FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Teachers poll

Interested in teacher specific posts?
I'm a teacher and I'd be interested.
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Not a teacher but I'd still be interested.
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
I'm a teacher but not interested.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Completing this poll just wasted precious seconds of my life.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

hades9366
Just wanted to find out how many teachers there are here and if any of you would be interested in teacher specific posts? I was thinking along the lines of resource recommendations, sharing lesson plans, ideas and water-cooler reflections. Anyone keen? If you're a teacher a reply with the area you're working in would be appreciated.
windval
are you a teacher then
hades9366
I was teaching English as a second language in Japan for a few years and I'm now teaching high school English in Australia.
madsencarl
Some teachers are nice, but then again some are real faggots. We once had this teacher who was such a b**** our class filed a complaint to the principal about her. Everyone f***ed around in her class, she threatened to slap me once.
-scared-
S3nd K3ys
I'm a teacher. But I teach adults, not kids. Adults that pay good money to be there, so it's much nicer (I would imagine), than teaching at a grade/high school or college, where people are largely there because they have to be there.
Bondings
What about a forum about school/learning, both for teachers and students? Because there are way more students than teachers, so a forum for teachers only would be quite empty.
MalvagioAddict
well, i'm not a teacher, but I'd still be interested in reading the posts as long as the thread is interesting. I have to second the comment made Bondings, it seems that a lot more students are signed on at fri-host and we'd all be interested in joining a forum that would also be geared towards the studentry.

Besides, sharing ideas, plans and strategies also sounds good. I mean even if you're not a teacher it isn't illogical to be able to think that you'd be using what you've learned even in forums as the one you seem to be interested in.
Bondings
MalvagioAddict wrote:
well, i'm not a teacher, but I'd still be interested in reading the posts as long as the thread is interesting. I have to second the comment made Bondings, it seems that a lot more students are signed on at fri-host and we'd all be interested in joining a forum that would also be geared towards the studentry.

I just thought a bit about this. There are like 20-30 students per teacher on average. It's quite normal that students are in the majority.

However, strategies on how to cheat during exams are not a good idea to share with teachers. Wink
SunburnedCactus
No cheating! Just lots of "helpful advice"! Very Happy
hades9366
Quote:
There are like 20-30 students per teacher on average. It's quite normal that students are in the majority.

Yeah high school teachers are outnumbered, overworked, underpaid and unappreciated, why the hell would anyone want this c#@p job? Well it does allow for long holidays plus it's easy to get work overseas especially as an English as a Second Language teacher.

Quote:
I teach adults, not kids.

Working as an ESL teacher lets me work with adults and yeah it makes a big difference when the students want to be there.
jeopardy98
I am a sixth grade English teacher adn I would be interested. I have only been teaching for a few years, so I may not have much to offer you veterans, but I would be happy to participate as much as possible.
helk
It's interesting for those of us contemplating becoming teachers. Idea

Or who harbour secret teaching desires. Laughing
DoctorBeaver
S3nd K3ys wrote:
I'm a teacher. But I teach adults, not kids. Adults that pay good money to be there, so it's much nicer (I would imagine), than teaching at a grade/high school or college, where people are largely there because they have to be there.

I was a uni lecturer for a while & I have to agree. When the students WANT to be there it makes life a lot easier. No way could I ever work as a school teacher. I'd end up throwing the kids through walls!