. Does or doesn't vodka smell? i need a definitive answer to this age-old question
2. What is the best pill to take before going to bed after a night of hard drinking? Coz i normally have up to 5 glasses of water with some ibuprofen. but i heard that sh*t can hurt your liver faster than the Jack you were drinking the whole night. And no, i don't want a fish-pill!!!
hive
Sometimes I ask myself why alcohol is the most consumed drug around the World. Of course you will think that's because it's legal, but why is it legal in most countries instead of another less harmful (and better) drugs? Alcohol became legal in most countries because people really prefer that?

Is there a demoniac conspiracy behind that? Laughing

By the way I like alcohol and love to be gentle drunk with my friends.
SunburnedCactus
lyndonray wrote:
1. Does or doesn't vodka smell? i need a definitive answer to this age-old question
2. What is the best pill to take before going to bed after a night of hard drinking? Coz i normally have up to 5 glasses of water with some ibuprofen. but i heard that sh*t can hurt your liver faster than the Jack you were drinking the whole night. And no, i don't want a fish-pill!!!

1. Vodka smells - of alcohol!
2. 2 pints of water. Then asprin or paracetamol. Or ideally Alka-Seltzer.

Idea
Nyizsa
I don't remember where I have heard this, but it's a good one:
Think of your braincells as a group of zebras in the savanna, and of alcohol as a lion. The lion will kill the weakest, slowest zebra of the group. But without it the remainder of the group will be able to run faster. So will alcohol destroy the weakest, slowest braincells. So, alcohol speeds up thinking!
sponguy
An Australian study in 2005 showed that people who drank an average of 14-28 drinks per week performed better on general tests of logic and critical thinking. Does the weaker zebra get picked off to the advantage of the rest? Perhaps, but perhaps sharper, more logical people tend to drink more. Either way I'll make 20 this week, and man those slow zebras are taken a few for my team.
Nyizsa
Well, I just thought of a consequence of this zebra-thing. The more you drink, the faster you think. At a certain speed, your thoughts will come so fast that the speed of your speaking organs just can't keep up saying them. So there will be a data loss, the speech will get distorted. And this is exactly what happens when you drink!
An other mistery is solved. Good job, Nyizsa!
Parent
Alcohol, oh god. The other night, beign the unresponsible person I am, ended up causing six of my freinds to pass out, leaving two undrunk girls left. Eventually, one of the kid's father shows up to find his son passed out in my front entrance with a pint of white rum in his hand. Everyone went home, but I was left, with the two girls of course. They took good care of me, but my parents had to drive home from out of province. Needless to say, although it was fun, I got in shit and parents were not too happy. I also lost my chance at taking drivers education next week. Damn. Crying or Very sad
[FuN]goku
meh,, i dont wanna get into alcohol cuz it could affect my future job i want,,, which is writing software Razz
Sappho
[FuN]goku wrote:
meh,, i dont wanna get into alcohol cuz it could affect my future job i want,,, which is writing software Razz

I know a couple of programmers, believe me among those ppl i know they are the worst alcoholics Smile
Ultima1080
If you're worried about drinking just because you get a hangover...I have some tips that might help you:

Take some Asprin (preferably the next morning) and it should help you move out more toxins by thinning your blood. I say take it the next morning because I recently heard that alcohol and asprin (or Ibuprofin especially) can cause more liver damage. But I have taken asprin before drinking and the next morning...and it helps.

Take a multivitamin the day before and the day after. When you piss, you loose minerals and vitamins and all that good stuff. Just make sure to take the vitamins decently far apart...iron poisoning won't help anyone.

Have a healthy meal the next morning. Generally, a meal of some sort of juice (I like orange the best Wink ), eggs and slightly burnt toast. Though I personally think toast blackened is gross, the carbon helps to filter out any alcohol by-products (especially vinegar). Keep hydrated and happy drinking!
ivanhoe
Like most things alcohol is ok so long as it is consumed in moderation. The problem we enter into is that most people have different definitions of moderation. For me, the point where I stop is when I start adversely affecting the people around me. I understand that point of people who have to deal with alcoholic relatives, thats the precise reason why I didn't drink for the longest time. Howver like I said earlier it comes down to self-control and moderation. Also, I've heard numerous times that a glass of red wine a day is good for the heart. But, its everyones one choice whether or not to drink.
lyndonray
alcohol is a pain in the posterior. there are so many bad things about it, but its not going anywhere. which makes me wonder if us drinkers don't have some sort of death wish or something. we know its not good for us but we still get hammered. sometimes i actually wish they would ban it because i am sick of being unproductive on Saturday and Sunday mornings!. but then it was prohibited in the states and we all know what that did for Chicago!
the_mariska
Quote:
Sometimes I ask myself why alcohol is the most consumed drug around the World. Of course you will think that's because it's legal, but why is it legal in most countries instead of another less harmful (and better) drugs? Alcohol became legal in most countries because people really prefer that?

