FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your favourite types of games?

Custom
What is your favorite type of game.

I love RPG, action and free roaming games too, and Im really found of the Grand Theft Auto series.

I think there are all packed with things to do misions and there are lots of things to do.

I think that next gen gta will rock just think, all the features of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but with Next Generation features.

What do you think is the best game?
spider89
Sport, Race, and RPG I love them Smile
d-hunter
RPG is definitely my favorite. Second for me is FPS, and third racing.

Warcraft Review...[/url]
Enderwiggin
For Starters, I LOVE RPG's, but also enjoy shooters, and Racing games, Actually, My favorite games are the ones with everything in them, RPG's with shooters, racing, trading, Strategy, sports, etc.... lol... I guess my favorite would be the mix of games, but those arnt common enough to be their own category, so I'd have to say RPG's and MMORPGs....
d-hunter
My favorite are first-person shooter, MMO adventure RPG, RTS and RPG, classic NES and N64 games, and racing. My favorite FPS is UT2004. My favorite MMO is World of Warcraft. My favorite RTS is Warhammer, RPG is Warcraft. Mario, Zelda and Metroid for the NES, same for the N64 plus party games and James Bond.
amusic
I like RPG previously. Then started to like shooting game. Now I like simulation game like civillization, sim city.... Very Happy
TeK
Definately FPSs. I play them like a man possessed ^_^. I also enjoy action/adventure games every now and then and an RPG or two
Magix
My favorite games would be all types of Shooting, Action, Driving, Racing, and Sports. I really hate adventure games because their so stupid and boring. My favorite game would have to be Counter-Strike Source for PC. For PS2 I would have to go with Need For Speed Most Wanted. NFS MW is a really great game, if you get the chance you should definatly try it.
Hanpusu-kun
FPS, RPG, Adventure, Action and Puzzle are my favorite genres.
But still strategy games arent bad either.
But my favorite type can change daily of what game im playing Wink
Saber
I have found that a lot of people, myself in cluded tend to like allmost all games. But only for a time pirod. What I mean by this is taking "turns" with games. So a week or so play a RPG then start to get bored with it, switch to a FPS to get some stress out, then some fun raceing, or what ever for fun and then back to RPGs.

And I have a question for you who like RPGS, are you one of the people that sometimes like to "fully RP"*, dont mind ir, or are you the people that get ticked off when people fully RP?

By fully Rping I mean no mention of anythign that wouldnt be inside the game world.
Wanderer
i love adventure games like legend of zelda. its always fun to find new places in the game and kill many different bosses with new weapons

fighting games are also good depending on how many strategies you can use. like super smash brothers melee and soul calibur 3. The computer AI of soul calibur 3 is annoying because it blocks every attack so i only play multiplayer with my friends.

stuff like dbz budokai didnt interest me because all the characters were almost the same except for the 3rd one because of the addition of teleporting behind the opponent to dodge attacks and juggling is always fun.
kaze89
My favourite games are RPGs like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Legaia....etc

Saber I'm afraid I don't understand your question. What do you mean with 'fully rp' ?
Saber
What I mean by that is the people that play as that character, not just someone playing as a character. they are the people that will not mention anything that isnt in the game, so no real names(only character names) they talk as if the character was talking. so when they are about to log off they wont say something like "later, loging off" because that involves the outside world.

sorry If im still not making sense, at the moment I cant think of another way to describe it.
cire
Im a real addict to FPS game hehe, I love CS, BF2, Half life, Medal of Honor and more Very Happy but i also like all Blizzard games Cool Starcraft and Diablo 2 own!!! Razz
zonymousbond007
I like Action/Adventure/Stealth games best.
abone
I like all categories of strategy and adventure games.. Smile
polit
I like RPG-s if the game has a unique universe which is coherent and logical - or simply intimate and non-linear - like the Fallout 1-2.
Adventure games are mostly full linear ones but i like them too, because this is the genre which gives a full atmosphere of a world but only if the game is very well-designed (including the plot at first place).
I think not the type of the game is the most important element, because I liked FPS,shoot'em up, RTS category games, too. If the game succeds in transiting the world in which is take place it's a good game. The best ones are mixed-type games (for example Half-Life, my favourite RTS-s like Original War and Battle Realms, and tactical shooters - all-time favourite is Operation Flashpoint) which have good ideas not typical used in its category before.

OK, and the last one: logical games. Rare ones in commercial category, like Infernal Machine or Pandora's box.
cokdes
I like turn-based strategi such as: Football Manager and Civillization.
Those game improve my skill to manage anything.. hehe
papamurphy
RPGs are the greatest, then after its close between FPS, RTS, and Action/Adventure. Sports games have kind of lost their luster to me, because they seem to be almost the exact same with altered rosters and very slightly improved graphics. Racing games like F-Zero are fun, and very hard.
Hanpusu-kun
Saber wrote:
What I mean by that is the people that play as that character, not just someone playing as a character. they are the people that will not mention anything that isnt in the game, so no real names(only character names) they talk as if the character was talking. so when they are about to log off they wont say something like "later, loging off" because that involves the outside world.

sorry If im still not making sense, at the moment I cant think of another way to describe it.

Whut?
I dont understand exactly.
That a person dont talk about anything else then the things that are in the game?
And that they act like that RPG person?
And they dont say Goodbye to there friends because that isnt in the game? Shocked
NewGuyinTown
I like any games with a good story, good graphics, and good gameplay.

