FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Something fun to do

n0obie4life
I want something fun to do on this forum.

Something like an arcade, or maybe an RPG or somethnig.

I'm very bored, and since this forum isn't so active Sad.

Also, I think we should be notified of new moderators in - http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-1.html - this forum. I didn't know James and Arin became global moderators.

And don't suggest games to me, my pc sucks so bad that when I play a game like rakion, it lags. The CPU usage jumps up to a whooping 99% and it lags.
SamiTheBerber
n0obie4life wrote:

I agree that, I also want design a personal skin in forum, just for own use. Can that be possible? Like everyone can have own theme, which is editable.

RPG is good idea. There could be also a competition, who is best in that game, etc.

Sometimes I'm also bore to write here. More action please Wink
xorcist
There should be an arcade or something like that. I was asking to become a Moderater but then the only reason I knew they were MOD's were because Bondings told me they took the stops that were open.
ocalhoun
Arcade? Possibly...
RPG? Be extremely carefull!
Certain aspects of stock RPG mods allow near infinite accumulation of currency.
Blaster
If you want a cool RPG n00bie check out "The World" on rinkinated.net. Find it out on the side menu under games.

If fri host wants to put that RPG up then I will talk to the creator (my cousin and his friend) about it. Just PM me if you want it. I might be able to work with you.

Edit: The site that it is on is [url]rinkinated.net[/url]
SunburnedCactus
One of the forums I post on (TSR) has an arcade with loads of Flash games and the ability to submit the scores onto a leaderboard. It's a vBulletin forum though, so it might be exclusive to that...
WebSiteGuru
Something like tradewar back in the traditional BBS days would be nice.
Or some type of games that will have players build their empire. And try to monopilize each other.
n0obie4life
There's an arcade system for phpBB made.

But still, Bondings, reply to this topic. I know you seen it, evil thing.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
There's an arcade system for phpBB made.

But still, Bondings, reply to this topic. I know you seen it, evil thing.

An arcade system would be great!

@n0obie4life: Your computer is still better than mine Wink. Try the original 'Unreal Tournament' if you want an online game, there's still over 2,000 servers online.
Bondings
I won't install an arcade on this website strictly speaking. I might make an arcade website seperately from Frihost, but certainly not at the moment.

I will most likely keep Frihost a general and webmaster-oriented community together with tech/webmaster articles and tutorials.
n0obie4life
Great, I'm going to have to find a new forum where I can do more interesting stuff.

It's boring Sad. And the point of it was to make it use FRIH$ too Rolling Eyes
n0obie4life
WebSiteGuru wrote:
I would say it will be a great idea to have some types of tutorials area (like a documentation specific) that will let members give inputs helps to the community. Separating from the Tutorials Forums itself that members would ask specific questions. And anytime someone post a tutorials they would get FRIH$, after it had been reviewed and approved of couse by members of the admins.

Don't hijack my topic. Create a new one instead.

This topic is meant to talk about how lifeless this forum is and how to make it fun and filled with life and competition.

* scrambles to look for a new forum to play on *
WebSiteGuru
I did mean it that way. I was just responding to bonding comments about it. Sorry if this trouble you. Embarassed I mean well for the community.

Like I said before the last comment:

WebSiteGuru wrote:

Something like tradewar back in the traditional BBS days would be nice.
Or some type of games that will have players build their empire. And try to monopilize each other.

I loved playing games too. Wink I just can find these games web base! Sad
TeenZine
Mabe not games per say but how about quizes with fun and weired facts people who get a 100 get 10 extra Frih$
alkady
New Mods hein? Funny thing is if I actually had a french keyboard and a better knowledge of the Moderation Methods and so on, I could have been mod on the French Forum. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Jack_Hammer
SamiTheBerber wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

I agree that, I also want design a personal skin in forum, just for own use. Can that be possible? Like everyone can have own theme, which is editable.

RPG is good idea. There could be also a competition, who is best in that game, etc.

Sometimes I'm also bore to write here. More action please Wink

Everyone having their own theme would cost a lot of resources on the server, Bondings specifically chose the current theme because it is quick to load and reduces the strain on the server.
yaashop
How about doign Pubquiz (about anything) and winner can get a FRIH$
as a prize. you can give them some time to find answer (with time limit) but also question should be very difficult since ppl can use search engine to find answers. just an idea though XD
LukeakaDanish
Here are my two cents:

Why dont we do an arcade page ourselves? - I've already tried, though Javascript (the one language i truly feel comfortable in) just doesnt cut it.

I am learning flash + ActionScript ATM, and when i feel ready, i will start making games for frihost. Very Happy

@n4l:

- Dont lie Wink - we all know your frihost all the way Very Happy (and come on - you cant hate the forum THAT much or you wouldnt have posted so much) Wink

[ dont hate me for saying that Very Happy ]
Marston
TeenZine wrote:
Mabe not games per say but how about quizes with fun and weired facts people who get a 100 get 10 extra Frih$
Why do you feel the need to bring up a 3 month old thread?
Scorpio
Marston wrote:
TeenZine wrote:
Why do you feel the need to bring up a 3 month old thread?

Dont we all know about teenzine, marston?? Rolling Eyes
Helios
Marston and scorpio, instead of spamming here, you could have easily reported a moderator about this.

No RPG or Arcade will be on FriHost until Bondings says otherwise.

-close-