FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you could spam on Frihost to gain points/FRIH$

Spamming on Frihost?
Hell yeah. Bondings is just after the ad impressions anyway.
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Yeah. I'd be happy. It'll be so easy to keep my accounts!
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
NOOOOOOO. Frihost will never become spamland with you as a mod.
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
No. Frihost is not spamland.
64%
 64%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 37

n0obie4life
IF you could spam on Frihost to gain points and FRIH$ to keep the hosting, would you? Or would you be against it?

Just a poll. Nothing much.

And also, the amount of FRIH$/Points earnt per post now is so pityful, anyone agrees!?
blackheart
You're only interested in getting a bigger margin on Frih$ over Bondings...

and hehe, got the first vote:

no, I wouldn't, because spamming's for lasy punk-ass morons.
(ah, the irony)
madsencarl
Spammers can go to hell. You lose points for spamming right? If not, you damn well should. Because people who spam just to keep their account up will actually disadvantage themselves, and they'll all be like "Oh crap, where'd my website go? I thought I spammed enough to keep it up!"
But yeh I agree that you get next to no points now, it should automatically be at least half a FRIH$ for a post, and one for a topic (but less FRIH$ per character for starting a topic).
vignesh_natraj
members who spam if found will loose their account.
also the whole purpose of spending time on forums is lost if one copies topics from the net and posts it with their name as author
raver
well i guess time will tell just how eficient or not is the new point sistem... this is my first post since it`s changed and i`m curious to see how much i will get for it Razz
As for spam i am gainst it... an dto tell you the truth almost everyday new spam topics appear here or there with such stupid and obvious questions that i sit in front of my computer and think: "What the f**k? do these people have no brain?"
I propose when registering on frihost everyone should also take an iq test Very Happy

p.s. You earned 2.27643 Points Very Happy
Daniel15
I'd never spam at FriHost, I try my best to not spam.
I'm suprised at the little amount of spam we get here, most other free web hosts have heaps more spam than we do.

P.S You need an "I'm Gonzo" option Very HappyVery Happy
MalvagioAddict
well, i voted no to spamming, technically it would be the easy way out. BUt I never really cared much for spamming any board. I hate it when people spam so I make it a point not to.

I wish there were other ways in order to get easier points though. But i really would much prefer if there were actually at least semi intelligent posts. It makes it more interesting for the poster to become involved.
Carupieara
Okay, we are all against spam posts - thats an accepted notion but what about all those post that are just to get people in a flame war like telling them their believes are wrong. Why does no one EVER talk about that? Am I the only one who's disgusted by those??
blackheart
Carupieara wrote:
Okay, we are all against spam posts - thats an accepted notion but what about all those post that are just to get people in a flame war like telling them their believes are wrong. Why does no one EVER talk about that? Am I the only one who's disgusted by those??

Probably.
n0obie4life
Carupieara wrote:

Rawr. No you aren't.

Bondings hates spam so much that he forwards all his spam to my email (joking about the email part).
S3nd K3ys
Invalid poll.

No option for Trolling for points. Wink
n0obie4life
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Invalid poll.

No option for Trolling for points. Wink

This one is on spam, not on trolling for points Wink.

I always troll for points anyway.
tidruG
Carupieara wrote:

Actually, I try a lot to keep an eye out for trolls (I believe the forum/internet word for people trying to get other people into flame wars is "troll"). There have never really been many members like that on Frihost... they generally get banned. So, if you notice any member inciting other members to flame or break any other rule, please PM a moderator.
n0obie4life
tidruG wrote:
There have never really been many members like that on Frihost...

Stop lying to yourself. You are seeing one right now and you know it.
tidruG
n0obie4life wrote:
tidruG wrote:
There have never really been many members like that on Frihost...

Stop lying to yourself. You are seeing one right now and you know it.

OK, let me re-phrase that..

There have been very few members on Frihost who are/were real forum trolls. On the other hand, we have n0obie4life... a wannabe forum troll who ends up being funny instead... Razz
S3nd K3ys
Damn. I thought I was one of the best (most successful) tolls here.

