FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Logo contest - Fri $ 50 or 5 $ (real us dollar)

taxman
The winner of this contest will be rewarded fri$ 50 or $ 5 (real money) paid over paypal (in other words, you need to have paypal in order to select that reward)

Don't say if you want the fri$ or the real $ until I select the winner.
That will protect me from beeing accused of prefering on payment over the other. I will proclaim the winner, and then we agree the type of payment.

I may also select a 2. banner if the winner selects real $, then the 2. place will get the 50 fri$. I'm looking for one logo, but will take 2 if two good ones is made.

I'm looking for a banner that have a martial arts theme. Use your imagination. I have 2 demands

1. It must contain the word "SvartBelte" (norwegian for Blackbelt)
2. It must have a black belt in the logo

Just to get you guys going - The black belt could fex be around the B's waist. The logo could aswell only be the Text SvartBelte with a black belt somewhere around.
Jusk ask if you want more information.

Good luck, and may the "ki" be with you.
sgwreviews
Maybe it's easier for people to create a good banner if you can specify the height and width you want. Telling us the website where it needs to be on could also be good, so people can make it match the colors.
taxman
I have not actually made the website yet. It's one of my projects that I'm working on.

As for the size of the logo - I'm going to use Xoops, so no bigger than "normal"

If we use Adsense's sizes as a start, Banner (468 x 60) would be a good start. 468 x 90 would be max.

As for the color, I guess I would go for white background, so the banner could be in black,red, (black and white, ying yang) or actually any colour that looks good on white background. I'm not "creative" when it comes to banners, therefor this contest. I will get the xoops page up , after that I will concentrate on contents, and let the creatives one help me out with what they are good at.

http://www.centrumtkd.no/main.aspx Here you can see the logo at my club - it's bigger than what I want, but it's a nice logo to get ideas from.
bjwok
hi taxman,

you got a closing date on this one mate? (gotta schedule my work and free time Wink )
taxman
bjwok wrote:
hi taxman,

you got a closing date on this one mate? (gotta schedule my work and free time Wink )

Take your time - It don't look like there's the a very big interest for this asignment.

If I say february 1. - will that be sufficient time?

I'm just happy that there's actually someone that is willing to help me create this banner/logo. Me and photoshop don't go along very well Embarassed

I'll gladly pay up even if it's only one banner submitted as long as I'm pleased with the design.

If there's only one banner submitted, and that is butt ugly, I'll probobly prolong the contest some weeks.
LukeakaDanish
I'm doing one aswel Very Happy

Will be done in a couple of days i expect...
LukeakaDanish
I pretty much just followed your ideas, so sorry if its a little boaring...

I kept it in black and white to reflect the colors of a blackbelt karate kit...Very Happy

As follows...

Hope you like it

Kind regards

Luke

PS: i might do another one once i have time...
taxman
I like it Smile Plain and simple, but still true to my concept.

Now I'm starting to think that starting this competition is one of the smarter things I've done Very Happy
MWANGI
taxman wrote:
The winner of this contest will be rewarded fri$ 50 or $ 5 (real money) paid over paypal (in other words, you need to have paypal in order to select that reward)

That will protect me from beeing accused of prefering on payment over the other. I will proclaim the winner, and then we agree the type of payment.

I may also select a 2. banner if the winner selects real $, then the 2. place will get the 50 fri$. I'm looking for one logo, but will take 2 if two good ones is made.

I'm looking for a banner that have a martial arts theme. Use your imagination. I have 2 demands

Just to get you guys going - The black belt could fex be around the B's waist. The logo could aswell only be the Text SvartBelte with a black belt somewhere around.

How?

Yes, How.....NO REALLY...HOW???

How will you send me 5US dollars when I'm sitting here. Is this an attempt to get my credit card number?JUST KIDDING.

Hope I did not offend you. Razz
bjwok
and here is my entry, bear in mind everything can be changed here, all colours, sizes, font's etc. (it's all vector artwork)

cheers
taxman
MWANGI wrote:
taxman wrote:

How?

Yes, How.....NO REALLY...HOW???

How will you send me 5US dollars when I'm sitting here. Is this an attempt to get my credit card number?JUST KIDDING.

Hope I did not offend you. Razz

No, not at all.

I will only transfer 5$ to the winner if he/she have a paypal account - that is the only way. If you don't have a paypal account, you will have to settle with the fri $. I will never dream of asking for someones creditcard number, or give mine away. So if you have a banner, just post it - and if you win, message me with your paypal info and the money is transfered (or a link to website with paypal donor button, if you want to give your prize money to someone else)
LukeakaDanish
Hi,

I have made one more...i think its rather a lot better...Very Happy

Of course, anything can be changed in the image as usual...

Incidentely the karate dude in the image is my younger brother Very Happy

Hope you like it...

Regards

Luke
taxman
OK, after some consideration, i decided that I liked the first banner submitted best. It's "simplicity" just catches my eyes. Very Happy

The runner up is from Sydney, but it appears to have dissappeared.

So luke, pm me your paypal info if you want the cash - otherwise i'll just send you the fri$.

Thanks!
bjwok
hi taxman,

yeah, i will have to look into why mine is no longer there, probably changed the file name by accident!

hey, do i get 50 fri as runner up?
taxman
bjwok wrote:
hi taxman,

yeah, i will have to look into why mine is no longer there, probably changed the file name by accident!

hey, do i get 50 fri as runner up?

Of course Very Happy I saved yours before it went missing, and as long that you want to sell your "art" with all rights to me for fri $ 50, you'll get them. Liked yours aswell, but the simplicity/colours of the winner is almost perfect to how the rest of the webpage will look like. Yours I'll probobly use as header on a blog or something. Time will show.

I'm donating the 50 right now..click..done..
KRONIC
i like the first one that he made!! real cool
LukeakaDanish
KRONIC wrote:
i like the first one that he made!! real cool

Cheers Very Happy

Just PM me if you want any graphics work done...
bjwok
yep, i agree with the simplicity of the winning one, and yep the graphic is yours to do with what you will! go nuts!

cheers again for the 50!