You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Work out help

I've noticed a trend in threads about strength, contitioning, stretches, ect... here's my best shot to help everyone out.

-- Of course, stretch both sides....
Stretch WARM. Stretching cold will tear muscles, not stretch them.
Stretch Long. don't bounce, that pulls/ tears muscles also.

Wall Stretch- place right arm on a wall courner about shoulder height. turn body away from the wall to the left (counter clock wise).
Abs Stretch- from standing, put your hands on your waist, slowly lean backward by pushing your hibs forward and slightly arching your back.

Thigh/ quads- sit on your knees and heels. lean backward so you can touch the floor behind you. push your hips upward. lean as if you're trying to touch your head to the floor.

Toe Touchers. lock your knees and try to touch your toes....

Gastrocnemius- stand about four feet away from a wall or other sturdy object. with most of your weihgt on one leg, keep that leg straight and lean into the wall. (CALF STRETCH)

Bridge- lay down on your back with your knees bent. put your hands above your shoulders, fingertips closest to your shoulders. straighten out arms and legs. if you manage to form a bridge, bring your hands as close to your feet as possible.

Physical Conditioning

first off, i can not spell. so try and bear with me.

you may know these, but perhaps read them because these are the correct form.

KEEPING THE CORRECT FORM IS KEY- for anything. lifting, working out, stretching. if you do them correctly it will be much more beneficial

Pushups work your pecktorals more than anything else

pushups- with hands at shoulder width, place your palms on the ground, keeping your feet togerher and your back straight, push your body up until your arms are straight. touch chest to ground each repitition.

extendor muscles
pushups WIDE- with hands wider than shoulder width, place your palms on the ground keeping your back straight. push your body up until your arms are straight. touch chest to ground each reptition.

Tricep pushups (diamond) with hands touching, formin a triangle with your inder fingers and thumbs meeting, place palms on the ground. SPREADING legs and keeping your back straight, push your body up until your arms are streaight. tocuh your chest to your hands each repitition. (for the 'hardcore' put your nose in the diamond)

place one hand on the floor
spread your legs
do a pushup

Divebombers. get into the pushup position. but bend at the waist and stick your buttockxs as high in the air as possible. keeping your butt elevated, okace your chest to the ground between your hands. striaghten your arms, and push your chest out/ forward as your butt comes down. repeat, these may seem dumb or pointless, it will be apparent as you go on your 30th.

**these are good for PLANCHES
new view for these***\/
get in pushup position. but move your hands a little closer to your feet. picture theres a bar 1 foot above your hands. you must do a pushup under this bar and fully extend your arms. the way to do this would be pushing forward and so when you finish your hands are around your abdomin.

sit ups should be done in the motion of bringing your sternum (the middle of your ribcage) to your belly button.

dont have anything hold your feet down, that works your legs not your abs.

regular situps- lay on your back with your arms crossed over your chest (NOT BEHIND YOUR NECK/HEAD THIS IS DANGEROUS) your knees should form right angles or greater for all abdominal excercizes. raise your upper body off the floor as if you were trying to touch your ribcage to your butt.

half situp- straighten your legs so they are slightly bent. lift your entire back off the ground before bringing your sternum down to your belly button.

crunches- situps with your legs raised and bent at 90º
i cant stress enough.

Crunches reverse- lay on the ground with your head resting. raise your legs as if you were doing a crunch, and bring your knees to your head, knees still at 90º.

ATOMIC SITUPS- my personal favorite.....---lay on your back. lift your feet 6 inches off the floor and pull your knees toward your chest while simultaneously lifting your upper body and doing a situp/curl. your legs shouldent touch the floor until you're finished with the set of situps.

Flutter kicks- place your hands under your buttocks. lift your legs 6 inches off the ground and being "walking". raise each leg about 3 feet off the gound. keep your legs off the ground and constantly moving.

BACK WORKOUT, The muscles recruited are the latissimus dorsi (or “lats” for short), posterior deltoids (back part of the shoulders), biceps (front part of the upper arm) as well as small muscles of the forearms and hands.

hands shoulder width apart grab the bar and pull yourself up so your chin is over the bar. on your way down, your arm should totally extend. its not complete if you keep your elbow bent.

- palms facing away or towards your face
- hands shoulder width apart
- hands closer than shoulder width apart

have two paralell bars. , put your hands on the bars left on the left bar, dont try to cross your hands or anything.... do not lock your elbows. slowly lower your arms and make a 90º angle and the elbow joing. going lower than 90º will damage your shoulder joints. 30 of these is excellent

if you have any questions PM me

if you cannot do one of the exercises, like you dont have the strength to do a pull up, do a gravity pull up, stand on a chair and get into the 'up' part of the pull up, then slowly lower youself down. this is a slower way to build the basic thing you need, once you can do 3, dont do gravity ones any more, do the real deal. this works for lifting weights, and other excersizes also.

--FYI about weightlifting. repitition builds muscle tone, maxing out builds bigger/stronger muscles.
you'r muscles will not get as large as fast if you sit at a bench press with 50 pounds and lift it 1000 times. your muscles will be larger is you life 1000 pounds 50 times. (this is exaguration) ((i cant spell!)

if you feel a burn the day after that is good. that means you've worked your muscles well. this also means that you should not do the same strenuous work out the the next day.
building muscles is done by working then resting. not working and then working. that will cause your muscles to loose energy and make you weak, but not strong
Also for the abs, consider the bicycle crunch. The bicycle targets the rectus abdominals and the obliques. Also, the rectus abdominals can be worked out with the basic crunch, the vertical crunch, the reverse crunch, and the full vertical crunch, and when very fit the individual parts of the muscle become visible; many refer to this visible separation as a six pack. By exercising the internal and external obliques the stomach can be flattened while the waist line can be reduced. The long arm crunch, in which arms are straighten behind you, adds a longer level to the move and emphasizes the upper part of the abs. The plank exercise not only strengthens the abs but also the back and stabilizes the muscles
I like circuit training. There are so many clever and useful exercises you can do, but it is a really good CV workout and you can decide whether to build muscle (heavy weights) or just get mor elean (light weight, heavy reps).
Nice dude really helpful:)
some time i use up - down style of training, and for my needs thats work good... cause of my job i dont have much time to spend in gym, and i can not do some more advanced training
you can find a lot of text's about this online, just google it friend
i have just start with work out again after summer pause))
me too... but im not sure if i can loose fat and build some muscles at the same time
i am starting to go in gym tomorrow... i had a pause for about a month, for a next few months i will do cardio mostly...
Is this monologue? Rolling Eyes