FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB Question

Vrythramax
I'm setting up a phpBB board and I'm hoping someone could answer a couple of simple questions for me....In the (Admin) Forum Configuration section, if I enable html do I actually have to list all the html tags to be allowed? And if so what format do I use (i.e. b or <b>or [b], i or <i> or [i]), and lastly...how would I close the tags?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.
AlexC
you havnt had much experience have you, noob? well neither have i RazzVery Happy.... i didnt even know you had to put all of the HTML in when you set it up
nam_siddharth
http://siddharth.frih.net/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Click this link for phpbb code tutorial.
Lady Elensar
Vrythramax wrote:
I'm setting up a phpBB board and I'm hoping someone could answer a couple of simple questions for me....In the (Admin) Forum Configuration section, if I enable html do I actually have to list all the html tags to be allowed?
Yes, next to 'Allowed HTML tags (Separate tags with commas)' in the textarea, you have to put all the tags you wish to use, e.g. b,i,u,pre,a,table,tr,td.

Quote:
And if so what format do I use (i.e. b or <b>or [b], i or <i> or [i]), and lastly...how would I close the tags?

In your messages you have to use them this way: <b> hello </b> or <i>good bye</i>. The [ and ] are used by BBCode.

P.s. Don't forget to switch the option 'allow html' in your profile to yes. Smile