FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there any way to get Fantastico on server 2?

hack_man_
I was wondering if there was a way to install Fantastico on the DirectAdmin server because I have tried installing various things several times, all resulting in failure!

I have gotten interested in fantastico because I hear that it installs most popular scripts (PHPbb, SMF, Joomla, etc.) ALL BY ITSELF!!!

I hope so! Pray
foggy
No, sorry. At this time it is simply not possible to do. The problem lies in the fact that fantastico is simply a third-party add-on for cPanel, the control panel that is running on server 1 instead of directadmin, as is on server 2. Fantastico, being as add-ons tend to be, cannot run unattached to cPanel.

I definitely understand the attractiveness of Fantastico, but in my eyes it shouldn't be too large of a problem for anyone. All of the most popular scripts now-a-days make it insanely easy to install themselves. It's usually just a process of uploading, CHMODing (only sometimes needs to be done), and running an install script. The entire process should take under 10 minutes or so, depending on how quickly your Internet connection can upload.

Last, but not least, we are sorry that we can't accommodate this need of yours. Please feel free to post any questions that you may have about installing scripts or anything else and you should have a sufficient answer in no time at all.
n0obie4life
foggy wrote:
No, sorry. At this time it is simply not possible to do.

And it will never be possible to do so unless someone creates Fantastico for Directadmin. But when that happens, I'll be extremely unhappy.