I do not like online RPGs. Strategy and Action Games are my favorite.
XxGunner
my favourite types of games would be role playing games, first perosn shooter games, strategy games, massive multiplayer online text based games (some) but those get boring...im mostly a fisrt person shooter type gamer since those types of games are fast...
s43ros
I am a big fan of the RTS games. I like to think and utterly destroy my opponents by messing with their heads and tricking them. I also like FPS, but who doesn't
It's a good stress reliever and just all around fun

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is my current game of choice. But it will soon change to Empire at War when it comes out
lockwolf
RTS and FPS

RTS: There is no better feeling than taking down a weak enemy with a whole horde of 1000+ units

FPS: There is no better feeling than taking down an entire army with one person!
Thug
Personally i like 3D Shooters the best, like FEAR, Quake3, Half Life 2, Counterstrike Source.

Second favourite typ of games are Racing games like Nfsmw, Nfsu2 and many more i cant think of right now....
Dino
I like FPS and Americas Army, but best game for relaxing is Serious Sam, a milions of stupid creatures which you have to kill
linkman2004
I like action/adventure games and platformers. The legend of Zelda games rock and so do Mario Sunshine and Mario 64.
kansloos
Dor me it's the First Person Shooter,
As your in the middle of the action...
Empire
Sim., RPG, MMORPG, and definatly 1st person shooters.
Hanpusu-kun
Dino wrote:
I like FPS and Americas Army, but best game for relaxing is Serious Sam, a milions of stupid creatures which you have to kill

Americas Army is a real propaganda game.
Seriously, it shouldnt even be called a game.
lucifertje
I love strategic games.
My all-time favorite is civilization 2. I don't really like the next chapters.
This one is fun, original and very light.
I just hate those games that demand everything from your system.
That just doesn't cut it for me.
Simple and strategic is good for me. Wink
roeenoy
ummm

i am not sure but i love action games like gta but i also love games like need for speed
Calemb
I like Role Playing Games and Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games. I like strategy games, like Red Alert, Red Alert 2, Age of Empires 1, 2, 3. My favourite game is Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. Cool
Manix
My favorte games are.. offcourse ... RPG's Very Happy ... then FPSs.. then Strategyes... then i dunno... what else is there??? oh.. yhea.. cars.. yes!!
Hanpusu-kun
RPG's, FPS, Strategy, Puzzle, Adventure, Action and so on.
As long as its good gameplay, ill play it ;D
Exil
I almost play shooter games, mostly i play css, I like shooter games, becouse when i'm angry, I just can shoot (I'm not in realy live like that, i'm normaly a normaly guy XD)

I like to play RPG's, too. I play often Vampires dawn, It's for me the best RPG ever. Becouse I like Vampires ^-^. RPG's are really cool, becouse I like the old playing consolen, and than I saw the RPG's.

I often play with emulators, becouse I like the Nintendo 64 *old old*, and the games on it are very cool, becouse mostly they are RPG's.

But I can play any game, when I like it. Like Civilsation or Age of Empires. I almost play that what I like, and I know, I can do it.
Natrualkiller
i like rpgs a lot because you improve your guy i also like fps 2
Darkside
Custom wrote:
What is your favorite type of game.

I love RPG, action and free roaming games too, and Im really found of the Grand Theft Auto series.

I think there are all packed with things to do misions and there are lots of things to do.

I think that next gen gta will rock just think, all the features of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but with Next Generation features.

What do you think is the best game?

MMO's are the best Very Happy
=ALiEN-SK=
I would have to say that my favourite type of game is First Person Shooters. I love all the action that these games have and i love the shooting side of it to.

I really hate all the fantasy type games with the magic and crap like that so thats why i dont have any. I find them really boring and repetitive. FPS' arent repetitive in the sense that they have many different objectives in which you must do.

I mostly play these shooting games either over the computer internet or over the ps2 online thingy. My gaming tag is my username! (just threw that in 4 no reason).

My favourtie FPS would be Far Cry but its tied with SWAT4 and HL2/CS:S
charredii
FPS and Race definitely top the list
n-myster
GAMES
GAMES
GAMES

AND MORE GAMES games are the best thing in the world

i love stratgety games and rpg such as metal gear dawn of war

i have a good selection of games for mi pc

such as sims 2
sims 2 uni
the movies
flight sim 04
dawn of war
dawn of war : winter assult
swat 4
and my personal faveourite
Battlefield 2
elefas
The most addicting game for me is GTA. Honestly I get easily bored of computer games and it is (the series) the only game which kept me so much time in front of my monitor.
n-myster
yeh i agree that GTA is defiantly a VERY addicting game i love the series #
but mi dad is the "Your Not allowed 18+ untill your 18"

lol
adiutrix
FPS for me, ever since the Battlefield series came out I have loved them. No other FPS game is so wide range.
Hanpusu-kun
n-myster wrote:
yeh i agree that GTA is defiantly a VERY addicting game i love the series #
but mi dad is the "Your Not allowed 18+ untill your 18"

lol

Thats great, finally parents realise that all games isnt good for children to play.
GTA is a violent game, and shouldnt be played by youngsters.
olag
I love strategic games even though i don't play it now. After the arcade games are good too.
Timoses
My favorite type of games are second world war games and FPS.
I love games like CoD1/2 or BF1942, BFVIETNAM, BF2, or FarCry
and I can't wait for FarCry2 to come out.
Till then I need a new Computer :s..
olafsson
Racers and GTA are the ones I like. Driving and ramming is just the top.
darth_revan
RPGs RPGs and RPGs!
Fallout, arcanum, baldur's gate 1 and 2, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 and more... RPGs are the best!

I like strategy games too...
for example: Civilization (4 is the best), Heroes of Might and Magic (i like HoMM4 but everybody hates?!) and Empire earth (second isn't balanced but its fun)