FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

End of the year awards?

jerski
How about an end of the year awards where ppl could vote for "Best Admin", "Best Mod", "Most Helpful Member", "Best Site" .. etc etc.
n0obie4life
Best Mod - tidruG
Best Admin - mOrpheuS (not BONDINGS, NEVER HIM!)

Okay fine, I'm not supposed to be voting. But heh, nice idea Wink.
madsencarl
I reckon that this would only work on a monthly or weekly basis (perhaps both?), because if we had it yearly it'd just way too confusing what will all the quality and helpful posts to choose from. Maybe there's a mod which enables a mod-enabled picture in your user-lookup (i.e., member of the week/member of the month)?
n0obie4life
Every 6 months seems feasable Wink.
tidruG
But honestly, I think it would be too hard to choose for "Member of the month", because there are too many members, and more members joining per day.
n0obie4life
tidruG wrote:
But honestly, I think it would be too hard to choose for "Member of the month", because there are too many members, and more members joining per day.

Best Non-Staff Member. It's not hard, every six months Smile. We can just make a PHP script where each user can only vote once and needs to have at least 10 posts and have joined for a month before voting.

But all users are eligible for being voted.

Still, there's no point on discussing this without prior approval from Bondings. Nothing is worth discussing without his "yes".
SunburnedCactus
Eligibility could be based on joining date/posts basis, so that those voting at least have a vague idea who is who around here. It's good fun, and awards like Most Helpful Member might encourage people to put more effort in for a chance to win... a mystery prize?
n0obie4life
SunburnedCactus wrote:
Eligibility could be based on joining date/posts basis, so that those voting at least have a vague idea who is who around here. It's good fun, and awards like Most Helpful Member might encourage people to put more effort in for a chance to win... a mystery prize?

The prize would probably be FRIH$, Package upgrade..but it might change in the future.
SunburnedCactus
To be honest, I'd just be happy with a little trophy to stick in my sig. Very Happy
Animal
I think that the best site awards would be a pretty cool idea. Moderators and Admins could choose their favourite user's sites and make a list of (say) 10 websites and let the rest of the users vote on their favourite. Could also include several categories like "Best Design" "Best Content" "Most Original" etc.

What do you think?
n0obie4life
Animal wrote:
I think that the best site awards would be a pretty cool idea. Moderators and Admins could choose their favourite user's sites and make a list of (say) 10 websites and let the rest of the users vote on their favourite. Could also include several categories like "Best Design" "Best Content" "Most Original" etc.

What do you think?

Erm, this one was on members of the forum. Most helpful staff and etc.

@ sunburn

The throphy idea is a nice one Wink. We might just implement it once Bondings has the time.
tidruG
SunburnedCactus wrote:
To be honest, I'd just be happy with a little trophy to stick in my sig. Very Happy

Heh heh heh... not a bad idea...

However, I still think it'll be pretty hard to implement. We already have 10666 (Shit, when did we hit 10k?!!) members... and almost 50% of them have the right to vote and to contest... we'll be lucky if a particular member will get more than 10 votes Razz
n0obie4life
tidruG wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

However, I still think it'll be pretty hard to implement. We already have 10666 (****, when did we hit 10k?!!) members... and almost 50% of them have the right to vote and to contest... we'll be lucky if a particular member will get more than 10 votes Razz

51% of the users haven't posted a single post the last time I checked. The amount of actiev members are more or less 25% only. 25 % of the total.

And as I was saying, you would have needed at least 10 > posts and a minimum joining time of 2weeks?
SgtGarcia
Inactive members might become active when they see they can earn something. So some kind of trophy would be good for the number of active users on the site.
SunburnedCactus
n0obie4life wrote:
tidruG wrote:
SunburnedCactus wrote:

However, I still think it'll be pretty hard to implement. We already have 10666 (****, when did we hit 10k?!!) members... and almost 50% of them have the right to vote and to contest... we'll be lucky if a particular member will get more than 10 votes Razz

51% of the users haven't posted a single post the last time I checked. The amount of actiev members are more or less 25% only. 25 % of the total.

And as I was saying, you would have needed at least 10 > posts and a minimum joining time of 2weeks?

I was thinking more in the region of 50+ posts and at least 1 month. Maybe that narrows it down too much?
n0obie4life
Probably 30 posts and 2 weeks of being here.

Oh comeon, if you are active, within 2 weeks you would have posted > 30 posts.

1 month is too much IMO.
SoftStag
Maybe it could be done on a nominations basis. Each user can nominate 1 person, not themselves or a staff member. The top 10 most nominated get put on a poll, all users can vote.
SunburnedCactus
SoftStag wrote:
Maybe it could be done on a nominations basis. Each user can nominate 1 person, not themselves or a staff member. The top 10 most nominated get put on a poll, all users can vote.

Well it may be done on a nominations basis but the eligability of the voters is important if there is to be a meaningful result.

...God, I've spent to long in that non-voting thread. Very Happy
n0obie4life
Okay. So what we've got is this now.

- Minimum amount of posts needed.
- Minimum amount of joining time needed.
- No voting for self
- 1 vote / person / category ( / means per )

Yeah of course, depending on per category, we've got different rules/restrictions.