FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yet another server down thread (YASDT)

cepher
Sorry to be cliche. I know how annoying these threads are. But this time i recieved a different error (not the normal timout, of which i refresh and it works):
Code:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.egg.frih.net.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Now: heres the point of this. IM not asking when site will be back up...but what error generated this message?

Cheers!

EDIT: I hope you like my muse at the title
cepher
BY the way: the server is back up...Although im just curious what generated the message...

cheers!
Bondings
There is currently something causing a very high load on the second server. Probably either a bad script or small ddos. I'm still searching for the cause of it.
Marston
Man people keep posting when the server is down for like a minute. Wait at least 5-10 minutes before posting a "The server is down" thread. It my seem hard not to freak out, but if you're a little patient, you'll save FriHost a little bit of space (by not posting a thread about a 2 minute downtime). Smile
cepher
I know. Hence my muse and title. YASDT. Also: i tend to wait a good 20 minutes before posting. But i was bemassed at the "new" error message.

Cheers, mate.
madsencarl
Maybe we've got some people with accounts who are abusing them somehow, putting an immense load on them or something... I suggest you check people's accounts or something.
cepher
got another one that I've never had just now.

Code:
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Good thing I already updated forum. Cheers!
cepher
Up again.
n0obie4life
Server 2 is back up.

If you are still experiencing problems with your website, please make another post in this forum.

-close-