FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What does your name mean??

jerski
hi there

i want all of you to tell me ((what does your name mean?? ))

i will start

Jesper= means in my language (( the Joker )) Laughing
now it's your turn ? Question
Trynityque
*adds random post*
I'm gina > means nobly born, or queen. it's a cross between eugenie and regina...apparently my name doesnt say who i am very well, according to friends...
Steb2424
Steven - English, 'crown' or 'wreath'
Steb - first 3 letters of my firstname and first letter of my surname Razz
taxman
Arne = Sharp eyes/sight (From Eagle)
Sappho
Sofia (Sophia) = Wisdom Wink
Srs2388
not to get off the subject, but how do you guys know this?
I want to know what my name means...
Sappho
Srs2388 wrote:

There are two sources that seems to know everything Google and God, and i am not so sure about the God Smile
Maxrpg
You can most find websites where you can get name information, some websites like to charge you, however >Sad

My name is Jonathan, which means Gift from God. BLESSED BE ! ! heh.
Srs2388
my name means crown on one site =/
go figure? lol
ummm and from a website that says something
this is actually somewhat acurate
Quote:
Your interests are focused on technical, mechanical, and scientific things, rather than interests of an artistic, musical, or social nature.
[/quote]
jawker
I don't usually give out my name in forums but I'd rather share the meaning. I have two names. The first means someone "great" or "powerful" or "bold". My second name means "a protector". putting my names together would a "great or bold protector". Quite cool. I always love my name because my father has such a creative mind. I also saw my name in the internet. It was a German general and his fulname equals to my two names. hehehe. Godbless!!
Yuka
My real name is Rachel. I've heard a few different meanings for it, but I think the most common ones are 'rainbow' and 'sacrificial lamb'. Confused

Oh, and I'm kind of new here. Smile I'll just... hide now... *runs*
vinx_18
I am Kristoffer...meaning Christ... Laughing
blackheart
blackheart(s)

an "organisation" (if you will) that I run

Blackheart Legion Against Conformity, Killing, Hurt, Ego, Ailment, Rape and Tyrrany (in Society).

...also the name of a band.
blackheart
lol - oh... you mean real name

Jessica - Hebrew - meaning "God's grace"
Soulfire
Joshua is Hebrew from Yeoshua (I believe) meaning "God is my salvation." Nothing could be more truthful, and that name suits me well.

My forum name, Soulfire, has some significance as well. It's basically my fire inside my soul, my determination to do everything and do it right. That suits me well too.
taxman
Sappho wrote:
Srs2388 wrote:

There are two sources that seems to know everything Google and God, and i am not so sure about the God Smile

You forgot the 3. source - the coffee cups they sell with names (at least here in Norway. Don't belive it to be a local phenomonen. Then the coffe mug producer have digged around (I know it's true, because the name on the cup was right for me, and my GF)
madsencarl
Carl - I really have no idea. Porbably means "worthless" or something. Actually, I think it's a Danish name (I'm kinda half Danish) but I have absolutely NO idea what it means.
Somebody should post a link to a site that has all name meanings - that would be cool.
MalvagioAddict
the name is ronald, and I remember that my mother showed me or at least told me what my name meant. something along the line, i think if i recall it correctly, someone worthy of admiration or the other. which i think is definitely not true, since anyone who knows me would probably prefer it if they didn't.

I'm much closer to an Ronan where name goes, it is an irish derivation of the name ronald, and i think it means though not adamant, it means the cursed one, that meaning totally fits me to a tee.
srdjan
my name (which is, oh so originally, my nickname) means guardian, or protector...someone here also wrote the same, so i'm wondering what this person's name really is. the root is latin, comes from the name sergius, or sergios, and has variations in different languages..So, in Serbian it's Srdjan, in Russian it's Sergej, etc...
it isn't very common around here, so I kinda like it...although I've always wanted a different name when I was a kid... Mad
But I wish that somebody posts a link to websites with this kinda stuff, too, so I can double check, cuz it really pains me to look it up in google myself.. Wink
cheerz!
S.
saiyeek
Saiyeek ===== Me. I don't want to share my name with anything. My name means ME noone, nothing else. Really!
Bookface
Srs2388 wrote:

My favorite site for "name definitions" is rhymezone.com because it gives both the meaning and the popularity ranking in the US of your name for common names:

http://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=Daniel&typeofrhyme=def&org1=syl&org2=l

Although you can learn a lot more about the history and variations on your name from a baby naming book/website.

My last girlfriend's names (first, middle, and family) when properly arranged were "tired little bee." Plus her initials were, as are mine, DK (i.e. pronnounced: decay), and her name could be shortened to Dev -- which if you are a linux geek gives you all sorts of great phrases like, /dev/breasts, /dev/interest.

(In *nix filesystems, /dev/ is short for device and is where all the the files that access devices connected to your system can be found, like /dev/cdrom or /dev/usb0).

