FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Image in title bar

vignesh_natraj
Most of the webpages display a small logo in the address bar even frihost(F in address bar before http://...) does it.How can i do it.What is the code for it Question
dandelion
You need the favicon.ico file in the root directory of your site to show the logo.
Also you need to add the following line into the head section of every page.
Code:
<link href="/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />

Please see the link below for further details.

Favicon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Zuwiki
Hey, cool. Thanks. I was gonna ask that question too.

One more thing though... Could you put that same code in a .php file?
clip
Zuwiki wrote:
Hey, cool. Thanks. I was gonna ask that question too.

One more thing though... Could you put that same code in a .php file?

err, yeah, just put it in the echo tag or outside the <?php ?> tags,
Code:

<html>
<?php
echo '<link href="/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />';
?>
</html>

or

Code:

<?php
//no comment  :lol:
?>

<html>
<link href="/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />
</html>
Nikkori
Originally, Internet Explorer only used favicons for bookmarks, which created a minor privacy concern in that a site owner could tell how many people had bookmarked their site by checking the access logs to see how many people downloaded the favicon.ico file. However, since newer versions of Internet Explorer and most other browsers also display the favicon in the address bar on every visit, that concern is no longer relevant.
j0zman
Thanks! I tend to create one too for my website.
dkbg
Just a quick note, you have to put the favicon.ico in the root of your site (ie. http://yoursite.com/favicon.ico). Just in case someone didn't realise that this was the case.
yokonative
wow, that took me a while to find..i have ben wondering how to do this but a little to lazy to find it for myself. well, thanks again and I will be using this , right this minute
engeland
this is nice. ive got 2 questions

can you overwrite some window's icons like maybe the basic window xp FOLDER icon with an icon you create yourself using photoshop?
if yes, how can i do this?

also, ive put a favicon on my site. it only shows when i visit my site using the frihost url. the dot.tk favicon shows however, when i visit my dot.tk domain. anyway, on overriding the dot.tk favicon? Confused
mckenneth
engeland wrote:
this is nice. ive got 2 questions

can you overwrite some window's icons like maybe the basic window xp FOLDER icon with an icon you create yourself using photoshop?
if yes, how can i do this?

also, ive put a favicon on my site. it only shows when i visit my site using the frihost url. the dot.tk favicon shows however, when i visit my dot.tk domain. anyway, on overriding the dot.tk favicon? Confused

U can only overwrite the icon on Ur computer...

+ make an icon using photoshop or any icon maker sofware..
+ then save it...
+ then rename your "default window" icon that you wnt to ovewrite to sumfin.. watever you want

+ then rename Ur newly made icon (replacement icon for the default icon) to what your "default" icon's name was.

I believe all the windows icon can be found in the C://windows directory

for dot.tk...

wen Ur visitin your site using your dot.tk domain... your not actually visiting "your site", dot.tk juz forward your browser to yoursite.. its lyk wen U use an iframe tag in html... thats Y it doesnt show!... and I think it has somthing to do with DNS but i juz cnt explain it!.. sorrie! (not gud in ENglish)
engeland
ic...

thanx for the information Wink
latios2007
nice info... ty
oladokun
i just opened a dot.tk domain and i have a geocity website how do i redirect from my dot.tk page.

I dont understand this favicon you guys are saying someone please help me;

dk