FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rules concerning members areas.

iridios
Greetings,

While I know that it's possible and from what I can tell that it's ok to limit some content to subscribers. To what extent can I give members control over a portion of my site?

What I'm thinking (and this is down the road) is giving future writers working on projects that my site will be about a small amount of space to develop pages related to what they are working on. Obviously I can create FTP logins and such, but what I'm concerned about is what would or would not violate the TOS?
Daniel15
If it's about your site, then it's fine... I'm assuming you're talking about developers of your site being able to edit it.

However, if you're giving them space for other stuff (unrelated to your site), then it's not allowed. That's classified as reselling our services, which we don't allow.

Quote:
o what extent can I give members control over a portion of my site?

As much as you want... That's your choice. What you do with your site is up to you. If you decide to have more than one admin, it's fine Cool
iridios
daniel15 wrote:
If it's about your site, then it's fine... I'm assuming you're talking about developers of your site being able to edit it.

However, if you're giving them space for other stuff (unrelated to your site), then it's not allowed. That's classified as reselling our services, which we don't allow.

Ok then. One last question on this subject. If I allow my developers to upload page with the knowledge that it must be related to Blackhole Games projects, and they cross the line (inadvertantly or not). Do I get a warning so that I can correct the situation or is it a quick account shutdown?

Mind you it's not even close to this point yet, I'm just trying to plan out my site ahead of time.

And thank you for your answers. Smile