FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Avril Lavinge

skynet
Does anyone here like Avril Lvinge??

Well, I do... I like her songs and her stile.. some of more my favorite songs are - My happy ending, Falling down and Nobody's Home...
madsencarl
No, I don't think anybody here likes Avril Lavigne - you're one of a kind, buddy. She thinks she's so hard, substituting letters for numbers. Sk8r Boi? What a joke...
blackheart
Songs? Style?

Try-hard immitation wannabe punk who can't sing for shit so she has her voice digitally remastered on every cd.

And just in case you're illusioned - she isn't punk... I'd class her more pop... trying to dress punk but failing abysmally.

And there was a post on this not long ago as well...

Nobody likes Avril.

Sorry to be so harsh - but I dislike that girl with a passion.
skynet
Well.. I don't know what about her personality... But I like her songs...
I like her style.. and what her songs about..
blackheart
Lol - we'll have to beg to differ about one thing then.

I can't listen to a song - no matter how good it sounds on it's own - if I know it's just a fake.

Punk music is supposed to be about respect, both for yourself and your fans, and your music. In other words - never sell out.
Twikki
I seriously hate Avril Lavigne, She is a poser, all people who write pop/punk shouldn't deserve to live
skynet
Well.. I donno what you all havew against her...
she sound's me pretty good...
but never mind.. everyone with his favor music...
Twikki
skynet wrote:
Well.. I donno what you all havew against her...
she sound's me pretty good...
but never mind.. everyone with his favor music...

Twikki Hates posers...
Jeslyn
She was originally supposed to be marketed as a country singer, but then I guess her manager, or someone figured that the "punk" market was more "in" and she basically over-did it.
skynet
Man.. she less punk.. she more Rock..
her style is more rock.. than punk..
blackheart
skynet wrote:
Man.. she less punk.. she more Rock..
her style is more rock.. than punk..

rock, lol. get real. the way she dresses doen't change the sound of her music.
skynet
Man.. you hate your personality.. but i am talking about her style of songs.. i don't care of she's personality... i care more about what i am hear..
Marston
OMFGZ AVRIL LAVIGNE WAS SO TOTALLY LAST YEAR OMG GET WITH THE TIMES NOOB! THE NEW HIP AND TRENDY HXC PUNK GROUP IS TOTALLY GREENDAY LAWL. Rolling Eyes
CamiBor
I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she's great singer!!! my favorite song from her songs is "Nobady's home"
xBONiTAx
she's good.. i love her s0ngs..
Ofinet
I agree with the poseur thing. I agree with the fake thing. I saw her live dvd...because there was nothing else on. She sucks live. She grew up in a christian community...in Canada...so her songs about hard knock life are severely fabricated. And plus she doesn't hate her dad...so evidently she sucks at punk Smile
arch23
she also wrote few songs, and with success. She has talent no doubt.
Caesar_
she is good... i like her a lot... every album has something new... and all she sings happens in every person life... and i guess all people would like to listen to what is happening to they're lifes in songs... she is a great artist...
bigdan
I don't mind Avril. I haven't got her second album yet...maybe I'll get it on the cheap Wink

Has anyone seen her shots in a Maxim shoot she did last year? Wink
skynet
Oh Now all her fans went out Very Happy

no, seriously.. she is a great songer... and have great songs !!
Wd_removed
Shes a terrible singer.. Awful songs.. And the whole 'sk8er boi' thing.
Jeslyn
arch23 wrote:

Justin Timberlake and Ashanti also claimed to write songs, and theirs sucked too. Just because you can rhyme doesn't mean you have talent. I've read her lyrics, I'm not a personal fan of them - but maybe someone else is.
Sonox
She looks really clumsy and idiotic if u ask me! LoL I dont think you all do but I do!
rafaellaguardia
I don´t like her style. She is just to boring. Every time the
same kind of music, without any message at all. I know
that she focus on teenager public, but she really could
make it better. Cool
dpkteam
Nice team and nice music =)
bradouss
Surprised i don t think so she has a styl but i like the most of her songs and i think shi is beautiful girl she is sexy but she dont want to show that at the public because there are a lot of singers girls more beautifaul than her. you know ... i think all of singr s girls who played the guitar have the same look and we can say (style) Wink
XxGunner
i like some of avril lavigne songs...shes pretty descent though lol....he was ask8er boi she told him cya later boi he wasnt good enuf for her..he was a superstar living on his guitar...lmao Cool
blackheart
XxGunner wrote:
i like some of avril lavigne songs...shes pretty descent though lol....he was ask8er boi she told him cya later boi he wasnt good enuf for her..he was a superstar living on his guitar...lmao Cool

Of her whole repertoire of phony shiit - you pick that one... the absolute most marketed and mass-produced of the lot
frozenhead
Haha!. Uhm.. I listen to her music once in a while and find it ok.

It seems a lot of people doesn't really like her (I don't mean I'm a fan of her either).
PureSimpleNatural
I find her voice easy to listen to, I find her videos pleasant to watch, and I do find content in her lyrics that I can't seem to find in more popular pop songs.

