FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My first Visual Basic program!

Good for first project?
yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
no
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

bkatz
Well, I wasnt sure where to post this, so I posted it here.

Introducing: PMG AUTOSPAMMER!

Already found one bug -.-, sometimes it wont get the first letter of what you want to spam, I have no idea how to fix this. Maybe someone can help if I send them the source? Also, how do you change the title of the window? I tried to change it but it said it conflicts with the code, so I have no idea.

here it is: scan for viruses if you want =S, if you dont trust it dont use it...

http://www.ezupload.org/?w=download&id=14674&name=PMGAUTOSPAMMER.EXE
Bookface
a) let's see the source, and we'll talk about whether or not it's good -- I don't feel like running a random executable even in my protected sandbox environment here on Linux

b) what the hell does it do?
LandShark
^^ everything he said was true. what does it do. why should i just download it. You really have got to sell your product if yuo want people to sell it. Dont just say here it is DL it, hope you dont get a virus =). Tell us what it does and why we should download it, who knows people might want you to make more of them
Sappho
I downloaded it, its no malware and without viruses so dont worry. Its also full of bugs, or should i call it "unfinished"? Smile Scrollbars dont work, and as he mentioned first letter is ignored.

And what does it do? It simply binds 2 texts u write there to F10 and F11 function keys, something like CTRL+C and CTRL+V combination so u can paste that text by clicking a simple key.

Not totally bad for a very first try, if thats what u wanted to hear. Smile
Daniel15
Quote:
Also, how do you change the title of the window?

The 'Caption' property of the form.

Quote:
. Maybe someone can help if I send them the source?

Sure, post the source... I'm usually pretty good at spotting bugs.

P.S What version of Visual Basic do you use?
Nibbler26
He Probably Uses Visual Basic 6.0 .. Thats The 1 I Use.. Also If Anyone Cannot Run The Visual Basic 6.0 Programs.. All You have To Do Is 1 Thing... Download The Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime File Here:

Code:
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=8677

Copy And Paste The Code In Your Browser =)

File Scanned With Jotti:

Code:
File:  Visual_Basic_6.0_Runtime.zip 
MD5  9fa1bdf115052ac03108e903ce595412 
Packers detected:  -
Scanner results 
AntiVir  Found nothing
ArcaVir  Found nothing
Avast  Found nothing
AVG Antivirus  Found nothing
BitDefender  Found nothing
ClamAV  Found nothing
Dr.Web  Found nothing
F-Prot Antivirus  Found nothing
Fortinet  Found nothing
Kaspersky Anti-Virus  Found nothing
NOD32  Found nothing
Norman Virus Control  Found nothing
UNA  Found nothing
VBA32  Found nothing
Daniel15
Quote:
He Probably Uses Visual Basic 6.0 .. Thats The 1 I Use.

Yeah, I use Visual Basic 6.0, but now I'm starting to use Visual Basic 2005 (it's heaps more powerful, and fully object-orientated).
Nibbler26
Yeah I Heard About Visual Studio 2005.. Not Basic... But Is There Any Differences Between The Coding In Visual Basic 2005?
Daniel15
Nibbler26 wrote:
Yeah I Heard About Visual Studio 2005.. Not Basic... But Is There Any Differences Between The Coding In Visual Basic 2005?

The language has changed quite a lot. The old Visual Basic commands still work, but all the new commands are object-orientated. That means that everything (forms, modules, data types) are all objects.

For example:
Code:

Dim strTest as String

Will define strTest as a string. Strings are now classified as objects, so you could do something like this:
Code:

MsgBox strTest.Length

To get the length of the string.

Another good addition is the 'My' namespace. It has all the most commong functions. For example,
Code:

MsgBox "You have" & My.Computer.Info.AvailablePhysicalMemory & " free memory"

gets the total free memory on the user's computer.

There's a pretty good introduction to the 'My' namespace at http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050223.htm
Nibbler26
Wow Thats Excelent... So Do You Think I Should Stop Learning C++ For Now.. And Finish Learning Visual Basic? Also Is Visual Basic 6.0 Better Then 2005?
Daniel15
Nibbler26 wrote:
Wow Thats Excelent... So Do You Think I Should Stop Learning C++ For Now.. And Finish Learning Visual Basic? Also Is Visual Basic 6.0 Better Then 2005?

Yeah, it's a lot better. You need to get used to the new language, but after that, it's awesome, and very powerful.

Another good thing, in Visual Basic 6, if you have a form and want to move/resize the controls whenever the form is resized, you'd need to write code for it. This is automatic in Visual Basic 2005 (it's called "Anchoring".

There's even a FREE version of Visual Basic 2005! It's called the "Express Edition", and is available for download on the Microsoft site.
frozenhead
Nibbler26 wrote:

Oh well, I would suggest if you can learn both language, learn both because you know, a knowledge with the basics (like C++) would still make a difference in you with those who don't know C and take it as your advantage and of course the New Visual Studio 2005 (Visual Basic) of Microsoft is also good, just like other guys said, it changed a lot more than of version 6 and I'm still learning in it's fundamentals. Wink
Daniel15
frozenhead wrote:
it changed a lot more than of version 6 and I'm still learning in it's fundamentals. Wink

Yeah, I'm still learning the fundamentals as well, which is why I wrote my signature program (the client is written in Visual Basic 2005)

Anyone that wants to use Visual Basic 2005 can get a free (legal) version here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/default.aspx