FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cat Interrupts Catnap, Possibly Saving Two

wowz
Quote:
MANCHESTER, Pa. - A cat interrupted a catnap, possibly saving two lives. Jean Poole and her 9-month-old granddaughter were dozing Tuesday in Poole's home in the Newberry Estates mobile home park. Poole's 7-year-old cat, Princess, woke them up, meowing loudly.

Poole got up, smelled smoke and heard crackling flames. She went to check the wood burning stove in the living room, and saw flames at the picture window. With fire blocking the front door, Poole grabbed the baby and went out the rear door. Then she returned to get Princess.

"She woke me up. I don't know if I'd have smelled the smoke otherwise," Poole said.

Arriving firefighters found flames were shooting through the roof. Scott Glassmyer, assistant chief of the Newberry Township Fire Company, said the blaze apparently started accidentally in a trash can outside, ignited the underside of the mobile home, spread inside the siding and broke through to the interior.

By Associated Press

A little while ago I posted a similar story about a chat who dialed 911 when his owner collapsed and couldn't get to the phone.
Super intelligent cats are saving our lives!
The last cat was trained, this one was just smart.
Who says cats are dumber than dogs? They just don't want to be trained.. because they're lazy. But when lives depend (or rather, their future meals)... they are reliable! lol