FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Totally different Lamer Thread than the last one

LA Ridge
This thread has totally changed. The reason why is... Nobody is posting on it number 1, and number 2, I quit working at Music Forte. They were not forward thinking enough for me and I had a lot of resistance to my ideas for promoting artists. So I moved on.

I am creating a site with my FriHost Account called Mega Monster Music. I am promoting artists as individuals and bands. Am only going to take on a few, and will create a network of promoters to sign on more. This way everyone gets the attention they deserve.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I will fill you in on the details.
midimine
Dear LA Rich,

This topic seems to good to be true Evil or Very Mad you don't call it spam. But still you want to sell something to us Shocked I could not realy read between the lines. Only the line where you say, making money for a profit seems to make clear what your intentions are, made sense to me. So I visited you website (very slow) to get more information. For money (no guarantees), you introduce people to musicindustry, sell CD. You do the hard labour, the customer only have to bring his / her talent and pay you a small 25 dollar Confused .
Wow no wander you doing so great in this internet business.
Thank you for inform us Frihost customers for such a great opportunity Wink
ejmaster
No thank you. I am not interested in making music, but I am into making money. So if you could tell me how to do it on the internet I would be very appreciative. If not, then I understand, it would not be the first time someone did not provide me with good money making information. I am pretty much use to people giving me bad advice, so I dont hold it against you are anybody that is not at my level of competence, its okay it will get better one day I hope. Nice talking to you though, peace.
LA Ridge
I haven't really answered any of these posts because I lost all my information in a major crash and burn on my computer/server.

The "slowness" of our site. I had that problem for awhile. I thought it was our server, and it is OUR server, we are not hosted by anyone there at www.musicforte.com . It wasn't the server though, it was me. After the "crash" I had to get another computer and the damn thing was FULL of spyware/malware, etc. I am not saying that is the total problem there, but it is worthy of mentioning.

As far as making money. That is a loaded question. The reason is, that many feel there is such a thing as a "Get Rich Quick" formula and there is not. Many ads out there try to give one that impression, most of it is pure BS though.

Our system is a promotion business with a network marketing backbone that guarantees a payday if you build the network, plus you can do all kinds of promotion work with hot new talent. Locally and on the Internet. For instance: 22Red... Local band. I will be working pretty closely with them over the next few months. Test marketing them and seeing where their music goes. Could turn into a management deal for me... Who knows. Fatal Error: They are ready for management also, but need to get more experience performing. They are local here also. I am also working with artists that are not local, but a half a world away. See the opportunity? If you are into music, and ever thought about being a promoter, or manager, or ? The sky is the limit on this deal. And you can use your imagination on new ways to promote!

It's your own business and you choose the bands/or artists to sign to your mini label/record store! They can be local bands that you know personally, or you can find them on the Internet or at Music Forte, it's all good.

Come by and at least contact me so we can see what opportunites might be here for you. I need a sales team badly! That pays good, but it takes balls... Warm leads though, no cold calls... Still takes guts to get past the fear. But the trip is that most people are pretty damn receptive, so there are no "bad" calls. I do these calls to, so I can train you. It's easy really, and it's a job you can do from home!

come by and at least hit me up. There are other jobs and opportunites to, but like I said... It takes guts to make that first move!

http://www.musicforte.com/member/la_ridge
LA Ridge
midimine wrote:
Dear LA Rich,

This topic seems to good to be true Evil or Very Mad you don't call it spam. But still you want to sell something to us Shocked I could not realy read between the lines. Only the line where you say, making money for a profit seems to make clear what your intentions are, made sense to me. So I visited you website (very slow) to get more information. For money (no guarantees), you introduce people to musicindustry, sell CD. You do the hard labour, the customer only have to bring his / her talent and pay you a small 25 dollar Confused .
Wow no wander you doing so great in this internet business.
Thank you for inform us Frihost customers for such a great opportunity Wink

This one here seemed a little hard to me. I mean what is wrong with wanting to make money? So you put something out for people to look at, some see the value, others don't.

And I don't "Guarantee" ANYTHING! There is no such thing in the music business anyway. If your music sucks, and you don't know how to promote yourself, then there is no service out there that can help you. We provide a "Storefront" for your music. Same idea as CD Baby, and they don't guarantee anything either because they are not promoting you, you are! That's not in anyway promoting you. You have to have the balls to promote yourself. I "can" promote you, but if you suck then I won't be able to sell diddley, so same thing. No such thing as a "guarantee". What's up with that? Plus that you can upload your stuff for free anyway, so... Whatever. If your music is worth listening to then let me hear it, other than that no one can really help you. You want a guarantee? Of what? That your music might be sellable? That is not my call, that is the publics, so I am sure you see the dilemma here.

No, my asking for help and offering job opps or business opps is not spam. If I don't reply I guess it would be spam, and unfortunately the thread was such crap I only got two posts on it.

It is not $25.00 anymore by the way... It's $75.00 $25.00 was giving the service away! If you are not an artist or musician, then it's not worth it for you anyway you look at it. So why bitch if you are not even interested in promoting music that you made? The service is not even anything you need, so making snide remarks about something like that is even lamer than my original thread!

The thing is, I really am not taking myself too seriously here. It's a hard business, but very rewarding. It's heartfelt and heartbreaking sometimes. It isn't for everybody, especially the financially challenged. I have an income besides this. That is the only way, if you get into music in any capacity and don't have funds to fall back on, forget it, it will only cause you pain!

As far as how "Great" music websites are at making money... Don't kid yourself! Most of them rely on ads to support them. We have kept that to a minimum for the last three years by being membership supported. It's hard though, so truth be known a lot of these sites don't make squat! Seriously. It's not easy to make money on the Internet. The legacy of the 90's free, free, free, free, still haunts anyone wanting to attempt to make money on the Internet. No kidding!
LA Ridge
I can see I had some "Views" on this at least this time. I was hoping to get some conversation going about promotions in general, I guess music or whatever.

I really like what I do for a living and am looking for like minded people to join me.