FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The secrets of FireFox

jerski
Ok, i'm going to explain all the about:* mambo-jumbo...
We all know about about:blank, right?
This displays a blamk window...But there is MUCH more.

*NOTE:These work ONLY in FF, in IE it'ss just print out the wrods you type after the about: on the screen*

about:mozilla-
Explains why the names "FireFox and ThunderBird were chosen for mozilla's products.
"And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced.
But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird.
The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire
and thunder upon them. For the beast had been
reborn with its strength renewed, and the
followers of Mammon cowered in horror.

from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15"

about:credits-
Obviously, lists the credits of the creators or any other contibuter of mozilla.

about:license-
The license under which mozilla and netscape operate.

about:neterror-
Says that the nrwser can't open the file.

Well, maybe "a lot more" is an overstatement...A HUGE overstatement, but i still felt like those links are cool enough to be published somewhere.
Jayfarer
I never knew that, I love easter eggs. I just looked it up and there is no book of Mozilla though, so they didn't get their names from there.
Steb2424
yeah, i didnt have a clue that they existed and never really bothered to find anymore lol
themeterman
firefox is by far the best browser out there. I hope microsoft get the message and when they produce the next version of IE it is just as good!
Blaster
I think that just made me more stupid. I didn't get a word of that. Brick wall
narc
What about about:config and about:cache ?
narc
And while we are on the subject...

does anybody know of any other about: commands?
Vrythramax
All of those about: commands have been in every version of Netscape, Mozilla and firefox since the days of Netscape Navigator 1.2. The team that built Firefox and Mozilla are the same people who made Netscape, then AOL bought out Netscape Communications and dropped thier web browser program and fired the entire design team.

Another tip....the internal name of Netscape is still "Mozilla".
Nibbler26
Hm.. So If This Quote Doesnt Exist? Did You Make It Up.. Because When You Said 7:15 It Looked Like Your Reading From The Bible.. Lol.. Also Alot Of Hackers Use Firefox Since From My Knowledge It Stores Session IDS .. (SID) .. I Dont Hack At All .. Only Games ... Lolz... Hackers Piss Me Off Like The Hackers That Hack Peoples Computers.. Ddos Attack Websites.. Pisses Me Off.. I Tried Once To Use Telnet For Like Test Hack.. Told My Friend To Lend Me His IP Lolz.. I Was Gonna Try To JUST Connect To His Comp.. But Since Its Illegal And Also The Host Can Cancel You Account I Think .. Or Is It Fine You.. I Dont Remember.. But I Think They Disconnected Me.. Since I Coudlnt Connect.. I Had To Reset My Router.. Well I Just Stopped.. Also My Father Got Pissed Off At Me Lolz... Since The Connection Went Down.. And I Hate When He Says Oh Your Gonna Be A Hacker? Then Your Gonna Go To Jail.. Im Like WTF.. I Hack Games.. Not Peoples Websites.. Am I Harming Anyone Hacking Games? Am I Keylogging Peoples Accounts In Games? No.. I Only GAME Hack For Myself.. Simple As If I Had 2 Life But I Wanted 20 .. Im Not Harming The Guy Walking Past Me...
madsencarl
Nibbler26 wrote:
Hm.. So If This Quote Doesnt Exist? Did You Make It Up.. Because When You Said 7:15 It Looked Like Your Reading From The Bible.. Lol.. Also Alot Of Hackers Use Firefox Since From My Knowledge It Stores Session IDS .. (SID) .. I Dont Hack At All .. Only Games ... Lolz... Hackers Piss Me Off Like The Hackers That Hack Peoples Computers.. Ddos Attack Websites.. Pisses Me Off.. I Tried Once To Use Telnet For Like Test Hack.. Told My Friend To Lend Me His IP Lolz.. I Was Gonna Try To JUST Connect To His Comp.. But Since Its Illegal And Also The Host Can Cancel You Account I Think .. Or Is It Fine You.. I Dont Remember.. But I Think They Disconnected Me.. Since I Coudlnt Connect.. I Had To Reset My Router.. Well I Just Stopped.. Also My Father Got Pissed Off At Me Lolz... Since The Connection Went Down.. And I Hate When He Says Oh Your Gonna Be A Hacker? Then Your Gonna Go To Jail.. Im Like WTF.. I Hack Games.. Not Peoples Websites.. Am I Harming Anyone Hacking Games? Am I Keylogging Peoples Accounts In Games? No.. I Only GAME Hack For Myself.. Simple As If I Had 2 Life But I Wanted 20 .. Im Not Harming The Guy Walking Past Me...

What the HELL is with every word starting with caps?
eday2010
I dumped Firefox like a cheap hooker. I use Netscape 8. It kicks ass!
bliushift
that is extremely interesting, albeit it is rather a childish wordplay for little firefox fanboys who wet themselves every time there is a new release. the actual application is amazing - the extensive array of plugins and huge community support make this the browser; however, in my opinion, these easter eggs are ridiculous.
Ressurrector
I didn't like that browser
bluedragon
Firefox is the best browser out there. It's simple, functional, solid, and it has a strong community supporting it, backing it up and developing for it. I love these kind of projects that bring together communities. Like WordPress.

AOL's Netscape is something I wouldn't trust for a second. Sure, it flaunts that you'll "feel" safe using it. But everytime I've installed an AOL program on my computer, it came with a bunch of crap and made my computer go haywire. No thanks.

Firefox is genuine.
thiamshui
Wow.. i didn't noe tht.. Well for photoshop, hold the CTRL key and click "About Photoshop" in the help menu.. There, u will see the codename and maybe a funny picture.. Very Happy
SgtGarcia
I really like this kind of easter eggs, never knew they were there. Just under my fingertips Razz .
windval
thanks for your sharing

it will help a lot of firefox user
photon
wow!! interesting share! never knew about the book of mozilla before! Wink
stiffler
Thats pretty cool stuff. I already knew about the about:config, but not the others.
gothicgeek
I really want to use Mozilla Firefox but it conflicts with internet explorer, can someone tell me how to get both to coexist?
LandShark
what do you mean in conflicts with it? i use firefox on my computer, but still have IE on it. . .they dont bother each other(best way i could think to say something about programs no interferring with each other =) )
gothicgeek
LandShark wrote:
what do you mean in conflicts with it? i use firefox on my computer, but still have IE on it. . .they dont bother each other(best way i could think to say something about programs no interferring with each other =) )

Well, my browing on both was incredibly sluggish then I uninstalled Mozilla and it worked fine.
Pikokola
I think Mozill ais the best, even the mocrosoft team put some joke for it

try to write down =rand(200,99) (or.... ah I forgot,) in the Microsoft word, and it will show much words that continues tell "The red fox jump over the lazy dog" (or something similiar with that, just think that Red fox is the fire fox and the lazy dog is IE XD - no flame)
orc_lord
hmm, they're interesting.
pawelsz
Nice info about firefox Smile
I heard about =rand(200,99) some time ago, but in Polish version of M$ Word it displays another text ("Pchnąć w tę łódź jeża lub ośm skrzyń fig").
adwya
its good Laughing
jerski
just searching in the internet and i found something interesting that i would

like to share to others... Very Happy

thx for the appreciation guyz ! Very Happy
nilsmo
The best screen is about:config Wink

Try fooling around with settings. It is possible to get your browser to work a lot faster... Example:
Find these:
1.) network.http.pipelining
2.) network.http.pipelining.maxrequests
3.) network.http.proxy.pipelining
Set #1 and #3 to "true". Set #2 to a high number, like 32.
The pages will load faster!