FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

From where does Google earn money ?

vignesh_natraj
I need to know this.Before starting adsense and adwords did google make lot of money if so how.
how do searchengines generate income.without ads
Lennon
You can find out at the google website

http://www.google.ie/corporate/index.html

To be honest it's just something I've taken for granted by now...
Bondings
They had text ads on their website before they made them available for other publishers.
deeblue
companys pay google money for putting them on ads on a hihger position i think. thats also the matter that you become money fpr google ads when people click on the google ad banner.
boringest
google doesn't get paid for putting sites higher up the search engine rankings....but they give them the space on the sides that says sponsored links and all, also the price ranges from page to page e.g. 1st page is more expensive than 2nd one.

also, for adsense i think only about 20-30% of the revenue is passed on to you the publisher and the rest is theirs!
LandShark
your all wrong =). Google is magic and use google dollars instead of real money and they can print off google dollars as fast as they want them. But really, they do have ads and stuff on the sides, and i think people do pay them to put their ads onto it. I know AOL just paid a huge sum of money so that they would have alot of AOL ads on it
Atomo64
LandShark wrote:
your all wrong =). Google is magic and use google dollars instead of real money and they can print off google dollars as fast as they want them. But really, they do have ads and stuff on the sides, and i think people do pay them to put their ads onto it. I know AOL just paid a huge sum of money so that they would have alot of AOL ads on it

wtf?
cnnet
they off course ern from this
or they won't do this
Platform
As said ads and more ads....but now these companies make money many places....Google Earth, Yahoo has eBay and Skype.

And now Google has got a lot of money simply by the value of their stocks.
matt87
I love google... there company is great. They offer so much for free to the public that I don't think any other search engine compares to. People sometimes think they are not making money off of their site because they don't have advertisement anywhere. But... the reason why they offer so many things for free is to get people coming back and the more people coming back and searching the more money they make by the sponsors who pay to have there site on top. I am sure they are making lots of money doing many things, you just somtimes don't realizes what those things are.

*Now... if only I could find a way to go back in time and buy their stock when it was really low along with ebays stock as well.*