FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Alerting

Panthrowzay
Alerting
Is there a automatic alerting system for sever crashes because alot of pointless post are appearing on the subject so, im just curious about it. If there is a automatic alerting system it would help, like a trip alarm. Or is this just a stupid idea?

Im curious as to WHY the severs are crashing, not just when. Im in class right now and i just saw six of my members have a hissy fit over the crash. A email alert system would help and id like to sign-up for it. If this is the wrong formum for this i am sorry.
Metaguy
The servers crash for many reasons (hackers, errors etc) and to make an email notification would be nice, but only for those who want it.
Loathing in Fear
Ya, maybe bondings or somebody could code something like that, and just put a checkbox in the profile saying: "If you want to get a notice, if your server is down, check this box. If you don't want to get a notice, leave it un-checked."

And then, if one of the servers is down, bondings could just send a mass-email, to the group who checked the box Smile

EDIT: We should post this as a suggestion!!! Very Happy

---------------------
Loathing Wink
saiyeek
There is website monitoring tools in the internet. Try
http://www.siteuptime.com/
it has alerting system if your server gets down.
xorcist
saiyeek wrote:
There is website monitoring tools in the internet. Try
http://www.siteuptime.com/
it has alerting system if your server gets down.

You can do that or you can just check the Announcments to see when there is downtime or anything like that.