I'm too old for genres...

I like what I like, when I like it.

And perhaps being a fellow Canadian has a hand in it as well Very Happy
skynet
Well I glad that there are more people that like her and not only me...
She trully has pretty songs.. and song's about the truth.. even that she doesn't fill like this.. I like it..
valkyrie-heavens
I like Avril. Every year where I live we have a fall fair. Theres a person who owns a vender there who lived next door to Avril and here kids grew up with her. Every year I go there shes always like "I still cant believe how much u look like Avril". The first time I met her she actaully thought I was her because of my hair.

And she marrying Derik Witby from Sum 41... YEAH!!!!
Derik is freakin awesome!
Ofinet
I just heard on the radio on music news. Avril Lavigne says she's grown up and has decided and realised that she loves Fashion. She dyed her hair dumb blonde, put on a skimpy outfit, and made friends with the Hiltons. She says, she realises that her expression in her clothes in the past is no longer working for her and right now, all she's ever excited about is what she's gonna wear to Red Carpet showings. More Pink, no black. Your punk princess is gone. If she can shake off her punk image that easy, one can only imagine the same ease it took her to put the IMAGE on.

She's not a sell out. Sell out means you used to be dedicated to what you do and then because of the fame and money, changed your belief system in order to make more money and gain more fame. She never was a sell out. She started like this. This new move is just one more step up to Britney. Oh dear God Britney.

Argh I say. ARGH.
ainieas
Anyone else like her, hate her, I don't care, only thing I love about her are her eyes! Boo hoo! <-Melodramatic fool!
machine
i'd like to sleep with Avril... does that count? Wink

Dean The Machine
Hippie
Both her songs and her style bother me. Not to mention she seems like she would be the most depressing person to know.....
Travelmom
She is part of the new trend: try to look as you are punk or hardcore (thank god for the up-to-date stylist!) while your music is under average popmusic.
)
falsealarm
I hope she dies...to the max
Twikki
falsealarm wrote:

Don't we all?

She gives a bad name to Rock music and should eb incinerated as punishment Twisted Evil
miau
I just like her songs.
Apocalypse
Yeah I like it two

But i heared that She changed style but i' not sure

I hope She stays at some rock style cause She's very good at this style
machine
Twikki wrote:
falsealarm wrote:

Don't we all?

She gives a bad name to Rock music and should eb(sp? DUDE!) incinerated as punishment Twisted Evil

as long as I can have her body after she'd dead... it's to make soup... not for sex...

christ, you people have sick minds
bencang_muahoa2002
I like her but but no like brytney spear !
She stall and sexy
mokhi
i like her..her voice is really nice and she has beautiful video clips..my favourite songs for her are :happy ending..fall to pieces..tell me..and i'm with you...ok thanks..
Konfunderad
arch23 wrote:

Yeah, maybe she writes her own songs, but when you can't sing them live, what's the point?

And, I have seen her live, and couldn't stand it so I left after a couple of songs.
blackheart
Konfunderad wrote:
arch23 wrote:

Yeah, maybe she writes her own songs, but when you can't sing them live, what's the point?

And, I have seen her live, and couldn't stand it so I left after a couple of songs.

I half thought about maybe seeing her live when she was "fresh" on hthe touring - but I watched five minutes of her live on MTV and realised how shit her voice is/was in reality.

She's fake, she's scene, she's not a real punk, and her music is nothing even romotely like punk. I cringe at ecen calling it any sub-genre of rock.

Embarassed
supjapscrapper
blackheart wrote:
Songs? Style?

Try-hard immitation wannabe punk who can't sing for **** so she has her voice digitally remastered on every cd.

And just in case you're illusioned - she isn't punk... I'd class her more pop... trying to dress punk but failing abysmally.

And there was a post on this not long ago as well...

Nobody likes Avril.

Sorry to be so harsh - but I dislike that girl with a passion.

I do definitely think she's a poser, and totally convinced she's a marketing product and not much more, and I do completely agree that Punk Rock is way way out of reach of what she's doing ...
But there is one thing and I've got to be honest, more than once her songs touched me and sometimes made me dream, sometimes happy, sometimes sad. All right not a big deal. so what?
There so many other pseudo-artists like her on the circuit. And they'l be many more. And they'll be selling records, and making lots and lots of money! That's it. But still we're lucky we don't have to buy hers, and if people find it good and are happy with it, just let them apreciate, and we'll aprreciate something else.
supjapscrapper
bencang_muahoa2002 wrote:
I like her but but no like brytney spear !
She stall and sexy

What the hell is britney spears doing on a subject like this. If Avril is fake, than Britney is a million-dollar making slu****t.
I'mm sorry for my language.
Moore
Just allow me to say: I LOVE AVRIL LAVIGNE!
supjapscrapper
Moore wrote:
Just allow me to say: I LOVE AVRIL LAVIGNE!

Well you just have the right to say that loud and clear Very Happy