FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

(NOT SOLVED)Providing Ftp access to others

saiyeek
I am currently hosting a website of the club of my college. We are organising web-research competition where students will search different materials, compile study materials and make a website out of it. We are hoping that we will provide ftp access to every participants to upload their materials which will reside in the server not more than 2 weeks, I assure I wil delete them afterwards. So can I provide ftp access to specific folders of my website so that the participants will be able to upload their websites? I again assure you I will delete them after 2-3 weeks when the competition will get over.
Loathing in Fear
Yes, you can make FTP accounts for everybody, to make FTP accounts
for only 1 special directory, go to: "FTP menu" then, click on "Create FTP Account", then, make the ftp account, as ftp settings you have to do: "custom", change the home/"username"/ to
home/"username"/"the map for that person"

Now, you made an FTP account with only acces to that map.

--------------------------
Loathing Wink
saiyeek
Loathing in Fear wrote:
Yes, you can make FTP accounts for everybody, to make FTP accounts
for only 1 special directory, go to: "FTP menu" then, click on "Create FTP Account", then, make the ftp account, as ftp settings you have to do: "custom", change the home/"username"/ to
home/"username"/"the map for that person"

Now, you made an FTP account with only acces to that map.

--------------------------
Loathing Wink

I know all of this stuffs, wanting to know if Bondings will allow cause if i go against the restriction i may have to bear account removal of which i don't want to take the risk.