FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows Media Centre 2005

jarred89
Hello, I have just brought Widnows Media Centre 2005 and I now have Windows XP Professional i was wondering if i installed it will it loose all my files and everything or can you just upgrade it to Windows Media Centre 2005 and all the files will stay there. Thanks
KHO
You should just be able to upgrade as with prior versios of Windows Neutral. Make sure you DO NOT delete the partion Neutral this is the same thing as a re-format Neutral
abhinav_shah
You can upgrade it without any trouble.

http://www.abhinav.frih.net
otiscom
Backup your files first!

Just in case.
k_s_baskar
it depends which pack u bought. If u purchase a UPGRADATION pack (Which will be cheap comparing to full version, you can upgard to media centre from current xp. Follow the below steps to findout wheather u can upgrade from xp or not

1. switchon your system and login to your xp account
2. insert the Media centre 2005 CD
3. If Autoplay is on it will begin installation automatically (otherwise u can manually begin setup file from the CD drive)
4. if u can able to proceed without getting error msg. something like "You have already having OS" then u can upgrade easly.

Note: Please note eventhough u bought upgradation pack media centre will give u option for FRESH INSTALLATTION which will erase u'r existing files so select "UPGRADE"