FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

File Size

Tony The Tiger
What is the largest file I can save at frihost?
madsencarl
97.7mb. Well, for me in DirectAdmin it is anyway.
KHO
Neutral yep, burn all your storage on a file, no page to download it, just give your friends a direct link to the file, and bam Neutral the only question is how many downloads of that file would kill all your bandwidth Neutral
Tony The Tiger
How do I calculate how many downloads will burn my bandwidth?
madsencarl
Total Bandwidth over file size to download.

i.e., a 97.7mb file would be able to be downloaded 102 times. (10,000 / 97.7)
LandShark
yup =) if you do that it wont be able to download that many. . . anyways, you could just get you site erased after that cause it wont work
Daniel15
I suggest to you to not use your webspace for large files, it will take up heaps of bandwidth.

Instead, use services like rapidshare.de or putfile for the large files, and FriHost for your actual website.
Pikokola
Yeah.... For sure.. XD sometimes 10Gigs is not that much, oh yeha, why it's 97.7 mb? is it because the maximum upload limit is that? How about if w upload using FTP.
Tony The Tiger
Is that 10 Gig /month? or per day?
Daniel15
Tony The Tiger wrote:

It's 10GB per month... You wouldn't get 10GB per day for free (unless it's a Chinese server, that the bandwidth in China is really cheap, so they can get servers with unlimited bandwidth. Even then, it probably wouldn't be free).
Bondings
daniel15 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

It's 10GB per month... You wouldn't get 10GB per day for free (unless it's a Chinese server, that the bandwidth in China is really cheap, so they can get servers with unlimited bandwidth. Even then, it probably wouldn't be free).

Nothing is unlimited, it's called unmetered bandwidth, like an unmetered 10Mbps connection. There is always a physical limit.
Daniel15
Bondings wrote:
daniel15 wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Nothing is unlimited, it's called unmetered bandwidth, like an unmetered 10Mbps connection. There is always a physical limit.

Sorry, that's what I meant. I should have said, "unmetered transfer" or "unlimited transfer" or something.