FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

about windowblinds v5.0

engeland
If any of you have/ is using this software right now...

i wanna know what happens when 60days is up. Will i loose the software? i used to have v4.5 before, and ive been using it for 5months now. It never expired. But this one has a 60day countdown in the welcome window.
photon
after the time is over, you will have to buy the s/w, cause it will not work after that without a valid reg key.
WebSiteGuru
I tried it before (older version), I dont like it much. It screwed up your windows setting way too much. When you are trying to uninstalled it, after the 60 days is over. You might as well buy it to fixed the problem that you will get in 60 days.
dimensionsloch
i also tried window blinds, and i think it's a nice software to play with, but if you want to work with your pc you shoudn't use it.
Animal
I tried out Windowblinds 5 and bought it after a week of the 60 day trial. It's a pretty good program, and makes your Windows environment look really nice, but one thing sold me on it:

It increases your computer's performance.

I was a bit dubious at first, but apparently, it removes all the processor load caused by the Windows theme display component. It then transfers all the graphical load to your graphics card, so if you have a dedicated graphics card, it runs the Windows display. I was impressed, and noticed a small yet significant difference in performance on my notebook. I thought it was well worth it - $20 is hardly a lot of money anyway.
engeland
20usd may not be alot for you but, its just not worth it once converted to our currency. its x4 the amount. I could get photoshop here for 50 our money. that'd be 12usd to ya'll. well, i guess ill just stick to windowblinds 4.5...sucks coz i cant get any new themes with 4.5 Crying or Very sad
bogden
just thought i'd throw in my 2c on windows' window blinds vs linux customization. it was over a year ago, but i tried all the popular win customize things in a row. all were pretty cool, looked good, and worked, but all either slowed down windows noticably, or had significant glitches in their interface that put me off. this summer i gave linux (mandrake 2005le) a go on my laptop and spent much time figuring out the customization interface (in KDE). built-in, there is control much like winBlinds over everything. and because it is built into KDE, it works flawlessly and quickly. of course, if you use JPG pictures to tile your window borders, vs. using flat colors, you still see a big slowdown, but that's unavoidable i guess.
quixotic
I used window blinds a little over a year ago, and yea, it made my windows look all nice and pretty, but for practicality purposes it wasn't very good. Though it was pretty awesome to have a mac theme on windows. Cool
Pikokola
Well... In my experience it will work like the winzip that have been expired Smile

IMO, this program is not too good, sometimes it's make my PC really BLIND T__T
engeland
winzip that has already expired? are you certain about this?

i wanna know whether it is usable after the 60 days...not whether it is a good software to use. Confused
Sunny
I don't like softwares like windowblinds, stylexp etc. Instead I manually changed my uxtheme.dll file so windows now lets me use 3rd party themes and visual styles Smile.Something you can consider doing?
engeland
is there a proper tutorial to do changes through that uxtheme.dll file? if possible, i wanna see examples of the outcome as well please. Smile
yjwong
Yes. http://www.neowin.net is a good start.

1. you'll need to download the cracked uxtheme.dllhere.
2. Download Replacer. Extract Replacer to the desktop (create a folder called Replacer and extract the contents of the compressed file).
3. Run replacer.cmd. A black command prompt window should appear.
4. Browse to C:\Windows\system32 and find uxtheme.dll. Drag this file into the command prompt window. Press enter.
5. Drag in the unlocked uxtheme.dll from the desktop into the command prompt window. Press enter.
6. Confirm the replacement and wait for Replacer to finish. Press any key when prompted.
7. Reboot.

Then, you can use non-windows approved Visual Styles. Just download the Visual Styles and put it into C:\WINDOWS\Resources.
windval
it is no use

just change the theme of your computer

i prefer don't use this kind of software
engeland
i still dont see the examples in neowin Confused
bassgs_17
Windowblinds is a great program, one that I highly reccomend for anyone with a modern computer who can afford it. I plan on purchasing mine in 57 days, once the trial expires.
-Aquastrike
root
"i also tried window blinds, and i think it's a nice software to play with, but if you want to work with your pc you shoudn't use it"

i completely agree, windowblinds is a huge resource hog
ClearDistortion
i have also been using WindowsBlinds here lately, and am almost out of time! I only have three days left I think, so I need to either buy it or just delete it from my system. I don't know. I like it, but I am also really cheap. haha. I am also very lazy when it comes to trying to buy something. Embarassed
FarZin
Windows Blins 5.0 isnt very good..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................USE STYLE XP!!!!! Laughing BETTER DESIGNS!!!! Twisted Evil
x-stream
well, on the stardock.com website, you can download more skins by clicking on "More Skins" Wink
the page is like www.wincustomize.com, and there are lots of good skins! Try it out!
I don΄t use Window Blinds, because it slows down the computer...
alemci_49
where is the key
Teddy1
alemci_49 no keys will work. But i have a solution of which we are not allowed to talk about on here so if any of you lot want to lets say "Use a key" then add me to msn and i will talk you through the process and supply the "Key". Wink