FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Finding a compiler

Xcelerate
This may be an odd spot for a question like this, but I am trying very hard to find a way to develop software for the SigmaTel 3500 chip series. So far I haven't found an SDK, much less a C or ASM compiler for it. (Typically, the 3500 series is used in Portable Music Players. You can see the connection here.)

Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah, the 3500 chip is also the same chip used in the iPod shuffle, in case that gives a lead to anyone.
Daniel15
Hi,
The SigmaTel SDK is available on various P2P networks, but I'm not really sure of the legality of it. From what I've heard, the SDK comes with the COMPLETE source code of the firmware.

There's some stuff on this site that you might be interested in. Although the page is in Portuguese (I couldn't understand it), there's some links to the chip hardware reference (stmp3500_reference_sch_revb.pdf) and the SDK guide (stmpsoftwaredevelopmentutils.doc) at the bottom of the page. Unfortunately, that site doesn't have the SDK.

EDIT: The SDK is available through eMule, unfortunately for some reason, eMule doesn't work for me.