FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

eminem

mlynek_kawowy
ince its release last spring, "The Marshall Mathers LP" has been the subject of miles of column inches and countless hours of TV and radio chatter. The sophomore album by the Detroit rapper Eminem also has sold 7 million copies.

The debate increased in intensity last month when the album was nominated for four Grammy Awards, the music industry's most prestigious annual prize. The Grammys were established a half-century ago with the goal of honoring artistic excellence.

Eminem's defenders--including the majority of rock critics--praise his skills as a rapper (his tricky rhymes and loquacious "flow") and turn the back-and-forth about his lyrics into a debate about freedom of speech. The foul-mouthed rapper is portrayed as a First Amendment activist--a role he never asked for, and one that he isn't particularly adept at. And anyone who questions that becomes a de facto censor.

On the other side, Eminem's foes--including most conservative politicians--make the chronic mistake of hearing him as further proof of the decline and fall of Western civilization. Always quick to underestimate teenagers' intelligence, they assume that his legions of fans can't separate violent fantasies from real-life actions, and they will somehow be inspired to act out the hateful scenarios that Eminem's songs portray.

My own position as a critic is that "Eminem" and "artistic excellence" are three words that do not belong in the same sentence. I find his sing-song, nursery-rhyme delivery and ultracommercial musical backings to be supremely uninspired, while the murderous stories in his lyrics are the equivalent of "Scream III"
madsencarl
Or maybe you just don't appreciate one of the greatest artists to have ever lived. And you have to quote your sources - it seems to be the Eminem hater is just trying to snatch up three points.
Also, should items like this be in news or music?
madsencarl
http://www.jimdero.com/News2001/NewsFeb18EminemRoundtable.htm wrote:
Since its release last spring, "The Marshall Mathers LP" has been the subject of miles of column inches and countless hours of TV and radio chatter. The sophomore album by the Detroit rapper Eminem also has sold 7 million copies.

The debate increased in intensity last month when the album was nominated for four Grammy Awards, the music industry's most prestigious annual prize. The Grammys were established a half-century ago with the goal of honoring artistic excellence.

Eminem's defenders--including the majority of rock critics--praise his skills as a rapper (his tricky rhymes and loquacious "flow") and turn the back-and-forth about his lyrics into a debate about freedom of speech. The foul-mouthed rapper is portrayed as a First Amendment activist--a role he never asked for, and one that he isn't particularly adept at. And anyone who questions that becomes a de facto censor.

On the other side, Eminem's foes--including most conservative politicians--make the chronic mistake of hearing him as further proof of the decline and fall of Western civilization. Always quick to underestimate teenagers' intelligence, they assume that his legions of fans can't separate violent fantasies from real-life actions, and they will somehow be inspired to act out the hateful scenarios that Eminem's songs portray.

My own position as a critic is that "Eminem" and "artistic excellence" are three words that do not belong in the same sentence. I find his sing-song, nursery-rhyme delivery and ultracommercial musical backings to be supremely uninspired, while the murderous stories in his lyrics are the equivalent of "Scream III"

I just found out that you've RIPPED this whole article (including the opinion) of http://www.jimdero.com/News2001/NewsFeb18EminemRoundtable.htm. So SHUT UP. You can't even think up your own bloody articles. Can we fine this guy now?
candycakes
Hahahahah, it doesn't sound like something a normal person would write anyways xD

As for Eminen, I like and respect the rapper. That's the problem with people nowadays. It is so easy to complain about people and other problems, but until you get out there and work your own butts off, or try it for yourself, you have no idea what you're talking about, and should not be entitled to slander other artists.

I personally am not a fan of rap, all I ever hear on there is how one person wants to get in the pants of another, but I guess that's my opinion. However, I think Eminen is really admirable. It's not everday when you can see successful people like him holding on to their lives and trying to be the best they can be to their kids. Look at Hollywood today. All that ever makes the front page is who broke up with who, who's having an affair with who, who's getting married with who. It's sad that people still read these, myself included. Even people who arn't celebrities, do you know how much of this stuff goes on in our world today? People abandon babies every day, and numerous amounts of women are brought up to care for their child alone while the man gets off scot free. Do you think that's fair? I respect Eminen for trying to keep his family together.

And as for his "artistic talent", which you so obviously do not appreciate, I suggest that you write your own rap first and see how many millions you can make. Not that many people can make raps like that. Until then, dont say stuff about subjects you don't know or understand.
a.Bird
He is one hell of a freestyler. Not very many people know that. Like his cypher is as good as any of his written $hit, if not, better in some cases.
lyndonray
good investigative work madsencarl!! Clearly our little friend here was just trying to get the required 10 points to get a site hosted - a site he probably stole too!

as for eminem, i think he's great. He is about as creative and imaginative as any rapper, or musician for that matter, can be. all you have to do is listen to the marshall mathers LP (don't worry this is not copied and pasted!!!) and to the song "Kim" in particular. Granted, it is a sick song that only certain people above 25 should be allowed to listen to under strict supervision of law enforcement. That said i think it one best songs ever wriiten. He could have written that song in first person for example -

Last night I went over to Kim's house.
Found her step-son sleeping, quiet as a mouse
Grabbed the nearest knife, took his little throut out,
Went into Kim's room to show her what I am really about
etc etc ,etc

But instead he chose to use dialog. The back and forth between him and "kim" is what really makes the song. That told the story in more effective and moving way. With that he was able to express the emotions in a more captivating manner. That's why that song got the attention it did. And part of it was simply from people asking themselves who the hell comes up with the idea for a song like that and actually makes it work and goes right ahead to receive a grammy for the album??

So I will go back to what I said - he's probably the most creative rapper out there. I guess we will have to wait and see what he does next.
CamiBor
I dont care about him, I hate him....
madsencarl
CamiBor wrote:
I dont care about him, I hate him....

Wow, nice contribution jerkoff. Just like your other 20 consecutive posts just to keep your account.
Example:
Last post by: CamiBor
And so on and so on...

Actually, let's view his recent posts. http://www.frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_author=CamiBor. All one liners (some just four or five words)! Wow, who saw THAT one coming? Not me, no! I thought your posts were great! Post more! I'm REALLY interested in your life!