FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Changing mail inbox?

satheesh
Hi,

I have got my Webspace from Frihost two months back. I have put up the website for my Alumni Association. Now at this juncture I have come across the problem of setting up email for my website users. I have created the accounts which I presume would enable my users to send and receive emails.

Now the questions that I would like to pose are :

1) Can I set up email accounts for the users of my website.
2) How do I set the page for logon (UebiMiau mail) for the users from my website.
3) Can they logon to their accounts to which they receive their mail.
4) If I want to change the look and feel of my mail inbox, then how do I do it.
5) What is the size up to which the total of inbox be summed to.

Please help me out urgently..

Thanks in advance....
Satheesh
n0obie4life
satheesh wrote:
1) Can I set up email accounts for the users of my website.
2) How do I set the page for logon (UebiMiau mail) for the users from my website.
3) Can they logon to their accounts to which they receive their mail.
4) If I want to change the look and feel of my mail inbox, then how do I do it.
5) What is the size up to which the total of inbox be summed to.

1. Create it through Directadmin or cPanel (depending on which you are using)
2. You'll have to wait for someone good in that.
3. Yes
4. You can use your own webmail system if you want, just upload it into public_html then install it. Or if you use UebiMiau mail, check if the product allows you to skin the inbox Wink.
5. That will depend on the amount of space used by that user, you can limit the space if I'm not mistaken.
KHO
Which server are you on? For DA l know that they can just log into http://<domain>.frih.net/webmail/ (which is UebiMiau) and that will allow them to check their mail, you can specify how much storage you want to allow them (in MB) through the same area that you create their addresses, which would be http://<domain>.frih.net:2222/CMD_EMAIL_POP?DOMAIN=<domain>.frih.net, you can always install your own mailbox if you don't want to use theirs, and l'm sure you can mod that so that it has your own custom feel to it Neutral. Hope this was helpfull.
Daniel15
Quote:

They log in via the same webmail interface you use; that is:
http://www.frih.net/webmail/ or
http://www.frih.net/squirrelmail/

They need to enter the full email address, ie. [account]@[yoursite].frih.net. For example, if you create a new email account called 'test', and your domain is 'mydomain', then they'd need to login as test@mydomain.frih.net
satheesh
Hi,

Thanks to all for the help extended to me.... The pointer given towards giving everyone access to their mail inbox from the place where I access it from was really an eye opener.

Special thanks to Bondings for the directions provided. But the restriction that the inbox size counts to your total 250 MB is really a big hit to the purpose of the whole process. But can you give me any directions about how the mails to the inbox can be redirected to our personal inbox over at gmail or something similar.

Can it be set something like all the mails coming to these inboxes can be transferred to some other external space. Can you also suggest to when the FRIH$ exchange for webspace or something is gonna be implemented.

Please reply....

Thanks and regards...
Satheesh
Daniel15
satheesh wrote:
But can you give me any directions about how the mails to the inbox can be redirected to our personal inbox over at gmail or something similar.

See http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11428 . Even though that tutorial was for cPanel, you can apply some of the same principals with DirectAdmin.
satheesh
Hi,

Thanks for the superb directions given by Daniel15, a thousand thanks to him all the way. I have set the accounts over in the DirectAdmin and over at Gmail and its working superbly and neverthless to say its saving hell a lot of space.

I have more questions to any one who would be kind enough to respond.
1) I have created a Registration page and the details similar to those we enter in Yahoo or Gmail are input in this registration form. These details are stored in a database file. My question is that how do I get these registered emails and information and the passwords set for them to be entered into my mail accounts.

2) Am I allowed to install chat engine to my website. If so how do I install a chat engine to my website.?.

Thanks and regards,
Satheesh