You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anybody running SuSE 10?

I noticed on the SuSE homepage that version 10 has come out.
I have had 8.2 and 9.2, and I'm wondering if it's worth the upgrade.
Has anybody here tried it? If so, how is it different from older versions?
In theory, newer means better.

Because we are talking about open source software here, I think it's really worth the upgrade. After all, almost every distro release is an anticipated one.

Just think of the developments that had happened in the past 1-2 years or so...

Hope that helps... Smile
Ya, this distro really rocks for n00bs. Despite of the fact that it has a poor multimedia support (Due to the damn patent thingy, when will it end ?) it's a really nice distro. Its a pure FOSS distro. Like the Fedora of Red Hat.
Novell has made some interesting changes in distribution and development since our last review of SUSE Linux. Many say it's for the better and I'd say I'm inclined to go with that theory. To tell you the truth, I never thought I'd see the day SUSE opened up it's doors to the community to help expand and concert development efforts, but here we are in a world where SUSE is open and still making geeks sweat every time a new release comes out. Without a doubt, OpenSUSE was one of the biggest announcements of the 2005... and for good reason. SUSE has always been one of the most popular Linux distros on the planet. As of this writing DistroWatch has it ranked as the #3 distro, coming in after Ubuntu at #1 and Mandriva at #2. SUSE has always been at the top of their game and judging by the numbers they still are.
nothing`s changed between 9.3 and 10. Some newer versions of software, new kde, new backgrounds ... But it`s much better than 9.2, and now it`s free if you don`t need novell`s support, and new name for edition without support - open suse