FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost the solution for me?

Coolgeek
I came to this site while looking for a free host where I can put up a forum on for a World of Warcraft Guild.

I dont know anything about programming or html and such, very little about ftp even. But the guild I played in earlier used the same forum type as these forums and ive been to thier homepage and downloaded the program and now it seems that I need a hosting place to upload the forums on and then I can begin testing and learning how to run a forum.

Will this be possible for me after getting the 10quality points Question

After ive learned the forum part of the website I would like to add a
*News section
*DKP Site
*Roster Page

Is it possible to host these things on one of your free hosting services and can you intergrate these sections within this forumtype?

I would sincerly be impressed if I got any response at all Smile
Loathing in Fear
Frihost is THE host for beginners Wink
- Yes, i think you can host these things here on this host, but im not sure if you can integrate these things with your phpbb forum.

- FTPing is not so difficult, i recommend to use filezilla (see the filezilla in the sticky at the top of this forum) to login with the ftp, go to: "File" => "Site manager..." => "new site" (at the bottom) => fill in the form.
then, go to the right - top, click on the computer alike picture, and press on the domain/host you just added.

EDIT: If you need help, just post here, or send me a PM Smile

---------------------
Loathing Wink
Ohsakm
I have been looking for a free web hosting, and I think frihost is the best, because you have 250 mb and a lot of badwich without adons. the only thing that i don't like is that you have to post to have your webhosting, but I don't mind, I think frihost is the best site to webhosintg a web, until i find another webhosting better than frihost, but i think it is very difficult.
n0obie4life
Yes. You can have a roster page and etc etc etc Wink.

Make sure you are using a FREE FORUM for your forum, like phpBB, SMF, myBBoard and not vBulletin or IPB.

vBulletin and IPB are NOT allowed on our servers without prior proof that you have bought a legal version Smile.

@ Loathing, please don't ask Frihosters to PM mods and admins to ask those questions, we get flooded with daily PMs reporting posts and etc Smile.

You can ask in the Scripting forum if you need help with your code or view our tutorials forum.
Loathing in Fear
@ Ohsakm

double post Very Happy

-I don't mind the posting...
It was quite annoying in the beginning, but afterwards, it got fun Very Happy
And it is only 1 post a day...

-Frihost is by far the best host i have ever seen! You have like... paid hosting
services, that only provide ¼ of what frihost provides you!!

@ n0obie:
Sorry Razz, i'll edit the post above Smile

P.S. Now i post like... 5 - 15 times a day!
--------------------------
Loathing Wink
Jamatu
Quote:
After ive learned the forum part of the website I would like to add a
*News section
*DKP Site
*Roster Page

http://www.mortalis.frihost.net/forums/index.php
http://www.mortalis.frihost.net/forums/portal.php
http://www.mortalis.frihost.net/eqdkp/listmembers.php?s=
http://mortalis.frihost.net/roster/html/index.php?s=class

frihost is the place for you! you can easily install a forum with fantastico and the portal, DKP site etc are easy enough to install if you follow the insturctions.
n0obie4life
Jamatu wrote:
frihost is the place for you! you can easily install a forum with fantastico and the portal, DKP site etc are easy enough to install if you follow the insturctions.

New accounts do not get Fantastico with them. They get a much better server with auto-reboot on it.

Probably, who told people to want cPanel.
Coolgeek
Damn really nice guys, and its exactly the thing I was looking for which you made Jamatu.

Posting in forums have never been a problem for me but it feels kinda cheazy that sometimes you might post just for the points.

Like im doing now Embarassed so I can start working on the site Wink
Ohsakm
ups, sorry for my doble post, I don't know how I did that, but now I can't quit it (the second post) Embarassed
dan751
Frihost is the host for any and everything (pertaining to non-offensive content Wink). It's THE best host that I have been to. EVER.
Loathing in Fear
Ohsakm wrote:
ups, sorry for my doble post, I don't know how I did that, but now I can't quit it (the second post) Embarassed

Yes, you can delete one of your posts, just press the "x" icon, next to the "quote" icon. Wink

---------------------------
Loathing Wink
Ohsakm
Loathing in Fear wrote:
Ohsakm wrote:

Yes, you can delete one of your posts, just press the "x" icon, next to the "quote" icon. Wink

---------------------------
Loathing Wink

I can't see de "x" icon, so I can't remove it.
Coolgeek
Same here, I cant delete my own posts, just edit but im not in the need to either.

EDIT:Lol this one I could delete if I wanted to Razz but not the earlier ones...
Loathing in Fear
Hmmm... yeah, i just noticed that Smile,
you can only delete your own post, if it is the last one in the whole row of posts Smile

BTW, i don't really care if you double post Smile

-----------------------------
Loathing Wink
n0obie4life
dan751 wrote:
Frihost is the host for any and everything (pertaining to non-offensive content Wink). It's THE best host that I have been to. EVER.

And is it the most boring forum Surprised.

YES, You can't delete your posts in this forum. Stop posting about it.
Holdemhorn
Is this site designed just to do a forum ar can I build any kind of website/homepage? I have no experience, but once I get my required posts i plan to get my hands dirty, because I believe I have some good ideas.
n0obie4life
Holdemhorn wrote:
Is this site designed just to do a forum ar can I build any kind of website/homepage? I have no experience, but once I get my required posts i plan to get my hands dirty, because I believe I have some good ideas.

Yes. You may create any type of webpage as long as it doesn't break the Terms of Service.

Please read it throughly.
Holdemhorn
I am going to get started designing my site right away, im sure I will be pestering you all with silly uestions relentlessly in no time at all. Thank you in advance,
Metaguy
Well, if you have troubles with html, get Dreamweaver. it might help. (Just a tip for beginers)
Holdemhorn
Is there a free version? If not what site is the least expensive to pick it up on?
n0obie4life
Holdemhorn wrote:
Is there a free version? If not what site is the least expensive to pick it up on?

http://www.macromedia.com/downloads/

Get the demo. Then use it. Then when it expires, you know what to do (don't mention it!).
marquis51
if you dont know what to do for dreamweaver other free htmls editors exist, I know at least this one:
nvu:http://www.nvu.com/download.html
crdowner
I am considering moving my domain to FriHost but I want to be sure FriHost is a good fit for me. Where are the FriHost servers located? I saw some posts from others talking about server2 being down quite a bit lately. Has this problem been resolved? Is this a regular problem?

Thanks!
Daniel15
crdowner wrote:
I Where are the FriHost servers located?

The FriHost servers are located in the Savvis Data centre in the USA. In my opinion, they're one of the best data centres. Heaps of web hosts use Savvis.
n0obie4life
daniel15 wrote:
crdowner wrote:
I Where are the FriHost servers located?

The FriHost servers are located in the Savvis Data centre in the USA. In my opinion, they're one of the best data centres. Heaps of web hosts use Savvis.

On a better note, there're located in Settale (or however you spell that), most probably.
Daniel15
According to a GeoIP lookup, server 1 is located at Snowshoe, West Virginia (USA). Server 2 is probably at the same place.