FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost server (1) still banned by aol (mail) as spam ?

pacslim
I allready reported this months ago,
and thought it was solved, because i cant find that thread/topic nowhere anymore !

But this problem is still here !

Please bondings or someone write to aol and other email services that see frihost server mail as spam!
I remember it was because u had bad frihost users that really spammed and ya'll banned (good)
But now were still being blacklisted can u solve this please because each mail that goes to a user on aol i get back in my inbox with messages like this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

angelstndngby103@aol.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mailin-01.mx.aol.com [205.188.158.121]: 554- (RTR:BL) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrbl.html
554- AOL does not accept e-mail transactions from IP addresses which
554- generate complaints or transmit unsolicited bulk e-mail.
554 Connecting IP: 216.32.68.250

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <pacslim@host.frihost.net>
Received: from pacslim by host.frihost.net with local (Exim 4.52)
id 1EyXoH-00024X-QE; Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:06:03 +0100
To: Undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Topic Reply Notification - *Are U Still Down?*
Reply-to: pacslim@makaveliliveson.com
Message-ID: <bc21c5e8bc6eba3a1ed6722ea7a81bc9@www.makaveliliveson.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:06:03 +0100
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: PHP
X-MimeOLE: Produced By phpBB2

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "*Are U Still Down?*" at Makaveli Lives On ! Forum !. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://www.makaveliliveson.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=11443#11443

The contents of the reply, posted by , is displayed below:

Thanks for upping the song Simon, tight song.

Yeah, angelstandngby, we love all here on this site, so post some more bro ;pls; ;thr;

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://www.makaveliliveson.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1483&unwatch=topic

SO PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS or a way around so my members on aol can get their mail, this is costing me traffiic and members !

thanks allready for all the help ...

peace

Wink Arrow
Bondings
The thing is, I reported it to them already several times without an answer. I - recently - bothered their customer service/support/contact thing with the online chat. Once they figured out that I wasn't going to buy their services, they just shut down the conversation window. Shocked
xorcist
Where is the link to there customer support online. I'm a customer of AOL Ill just say that I have problem getting mail from frihost, and that I will not want there service if I cannot get mail from frihost. I already planning on taking away there service because my free month trial is over that will be just another reason.
pacslim
pleaase try all u can everybody this is important for us all i will let all my aol users that are member of my site i will ask em all also to send an email that they want mail from frihost hosted sites they are member of, also is aol the only mail service provider diong this? Wink Thanks to all who allready did all they could one luv Arrow

this is the only link they provide when its resended to sender http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrbl.html (it says: 554 RTR:BL
http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrbl.html
EXPLANATION:

This error message indicates that a block has been placed against your IP address because we have received numerous complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address.

SOLUTION:

Please have your ISP or server administrator contact AOL for assistance. The mail administrator should request a feedback loop that will alert them to reported spam from their network. You can access the Feedback Loop request form here.

If you need additional information please Contact Us.

)
also that page has a contact email so i will write it again 2 hope u all do !
Metaguy
My advice, if you cant do anything else is to use a hotmail/yahoo/gmail email account. Thats if you dont find how to unblock em.
Bondings
I used that form again, still no answer, not even a confirmation email. Maybe by next year ...

Otherwise, I can move your site to a different ip-address on the server, but they probably blocked the whole server.

(Edit, stupid mistake)
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
I used that form again, still no answer, not even a confirmation email. Maybe by next year ...

Otherwise, I can move your site to a different ip-address on the server, but if they probably block the whole server.

thanks bondings i know u aint the problem Man F8ck aol lol Surprised Laughing Wink Arrow
Daniel15
I hate AOL! AOL is a horrible ISP! They've not only blocked the FriHost server, they've also blocked my ISP's server, and heaps of other web hosts!

They may as well block 1.0.0.1 - 255.255.255.254 Very Happy
n0obie4life
Just live with it. We can't do much anyway..just thank that guy who sent paypal scam mails out.
hack_man_
n0obie4life wrote:
Just live with it. We can't do much anyway..just thank that guy who sent paypal scam mails out.

I was not aware of that! Shocked Who was it? Have they been banned for... erm... 'Dishonoring FriHost'?
Daniel15
hack_man_ wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

I was not aware of that! Shocked Who was it? Have they been banned for... erm... 'Dishonoring FriHost'?

They got banned a long time ago. It's their fault that the FriHost mail server is banned from AOL. Actually, now that I think of it, there's no way for me to send a message to an AOL address - All the mail servers I use are banned from AOL!

Even some of AOL's own servers are banned from their mail servers!
hack_man_
daniel15 wrote:

HA HA HA! Really? My god they must be stupid!
Daniel15
hack_man_ wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

HA HA HA! Really? My god they must be stupid!

Yeah, I'm just trying to find it now.

They had a company that sent out a newsletter to AOL users, on behalf of them, and almost half the emails didn't get to the recipient!

EDIT: The AOL servers are actually black listed! See http://spamkings.oreilly.com/archives/2005/04/aol_lands_on_sp.html