I really liked all the fun things I could do with her name. Now she's raised the standards for girls in the future: not only must they be good in character, they also have to have cool names.
shwetanshu
My name is quite unique here in India, nobody gets it right the first time.
Anywayz my name means moon
but i m dark colored.... lol
taxman
madsencarl wrote:
Carl - I really have no idea. Porbably means "worthless" or something. Actually, I think it's a Danish name (I'm kinda half Danish) but I have absolutely NO idea what it means.
Somebody should post a link to a site that has all name meanings - that would be cool.

Carl
Betydning: Fri mann
Forklaring: Guttenavnet er en tysk variant av Karl, som er et norrønt navn som betyr "fri mann".

Samme uttale: Karl
Samme betydning: Caroline, Charlotte, Karoline, Lotte

I'll Translate (since you don't speak nordic language).
Carl meens "Free man" - it's a german variation of Karl, which is Old Norse for the word "free man"

If someone else have a nordic name, just ask - and I'll provide Smile
hofer
I´ve already seen two translations, Warrior and Hero. My name is Dinarte, and in the book I´ve saw it says that it comes from an ancient germanic dialect.
Ressurrector
Resurrect is a name used often in horrorcore music and it fits my real name for those who know. I just like the ring of it.
jaysen
well mines pretty basic Laughing it means "savior"

when i was born, my parents got into an arguement... my mother wanted my name to be Jasen, as she liked the sound of it, and my father wanted William, after himself.

Guess who won that arguement?

(my dad however, got second place as my middle name is william )
I added the "y" myself, as its a little less common that way, and i can get my username more often... my yahoo and msn names are jaysen_07 (07 for my birthday) compared to soemthing like jasen_356007439928735 or something else equally hideous that i would have ended up with
bluedragon
John... God's gift to mankind! Er something like that. Smile

BlueDragon... blue is my favorite color and dragons are wise.

ableground... anagram of bluedragon.
NG
some one tell me myne my name is dean
Vrythramax
My real name is Wayne from the old English word "Wainright" meaning Wheel Maker"....nothing biblical there Sad

However my middle name is Gabriel...meaning "Sword of God"....so I guess that makes me a wheel making, sword bearing servant of God.

Whatta stretch that was Very Happy
Tasukii
Camille> Young man in latin. It was a man name, but im a girl.
bazranz
Apparently my real name, Barry means spear.
Another meaning which doesn't match. I am neither built like, nor could be thrown like a spear. Cannonball may be more suitable. Laughing
Dark_Jedi06
...because Star Wars is just that awesome.

Laughing
orc_lord
yes, i know.
my name is naci. it means have entrance to heaven.
vinodmishra
My name Vinod means Fun, Amusement,Humour Smile
riteofcake
my name's brianna, which is irish and means "strong, loyal, etc"
but i go by brie, which is that... um french cheese everyone likes. haha i love learning the meaning of names -- it shows so much of the culture of each society i think... Wink
strfry
strfry: function for randomizing null terminated character sequences in the C programming language; confused friend of memfrob and rot13. ;^)

For me: strfry: Just a Little Mixed Up
webbone
Shark king means king of shark,I like shark Laughing Laughing Laughing
visualconcepts
jerski wrote:
hi there

i want all of you to tell me ((what does your name mean?? ))

i will start

Jesper= means in my language (( the Joker )) Laughing
now it's your turn ? Question

Asim origin Arabic, means Guardian. Very Happy . Carry on Guys.
Jinx
My name, Michelle, is the feminization of a Hebrew name (Michael) that means "who is like God", and if you put all three of my names together you get "Who is like the Goddess Who Shapes the Morning"

My forum name comes from the fact that I was born on the 13th of the month, and if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.
anakin_skyrunner
Alexander:
behindthename.com wrote:
Latinized form of the Greek name Αλεξανδρος (Alexandros), which meant "defending men" from Greek αλεξω (alexo) "to defend, help" and ανηρ (aner) "man" (genitive ανδρος). In Greek mythology this was another name of the hero Paris, and it also belongs to several characters in the New Testament. However, the most famous bearer was Alexander the Great, King of Macedon. In the 4th century BC he built a huge empire out of Greece, Egypt, Persia, and parts of India. Due to his fame, and later medieval tales involving him, use of his name spread throughout Europe.

http://www.behindthename.com/ is a great site for looking up meanings of name Smile
Josso
Joss = chinese god apparently
k_s_baskar
Baskaran = Sun
Smile
speeDemon
My name's Aditya meaning - The Sun
paskifire
Rogelio = ?? I don't know but for me it's Raging Hormones!
spring567
Mine means nothing!
tony
My name is Tony. That's short for Anthony which is an Italian name meaning priceless.
driftingfe3s
I had to do an essay on names and my name's origin years back in high school. My name is Nathan. It comes from the name Nathaniel. Nathaniel is Hebrew, meaning "gift from God".
Ghost900
My name is Philip and that means "Lover of Horses" a quite fitting name actually.
jigoku05
ROVI = Radical, Odd, Volatile, Insane