Meh.
izimngcubes15
No, I would not spam if I was allowed. Because spam, is like a cheap way to earn your way up. And I hate those kind of people who does that and think they're all cool and going to get what they wanted because they spam. Plus it will bring clutter to the forum, and soon it will be completely taken over by spammers. I do not want to see that in Frihost.com forums.
Soulfire
I don't spam, per se, but my posts are generally short, but constructive. They almost all have valid points to them, I just perfer not to write a thousand word essay on an issue, just state my opinions and leave, and I am being HEAVILY penalized for that now.

At first the idea souded good, but after so many posts of 'You've just earned .009124 Points and .009124 Frih$' I have changed my mind.
Devil
i dont think any decent member would spam the forum for useless points ,

and we dont need to spam the forum to keep hosting , we just need a few good posts every month Wink

i think noobie is over-reacting

PS:
why noobie is protesting against bonding these days , Question

@bonding

Did u steal Noobies Underwear ? Laughing

@Soulfire

Here is a Tip , i close my eyes when it shows the points i got for that post Rolling Eyes
xorcist
I wouldnt spam but I think that the points should be a little higher then what it is right now. Because to get like at least one point you have to post a whole bunch not to say that's not good but it will keep spam down.
n0obie4life
Devil wrote:
PS:
why noobie is protesting against bonding these days , Question

@bonding

Did u steal Noobies Underwear ? Laughing

He sure did Sad. He stole my favourite peanuts too. And..and...bah, he just stole lots of my stuff.
Marston
n0obie4life wrote:
IF you could spam on Frihost to gain points and FRIH$ to keep the hosting, would you? Or would you be against it?

Just a poll. Nothing much.

And also, the amount of FRIH$/Points earnt per post now is so pityful, anyone agrees!?
Oh n0obie4life, you are such a troublemaker... Rolling Eyes
gothicgeek
I agree with soulfire i always have to reiterate my point several times in a single post to get any points. It kinda makes me think harder about stuff i guess lol Rolling Eyes
ignition
No need for this thread...just looking around this forum answers the question better than your poll ever could.

For the first few months I was here, things were a lot smaller and I actually posted regularly; once the member count got into the thousands things just started getting out of hand. I liked Frihost much more when it was a smaller community, when I actually considered being a moderator here, and when the threads actually meant something and had not been posted around 12 twelve times. Yet now I see people who joined a couple weeks ago who have hundreds of posts, I mean wtf cmon...

edit - bondings I think it would be good to lower the points/character amount a little more; I almost reached the max points per post for writing this little paragraph.
n0obie4life
The point of this thread was to ask, if you could spam on Frihost, would you?

Quote:
when I actually considered being a moderator here

Sure, try it now, you'll have tons of fun.

Fun with sacarsm.

Quote:
once the member count got into the thousands things just started getting out of hand.

I always thought that happened to every community. So, it's kinda normal.

Quote:
I liked Frihost much more when it was a smaller community

Guess what? Bondings didn't. He was hoping for the 10,000 member count for months. And what? He doesn't want to remove the inactive users and 51% of the registered users didn't post a single thing the last time I checked (that's 5000 >). Then out of the 51% of the users who hasn't posted a single thing, 50% of then are inactive users (they never activated their account). Then, I'm sure another 15% or so (of the users that posted) posted lesser than 20 posts.

Quote:
and when the threads actually meant something and had not been posted around 12 twelve times.

Really? They get trashed 90% of the time, so, if you actually SEE any, kindly PM a Moderator and we'll remove it ASAP.

Quote:
Yet now I see people who joined a couple weeks ago who have hundreds of posts, I mean wtf cmon...

They are just active members. That's all. They just visit this place everyday, and post, contribute to this great community.

Note that if you found this post offensive in anyhow, it wasn't meant to be offensive, I apologize for that Wink.
ignition
n0obie4life wrote:
The point of this thread was to ask, if you could spam on Frihost, would you?

