FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Censorship @ Frihost???

maclui
I really really like this forum as well as the free hosting service, How ever I noticed a couple of days ago that a post I made was deleted, I even searched for it and it was completely gone. What I would like to know is if I did something wrong because I would not want to do it again. Has anybody had a similar experience or maybe it is an isolated case probably a mistake??
Daniel15
Usually, if a topic you make is the same as an already existing topic, it is deleted. Try and see if the post is in your list of posts that you have made. If it's not there, then it probably got deleted.

Always use the 'Search' button to see if someone has posted a similar topic.

Quote:
What I would like to know is if I did something wrong because I would not want to do it again.

In general, avoid cutting-and-pasting from other sites, and also avoid posting things that have already been posted.
nam_siddharth
Many of my topics are deleted without telling me the reason.
n0obie4life
nam_siddharth wrote:

They broke a rule, or are spam. OR are pointless topics. OR are duplicate topics.

Most likely one of those.
adwya
nam_siddharth wrote:

hhhhhh

iam also
saiyeek
One of my topic was also deleted. It was titled
Do you know about Nepal????
I don't know why it got deleted?
essentialmedia
Censorship is what makes the world go round.

I am against it though so don't think that comment was pro-cencorship in any way.
Bondings
It's not censorship, it's called clearing spam. Wink

If I censor a post, I will replace it with <censored: reason> instead of removing it.
maclui
OK, It is now clear that my post as well as others frihosters were not censored they were cleared for spam, I hope I do not post spam again althought I am not sure now what is spam.
mOrpheuS
maclui wrote:
OK, It is now clear that my post as well as others frihosters were not censored they were cleared for spam, I hope I do not post spam again althought I am not sure now what is spam.

Man, you're hell bent on narrowing it down to spam, aren't you ? Wink

Removal of a post/topic doesn't necessarily mean that it was spam.

It could just be that the post violated the rules applicable to the forum or that particular section.
For example, not using the quote tags for copied text, posting referral links, provokative remarks etc.
n0obie4life
saiyeek wrote:
One of my topic was also deleted. It was titled
Do you know about Nepal????
I don't know why it got deleted?

It was a spam topic. And since one person started a "Do you know about China????" topic or something like that, then everyone followed suit. I probably decided to delete them to stop this chain.
tidruG
And just for everyone's information, the following are what I consider spam
  • One word replies
  • Two word replies
  • Replies that contain only a word or two and/or a smiley or two
  • A random post that has nothing to do with the topic in question.
  • Copying and pasting without using Quote tags.

I also lock/remove threads which are clearly headed towards spam, or those which don't belong in that particular forum.

So please, don't start every topic in the "General Chat Forum". If it belongs in some other forum, I'm very likely to move it without notification or without leaving a shadow topic behind.
Refer - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-8215.html
(It's an announcement, and since August 22, 2005, there have only been 518 views, even though more than 5,000 members have registered after that. People should read really the Announcements before posting, IMO)