FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to convert Xvid to VCD ?

kjuvale
Hi friends
I have got a video in Xvid format. I want convert it into mpeg or directly write on vcd(which is easier?). Which is the best tool for that? I searched google but did not find any good one.
Will the quality of video decreased due to convertion?
Trynityque
im not an expert...but personally, i'd just go find a program that burns Xvid directly onto a VCD (that is what u want right? convert it to .mpg so you can burn it?) nero doesnt let you, so dont try that. there are plenty of free trials on the web, so good luck.
kjuvale
ok i will try to search such programm and thnk you very much for your advice.
mOrpheuS
Trynityque wrote:
convert it to .mpg so you can burn it?) nero doesnt let you, so dont try that.

Why not ? Confused
With proper plugins, Nero can handle that (and I think all the plugins required for this come installed by default)
I use Nero all the time for creating VCD's from my MPEG4 endoded movies.
Infact it's as simple as drag and drop ... Nero will re-encode the movie in MPEG format before burning.

p.s. - The re-encode process is rather resource hungry, and can take several hours.
It can be especially excruciating on slower CPUs. Wink
savabg
just use nero : ) but a vcd .. select the file you want to burn and u are good to go!
elcyron
kjuvale wrote:
Hi friends
I have got a video in Xvid format. I want convert it into mpeg or directly write on vcd(which is easier?). Which is the best tool for that? I searched google but did not find any good one.

TMPenc is one of the best programs for converting. it doesnt burn the cd but brings a lot of option for the conversionprocess
eday2010
Before converting the entire XviD file with TMPenc, do a small sample first. This is to make sure the aspect ratio is the same, and that the sound stays in sync. I have found that converting to MPEG to DivX/Xvid and vice versa can be a bit tricky because the picture and sound become out of sync a lot of times if you don't manually change the framerate. A pain in the butt type of thing Smile
Nibbler26
Yeah Nero Works .. Also You Can Try Alcohol 120% .. And I Think You Would Wanna Get Picture Package.. That Program Is For The Camcorders Of Sony.. But The Burning Program They Got Is Really Good For Burning VCD's So You Can Burn VCD's.. And Even Convert Them Using Another Program.