FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Yahoo! publisher, an alternative to Google AdSense

greendilim
I made this thread so we can really discuss on the new advertising network being released by Yahoo. I think it will be called Yahoo! publisher network and i hear that it will be just like google AdSense. Yahoo employee's are already quietly testing their new contextual advertising program for blogs and other small publishers. Ken Rudman, is a product manager at Yahoo-owned Overture, and his blog features contextual Overture ads throughout his site. Here are 2 pages showing the 2 different set of ad units: vertical two-ad format and horizontal three-ad format. I think the ads look fairly good since its still new. (good for people who got disabled/banned from AdSense) ..
xiaarra
how bout providing some links?
any idea when its would be available for all?
Bondings
Yahoo said it will be available soon. But you know Yahoo, soon might be half a year for them. Wink But most probably it will be in the summer, IMO.
n0obie4life
so were, going to hav egoogle and yahoo ads?
meangurl
greendilim wrote:
(good for people who got disabled/banned from AdSense) ..

lmao, what an insult for yahoo and those disabled banned from adsense as you called it

but anyway, just a noob question since i'm totally new and i've never used ads on my sites. is it allowed when we're gonna have ads both in yahoo and google in one page?

and how do they pay the users?
xiaarra
how effective is it going to be?
google adsense is pretty good. would yahoo be able to top it?
and how are they going to pay? google adsense doesnt make any sense to me.....
lucypinderfan
meangurl wrote:
is it allowed when we're gonna have ads both in yahoo and google in one page?

I dont think your allowed to have any other advertisement with google except for popups. Its agains the google tos or somthing.

I dont know how yahoo is going to pay users but hopefully you get option to recieve through check and paypal. that would be good.
lucypinderfan
oh i found something. Yahoo already use there ads network to sites that get millions of visitors and to yahoo employees that own blogs n such.
Here are 2 pages showing the 2 different set of ad units= vertical two-ad format: http://emmanate.org/wretch/ and horizontal three-ad format: http://emmanate.org/wretch/archives/000048.html
Very similar to google AdSense isnt it.
coolpages
this sounds rally cool
i had a google account but they canceled... really sucks Sad
hope yahoo comes out much bter... i''ll sign up there then
mengshi200
anyway,it is good news for internet.
svhkid
cool, they might try to raise paying price to get publishers
Grimboy
I love competition. If the content relivent, text only ads thing kicks off google might stop doing such screwy deals on revenue.
chanchunyu
Google adsense has strict rules but that's why they can afford to pay high revenue to publishers.
I'm looking forward to yahoo's program as a advertiser, as well as publisher
and I usually use yahoo to search anything as a habbit Laughing
I'll be more familiar with yahoo Cool
Bondings
chanchunyu wrote:
Google adsense has strict rules but that's why they can afford to pay high revenue to publishers.

Uhm, honestly most people aren't going to agree with you. The rules might seem very strict, but once you get approved for one website (and you will with a decent website), then you may put those ads on every website you own. Other networks only accept high-traffic quality websites.

Quote:
but anyway, just a noob question since i'm totally new and i've never used ads on my sites. is it allowed when we're gonna have ads both in yahoo and google in one page?

Google doesn't allow other contest-related text ads on the same page as the google ads. Normal banners are however allowed (with a few restrictions).
Quote:
and how do they pay the users?

Google pays you after reaching 100$ with a check or with EFT(electronic fund transfer).
zyee
how nice if they pay through paypal.....

well, anyone know any publisher aloow the payment through paypal?
Anderman
I think as Google is such a big company and is so widely used i think Yahoo! wont be able to rival it
Slay
I think we won't get more money because there isn't really a competition since it's only advertiser who pay us and not really google / yahoo !

Anyway that's still a good news to me;
freeonline
chanchunyu wrote:
I'm looking forward to yahoo's program as a advertiser, as well as publisher
and I usually use yahoo to search anything as a habbit Laughing
I'll be more familiar with yahoo Cool

WEll I agree with you at some point.
I am making around 3-4 houndreds on google but never had problem like b/c I cant make more
but I have created acount before somtime and even requested for PIN twise..no mail at all till today. well I have mailed again to their help center..I am really waiting for yahoo for sure if These problem goes like this... Question
Who knows the future. Wait and watch. I think YAHOO will need to come soon in market so Google get atleast some compitition. I have seen that some people are moving to www.clicksor.com ..good..they are getting better thesedays. Clicksor pays minimum 50$ for check users and 20$ for paypal. Not problems like PIN so thats good...even make more because they detect some words on site too

Thanks I hope YAHOO MAKE me better
johans
any body gives me a link to yahoo adsense?
nepalstar
Is Yahoo is providing Adsense like ad displaying service to earn some money to site owners?? if so then how to activate that? is that as effective as Google Adsense? If someone knows about this plz reply me..!
ankur209
Wow ! I guess it would be good for those who got banned from Google Adsense like me ! Cool
I can't use my google adsense ! Well i would defintely give it a try and hope that Yahoo would have done something good ! Laughing
jwellsy
I would not use the Yahoo ads on any site that I care about Google search engine ranking.
deanhills
I've always liked Yahoo! and do not like Google at all, but lately Yahoo! has just become very slow and cumbersome. Not like Google that is very light on its feet. Yahoo! is also not as savvy in its marketing. I'm still dreaming that we will get a worthy competitor for Google one day. And one that is much better than Yahoo!
Very Happy