FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can someone recommend some software for...

Josso
Filtering fairly high pitched noises out? I need the software entirely for that purpose infact. I actually produce my own music but I do it nearly entirely by Hardware not Software so I don't know much about this kind of thing really... I've never had the need to search for good software before. I need freeware if possible please! I wanted to post this in music but it isn't really very music related.

Thanks,
Josso
SunburnedCactus
Can you be more specific about the noise? In any case I'd suggest an audio editor such as Audacity which is free and will most likely be able to help you somehow.
Josso
Well just very high pitched noises (i'm talking way above the human voice but enough to be heard). It's for a new comedy type talkshow thing I'm doing.. the guys that are providing it to me for hosting are recording it on an mp3 player.. the mic is surprisingly good but it's got a high pitched noise in the background that is way above (pitch-wise) anything else.
SunburnedCactus
Yeah, it sounds like you want a high-pass filter to remove the unwanted noise. Uhm, I'm not sure what good free ones there are about to be honest, haven't been keeping up with that scene lately.
Josso
Yeah that sounds like the kind of filter I'd be needing... can you point me in the direction of some software that has that ability?
SunburnedCactus
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

is where to find Audacity. Give that a try, if it doesn't work I might have thought of something else by then.
KHO
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Can you be more specific about the noise? In any case I'd suggest an audio editor such as Audacity which is free and will most likely be able to help you somehow.
l will also recomend Audacity, it is a very good freeware editor, it gives you nearly as much control as the expensive stuff, it's just that they are very easy to navigate through, this one takes awhile to learn Neutral
Josso
Yeah, it's actually really good your right... definatly keeping this. Not helping my problem even with High Pass.

Edit:

May post some samples of the problem later if no other answers come up.
gertjang
Audacity is great! You can also get tons of plug-ins, but the standard version comes with a lot of possibilities.
headlong
It is probably bacause of your hardware. Do you have a disc in your CD-ROM/DVD-Rom spinning all the time? The CPU-fan is another souce of noise. If you have a better sound card that has a metal cover, it would solve the problem. Just two cents...