FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Correct capitalisation of FriHost?

Daniel15
This is probably aimed at Bondings: Can someone please tell me, is it Frihost, FriHost, FRIHost, FRIHOST or frihost?

Because the titles on pages like the FAQ say Frihost, the logo says FriHost and the forum says FRIHOST.
Bondings
Actually, I currently prefer Frihost or FRIHOST.
SunburnedCactus
"FRIHOST" seems like the louder option. Something you could shout at people. Seriously, it's the future of site advertising! Wink
madsencarl
Technically speaking, I think it's FRIHost, because it's an abbreviation. But I reckon that FriHost sounds more professional - I hate names that are all caps. Just hate 'em.
n0obie4life
FRIHost sounds nicer to me.

Frihost sounds okay to me.

FRIHOST sounds horrible to me. It's just plain shouting Smile.
Soulfire
*LOUD NOISES*

I like FriHost (as it is in the logo) and FRIHost. All caps isn't too appealing to me, it's like you're screaming at the top of your lungs... only in keyboard style.

I never took the time to stop and think that people perfer different capitalizations. Wow, we must have too much time on our hands. I suppose that's not a bad thing though Wink
mike4652
Quote:
I like FriHost (as it is in the logo)

This works for me and I feel that it looks right also.
I like the way that the home page displays the name. Looks great.
Daniel15
Soulfire wrote:
I never took the time to stop and think that people perfer different capitalizations. Wow, we must have too much time on our hands. I suppose that's not a bad thing though Wink

Well, it was really annoying me not knowing what the correct capitalisation is.

I personally prefer FriHost or FRIHost, FRIhost just looks weird, FriHost is alright, but I agree when people say that FRIHOST is just screaming (It reminds me of DOS-type file names where everything is in caps Very Happy)
lockwolf
I perfer FriHost. I Think it looks more professional.
gothicgeek
FriHost is my favorite. Yeah.
Very Happy
frozenhead
Well, I will not repeat what the other emphasized here and just say what I prefer most.

FriHost is my choice. Simple yet it can caught attention. Wink
hac
FriHost would be my preference.
Helios
FriHost.. because it should have been FreeHost Wink
James007
I like FriHost the most.... the capital H in the middle gives it some balance...
Marston
madsencarl wrote:
Technically speaking, I think it's FRIHost, because it's an abbreviation. But I reckon that FriHost sounds more professional - I hate names that are all caps. Just hate 'em.
Yeah, FRI isn't an abbreviation. It's meant to be like "Free", but spelled differently... Sad
silvermesh
I like how bondings actually responded, and then there were still posts after his who say things like "technically, I think its this", and don't say the same thing as the founder Wink

FRI is indeed an acronym. Free Reliable Internet Host. but its really irrelevant whether the word Frihost comes from an acronym or not, its become a word in and of itself, and so to me it's just Frihost. Wink one word, no messing around.
n0obie4life
Marston wrote:
madsencarl wrote:
Yeah, FRI isn't an abbreviation. It's meant to be like "Free", but spelled differently... Sad

According to Bondings, Free is spelt as "Fri" in dutch or pronounced like that, I'm not sure.
nam_siddharth
n0obie4life wrote:
According to Bondings, Free is spelt as "Fri" in dutch or pronounced like that, I'm not sure.

Free is spelt as fri in some languages, but always pronounced as free.

FriHost should have fixed method of putting its name. It is FriHost in logo, so it's official name is FriHost, I think.
xSh1DoWx
I like FRIHost, because of the signs of Bondings.
Bondings signature:
Frihost - Free Reliable Internet Hosting - Here we are and here we stay.

The Bondings have this in signature:
Frihost

But the Bondings have this in signature also:
Free Reliable Internet Hosting

the big bold letters is initials that create de name FRIHost. it is what I think.
LandShark
I like FriHost the best, and i agree if its all capitalized then it makes it sound like you are shouting it accross the web. . . They all look right except all lower case letters, and a quick question if it was an abbrevation wouldnt you have to put it as F.R.I.Host???
Daniel15
LandShark wrote:
And a quick question if it was an abbrevation wouldnt you have to put it as F.R.I.Host???

No, that would look just weird. Not all abbreviations have dots between the letters.

Quote:
"FRIHOST" seems like the louder option. Something you could shout at people. Seriously, it's the future of site advertising!

I actually though about that. All the links at the top of the forum seem to scream as well:
Quote:
FRIHOST FREE WEB HOSTING
HOME FORUMS RULES FAQ TOS DIRECTORY ACCOUNT

It could be the future of site advertising..

Instead of:
Come and join our community (or something similar)

Consider:

Very HappyVery Happy
vignesh_natraj
FRIHost is unique.
We can use anything as long as it spells correct
n0obie4life
vignesh_natraj wrote:
FRIHost is unique.

No way. We don't want to look like some lame webhost with people going around and typing

FrIhOsT - FrEe QuAlItY wEbHoStInG!!!!

Very Happy
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
vignesh_natraj wrote:
FRIHost is unique.

No way. We don't want to look like some lame webhost with people going around and typing

FrIhOsT - FrEe QuAlItY wEbHoStInG!!!!

Very Happy

Only people that use AOL type like that Razz

And it would be more like:
OMG!!1!1 FrIhOsT - FreEe l33t h0st1Ng WTF??!? L0lZ0rz!!!11!1!!one1one!1!!11
Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy
SunburnedCactus
It's good to see a bit of healthy AOL bashing here. Lets do it more often! Very Happy
justinrs32
Bondings wrote:
Actually, I currently prefer Frihost or FRIHOST.

Well if that is what you prefer, then you should make it be either FRIHOST or Frihost on the whole website. That might save some confusion. I personally don't think it matters, and to be honest, I didn't even notice the differences. Oh well!

-Justin