FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3d Sparky Text

a_dubDesign
The only decent thing I've managed to make in 3DS Max. The picture is a screen shot and link to the animation. You need Flash 8 to view the animation.

noexes89
Ha ha cool. What's this for?
abone
This is so amazing.
a_dubDesign
noexes89 wrote:
Ha ha cool. What's this for?

Mostly for a cure for bordem. But also to learn how to do some cool stuff in 3DS Max. I was in a class that used 3ds Max, but we had to do stuff that bored the crap out of me, still life architextural things, this was much more fun.
a_dubDesign
abone wrote:
This is so amazing.

Care to share whats makes it amazing? And were you refering to the pic or the animation?
codyb245
the picture is well done. i usually dont like 3d but that is really good
driftingfe3s
Looks pretty good. You may want to add some motion blur to give a sense that the text is moving causing the sparks from the friction between the text and the ground. Great work though, I don't have any 3D exprience at all so I'd take forever to teach myself something like this.
a_dubDesign
driftingfe3s wrote:
Looks pretty good. You may want to add some motion blur to give a sense that the text is moving causing the sparks from the friction between the text and the ground. Great work though, I don't have any 3D exprience at all so I'd take forever to teach myself something like this.

Took me a little bit to figure out what you were talking about, but I see what your saying. The picture is actually just a screen shot of the animation where the sparks fall from the sky onto the words.

Don't ask why sparks are raining down from the sky, they just are.
anhstar
Hah! I like the light, its so cool.
Wonder how you made it?
Can you write a tutorial or something.
I would like to learn that trick.
a_dubDesign
anhstar wrote:
Hah! I like the light, its so cool.
Wonder how you made it?
Can you write a tutorial or something.
I would like to learn that trick.

Actually I learned how to do it from a tutorial. Its a partical system with some deflectors and Video Post effects. I redid the lighting and made my own words and and coupe of little things that I can't remember off the top of my head right now.

The tutorial is here, its a PDF file.
Zuwiki
I wish I knew how to do that in Blender...
kaikou
I can't see it Sad
a_dubDesign
kaikou wrote:
I can't see it Sad

I think the server must have been down for a bit. When I came here earlier it wasn't coming up, but it is now. I hope you get to make it back here and let me know what you think of it.

Zuwiki, whats Blender?