Obviously people CAN spam on frihost, and obviously they DO for the hosting. Of course this is most common among the new members who are just anxious to get their sites up, but you must realize how annoying it is for people like me who are not on as often - checking in maybe twice a week or so - to look at the forum and see 50 absolutely retarded threads, another dozen or so locked ones, and another dozen or so that have been brought up ages ago, with around 2 good threads that you'll find me posting in. Not that I'm blaming anyone's moderating here, it has to be hard with the constant spamming; and I do appreciate the threads that get locked - prevents more bandwagoners from spamming them.

Quote:
I always thought that happened to every community. So, it's kinda normal.

Guess what? Bondings didn't. He was hoping for the 10,000 member count for months. And what? He doesn't want to remove the inactive users and 51% of the registered users didn't post a single thing the last time I checked (that's 5000 >). Then out of the 51% of the users who hasn't posted a single thing, 50% of then are inactive users (they never activated their account). Then, I'm sure another 15% or so (of the users that posted) posted lesser than 20 posts.

I understand that, and I also realize how many of the accounts are dead/inactive. But Frihost isn't just a normal community, in the sense that posting is essentially required - if people are forced to post (and most people are, since they are probably on here for the hosting) then lots of spam will result...this (and by this I mean general discussion) forum is the perfect example. The subforums near the bottom aren't quite as bad, and regardless there are always several threads I enjoy reading through.

Quote:
Really? They get trashed 90% of the time, so, if you actually SEE any, kindly PM a Moderator and we'll remove it ASAP.

3/4 of the threads in the music and games forum could be removed; I'll PM when I see one that has been brought up > 3 times.

Quote:
They are just active members. That's all. They just visit this place everyday, and post, contribute to this great community.

You'd be a good propaganda writer =)
Whatever though man, I'm not here to argue with you over the quality of the posts here, and I know bondings is doing as much as he can to prevent the kind of shit that goes on (the changes he made today, for exmaple...). Keep up the moderating Razz
srijit
yeah, the low points system does act as an incentive for spamming. but i think most people are grateful for the service provided by bondings that they refrain from spamming. i try not to spam Razz
TonkPilz
i voted for No. Frihost is not spamland. but thats coz i dident find any option i agreed whit ther ar olready alot of pointspaming here but whit thes new point settings im sure it will get better as long ppl dont start cuting and pasteing articals or somting like that (cuting and pasteing whas the 1st ting that plopd in to my head)

HATE SPAMERS THO LETS LYNCH EM ALL
KHO
Neutral l actually just sit here in the mesage boards more than l work on my site anyway Neutral. but then again, l have gotten kinda tired of trying to fix the errors on the site, and that might be one reason for the lack of effort Neutral. So no, l would not spam to keep my hosting Neutral however, l would spam to have more posts/Frih$ then you Neutral but that would be a lot of spam Neutral
silvermesh
the only people who like spam are the people doing it, and then they usually hate it when others do it to them. I really like the idea of a community-based hosting system where participation means inclusion. Frihost is yummy with it's anti-spam policy.
quixotic
silvermesh wrote:
the only people who like spam are the people doing it, and then they usually hate it when others do it to them. I really like the idea of a community-based hosting system where participation means inclusion. Frihost is yummy with it's anti-spam policy.

That's pretty much everything I was going to say. I joined just today, and I joined because of the requirement to keep active on the forums. I love rules like that, because it means the people in charge actually pay attention to what's going on and uh... stuff.

If people were allowed to spam here I probably wouldn't have joined. Spam lowers the collective IQ of a forum, and it's hard to keep out drama when people are allowed to spam up the place.
n0obie4life
3 people voted the first option.
1 person voted the second option.

And they didn't dare to reply Rolling Eyes
vinodmishra
Well NO NO and a big NO as genuine informative posts would go unnoticed because of spamming. Points or no points, spamming is always disallowed in a forum. Smile
Devil
Spammers cant get away with so many mods around , plus there is no real motivation to spamm Laughing