FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Site Contests

Phil
I always see all these contests for web sites and respective awards that go with them.
I have a sports related site that I'm sure could win an award or two but I always wondered if it would be worth it. I mean, will it bring me any more traffic or a better page ranking?
Should I look into it?
Blaster
What do you have to lose. I would it might get the word out there. Give us the link and we can check them out. I say when you go nothing to loose go all the way.
Bondings
Most of those websites (but not all) aren't worth the effort. The only thing they want is you placing their award on your website. Of course with a nice link back to them.

Let's assume you already have a very good website qua content. The next thing you need to get is visitors. And how do they come to your website? By clicking on a link either on google or on another website. And google displays your website mostly according to your link popularity and anchor texts.

This means that you need to get links pointing to your website, a lot of them.

-Submit your website to directories. Only the good ones, of course. Here is a good list: http://info.vilesilencer.com/main.php?rock=seo-friendly.php Don't submit to PR0 or gray PR directories, they might be banned by google. Please note that some take months or even up to a year to include your website. Others will add it in a few days. Also, if they allow it, use titles with your keywords inside it. This will help a lot with google.
-Advertise your website on the internet, like on forums, but never spam.
-Send a few emails to fellow webmasters with related websites asking for a link exchange, after placing their link on your website and mentioning it.
-Search for reciprocal link pages where you just need to submit your data and the page where you added their link. Those also might get you a good link.
Phil
Thanks Bondings-again.

Wow- the list is almost all "PRO".
Just what does this mean?
I've been trying to get as many back-links a possible lately. I'm slowly getting them, but it is work.
It's amazing how many people will just ignore you.
Or offer to sell you a link!
Marston
Actually, if it's a high profile award, it could earn you a bit of traffic... I don't actually know any high profile awards off head, and it'd be really hard to actually get the award... (Maybe I'm just crazy.)