FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Signature when logged out

Should Frihost forum show our signatures when viewed as Guest?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

SoftStag
Hi

I have noticed that when you view this forum, and you are logged out, there are no signatures on the posts.

When robots spider the forum, they will not be logged in, so will not see our signatures. This is a good opportunity for Frihosters to get links to their websites and help increase PR and attract new visitors. The more traffic we get, the more we like Frihost, the more we keep posting and the more adverts get clicked on. So it's better for everyone all round, in my opinion.

So, my suggestion is to have the signatures show on the forum when we are logged out. Please!
n0obie4life
Hell yes.

The forum looks so boring logged out, and having the ability to view the sig WILL help SEO.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
Hell yes.

The forum looks so boring logged out, and having the ability to view the sig WILL help SEO.
10,000*1 link = link farm = 6 month Google ban.
babumuchhala
HELL YES.

But then Bondings says its just SEO, but then damn how unexciting it looks when one logged out.

@marston
All sigs dont contain links. plus posts also include links which take u too God knows how many sites. There will be n numer of links on a forum, and if google is stupid enough to ban forums for excessive memebers, then Google has to be a big FOOL, and i dont think it is.

Maybe the real reason is bondings trying to save some Bandwidth. Isnt 1 Tera of Bandwidth enough for everyone Serer 1 Rolling Eyes
Blaster
If it was only the sig and the the avator. Not the location and the points though. The sigs showing would make people go to different sites more.
Daniel15
Quote:
10,000*1 link = link farm = 6 month Google ban.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Anyway, if you really care about the PageRank of your site, just get listed in the Open Directory Project at http://dmoz.org/ . It helped me to get a PageRank of 4 for my website. Also, it's better for your PageRank to get incoming links from lots of different sites, not heaps of links from FriHost forum topics.

Also, FriHost doesn't need any more SEO, as I found out recently Very Happy... It ranks pretty high for most keywords.
xorcist
Ya I want people to see my signatures as a Guest, I have my website in my signatures mabye someone might click on it while there looking at the fourm. Smile
ChrisCh
i think hiding the signatures and making it look boring would actually promote people to become a member. i think the sigs r blocked cos guests cant view profiles or member lists, and it is in the profile that a signature is set. allowing access to the signature could also open security holes and make guests be able to access everyone's profiles etc...
Bondings
The signatures, avatars and everything else is hidden for guests mostly for SEO purposes. Search engines are interested in unique content, not hidden between layout and signatures, avatars, location, points, frih, profile, ... This change really helped a lot.