FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hamster, Snake Best Friends at Tokyo Zoo

wowz

Awwwww, isn't that cute?!

Quote:
TOKYO - Gohan and Aochan make strange bedfellows: one's a 3.5-inch dwarf hamster; the other is a four-foot rat snake. Zookeepers at Tokyo's Mutsugoro Okoku zoo presented the hamster _ whose name means "meal" in Japanese _ to Aochan as a tasty morsel in October, after the snake refused to eat frozen mice.

But instead of indulging, Aochan decided to make friends with the furry rodent, according to keeper Kazuya Yamamoto. The pair have shared a cage since.

"I've never seen anything like it. Gohan sometimes even climbs onto Aochan to take a nap on his back," Yamamoto said.

Aochan, a 2-year-old male Japanese rat snake, eventually developed an appetite for frozen rodents but has so far shown no signs of gobbling up Gohan _ despite her name.

"We named her Gohan as a joke," Yamamoto chuckled. "But I don't think there's any danger. Aochan seems to enjoy Gohan's company very much."

The Tokyo zoo also keeps a range of mostly livestock animals, and promotes "cross-breed interaction," according to Yamamoto.

But Gohan and Aochan's case was "was a complete accident," Yamamoto said.

Now I've heard of cats and dogs being best friends (ie my cat and dog did it) and I've heard of animals adopting other animal babies as their own (cats and squirrels).. but this is just cute!
Yeah ok, cats and dogs is cute, squirrels and cats is cute... but come on.. a snake and a hamster? How often do you hear that? Smile

So I'm assuming they don't leave the hamster in there all the time.. so what if they put another in, would he eat it? Or is he a nonhamsterterian?
Lord Klorel
I hope that the snake don't getting hungry. If the snake will, the hamster is lost for ever.

But i hope for the hamster that the snake don't get any hungry.

Hip Hip for Mother Nature.

Predator and pray together!! Twisted Evil
Custom
lol lol lol and I thought it was illegal to feed a animal live food if it lives in a zoo oh well but lol lol