FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gallery 2

Tony The Tiger
I am attempting to spice up my web page. I have been referred to Gallery 2. It has the following caveat in its prerequisites section: "Also, if you don't have a static IP address or a dynamic DNS (dnydns) account, your Gallery 2 on your own webserver will only be accessible to you and other computers on your local network and none of friends or customers can view your Gallery in the internet. We assume that you either have a static IP address / dyndns account or that you want to access Gallery 2 only from your intranet / desktop computer."

How does this affect me.
srijit
sorry. i dont know much about gallery 2, but i recommend that you test these too
Coppermine
4images
Singapore

i have some experience in 4images, but i have tried all including gallery, and i dont think that should matter, cos you are having a username/pass right. of course i dont know if i am correct or not, in this case. why dont you check with the gallery forums?

another word of advice, dont use a prog just because someone recommends it. use it, test it and then use it Smile
Daniel15
That's only for if you're hosting it off your own computer. It doesn't affect it if you're hosting it on your FriHost account.
Quote:

"Also, if you don't have a static IP address or a dynamic DNS (dnydns) account, your Gallery 2 on your own webserver will only be accessible to you and other computers on your local network and none of friends or customers can view your Gallery in the internet. We assume that you either have a static IP address / dyndns account or that you want to access Gallery 2 only from your intranet / desktop computer."
Dragonfly
As far as my experience goes coppermine is a very good gallery software but if you want your gallery to be more search engine friendly I suggest you to use Gallery 2. I have both of them working in two different sites, and one with Gallery 2 has had many visitors from search engines while the other one with coppermine hasn't got one yet. But if you want to make it more search engine friendly in your coppermine you need to optimize which may not be easy.
photon
coppermine is very good as far as im concerned. didnt know about gallery2, so thanks for the info. will try it some day