Alcohol was the first drug invented by human in the European culture. It was also one of the easiest to produce (from cereal or fruit) and the cheapest one. I guess that's the reason Wink

Well.. I thing I'm getting old. I'm only 18 and drinking is no longer so fun for me. What's the fun in buying it legally, when I was underage it used to be a thrill Very Happy. And I'll never forget when police found my friends and me drinking at the stairs of city hall.. and let me go because of a nice smile. These were the times.. Now I'm a reasonable adult woman Razz
CmKc
If you know how to drink, it's not a problem
TonkPilz
Alcohole dosen coz Drain Bamage im living poff
abbasbnofernas
j'ai tj dit que l'alcohol est mauvais pour la centé
resolve
I don't drink since I will not be so well after doing so
can you guy what is the feeling after drink the alcohol
I am really want to know
pixor
I only drink ocassionally. My favorite is Malibu Pineapple. I'm not a big fan of drinking cause in my opinion it is useless and even worse for your body. Keeping fit is a requirement for my job and I wouldn't want my brain becoming totally liquid because of 2-3 hour enjoyment. Also, I've heard that there is such thing as "alcohol allergy" is that really true?
SunburnedCactus
resolve wrote:
I am really want to know

The feeling is being drunk. Followed by being sleepy. Followed by being hungover, and often followed by being sick (especially if being drunk is followed by eating dodgy food).
Nyizsa
resolve wrote:
I am really want to know

You get rid of most of your inhibitions, which gives you a GREAT feeling. Your sense of humour increases, but also your ability to think deep thoughts. I prefer the humour part, though. And the most valuable experience: you laugh yourself to death (even if you have a hangover!) when your friends tell you the next day what you have done...
adwya
there is many topics like that

please see topics before adding
XxGunner
Well I'm never going to drink alcohol since i think its bad for your body. You might kill yourself or you might even hurt someone else after drinking some of that stuff. So yeah i think alcohol is real bad for your body.
Kael
I owe some of my best (and worst) moments to alcohol.

A drink doesnt get mad at you when you want another drink. It never talks back and always thinks your ideas are great.

Hooray for Booze Wink
alkady
Ha ha ha, Good one. Your giving up reading but the problem is the drinking.
XSTG
Alcohol is the stupidest and worst thing ever invented by human. It has absolutely no utility unless scraping your life. That and cigarette. I don't see why people still takes alcohol. It ruins whole lives. My uncle divorced from my aunt because he was alcoholic. Please help the world around you and your money - STOP TAKING ALCOHOL!
seanooi
alcohol! don't you just love it! one of the greatest discoveries of mankind! Laughing
zombi3
omg, my buddy just got in a crazy drunken driving accident and pretty much ruined the rest of his life. He is lucky to be alive, but i am sure he regrets fully getting into that car with a BAC of .27. Wut a dummy.
horseatingweeds
[FuN]goku wrote:

You know, it doesn't make too much sense, but several times I have been looking for bugs that I have created in a piece of code and finally given up and sloshed down a good evening drink. Started watching a little tube, then as usual drawn back to the computer and found the damn bug!!!!

I also have heard that many alcoholic don’t suffer from hang-overs. This is understandable. I can really drink and I have never had a hang over, as I have heard it described. Sure, I have woken up with that stomach nausea from the dehydration, or from falling asleep with liquor in there, but never the head ach and all that.

This puts me in a bad spot. Alcoholism runs in my family, I really like it, don’t suffer the normal consequences, and I don’t get mean just very relaxed and I get to laughing pretty easy. Actually, my wife has claimed that if I quit drinking she will leave……

Apparently, I am not all that pleasant…..
Lennon
I have had the best nights ever because of alcohol.
I have been in hospital because of alcohol.
I have spilled out my past problems and insecurities because of alcohol.

The good, the bad and the ugly.
drunkfun
this is the stupidest debate i've ever read on this meager forum.

Alcohol is the greatest thing in the world. It's something that almost the whole world can come together on.

ALL YOU DOUBTERS:

It's very likely that most of you here wouldn't be alive without the great love making effects of booze. Mum never would have got drunk, dad never would have taken advantage of her, and dad would also have been too sober to incorrectly put the condom on.

If anyone thinks that alcohol has more negative effects than positive, i strongly suggest that you check out our website:

http://drunkfun.20m.com and see all the fun we have without resorting to violence (sometimes to public property) and being disrepectful to women
elTibor
I am trying to seriously limit my drinking, being a promising alcoholic does anyone have any wisdom towards acheiving this goal???

Also, for the record... alcohol is great... just a little too great though, lol
chic4u03
i am thirst for alcohol now lol just kidding....i love tequilla jose cuervo..but i stopped drinking now..
coz when i got drunk it poison my mind....
sledge32
Dirinking is ok but you have to drink responsible, I like to get tipsy once in a while but i dont over do it. I do admit that alcohal can do serious damage in your life if you let it control you.
standready
I drink for taste. I enjoy trying different beers.
Asap170
Vrythramax wrote:
That's the spirit (no pun intended)! Reading will only hurt your eyes and cloud your brain, unlike alcohol which will only kill your liver (a much over-rated organ) and make you try to park your car on a telephone pole....well maybe it'll cloud your brain a little also. I mean, if they didn't want you to park on telephone poles why isn't it posted like every other rule?

What's wrong with parking your car on the telephone pole?! I do it all the time.
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
Vrythramax wrote:

What's wrong with parking your car on the telephone pole?! I do it all the time.
Think Max would have enjoyed this .....
_AVG_
To each his own, but for me, I cannot stand the taste of alcohol. Neither do I like the side effects. Yes, it does give a "good feeling" and freedom from cares but it is so temporary. When you wake up the next day with a hangover and realize that you actually aren't free and very inhibited, you feel worse. I don't know, it's my opinion Rolling Eyes
u16888
like to eat fish and sea food, it is good for my brain