FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Python

WickedGravity
I noticed that you guys aren't running Python on the server and was wondering if it would be possible to do so?

I was trying to install the MoinMoinWiki to be a mirror for Greasemonkey when I noticed.

Is it possible or is it just too problamatic at this point?
Helios
Are you planning to make somekind of a mirror site/service ?

BTW, please install Python ^^
Python rulez!

Smile
Quote:

"Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we're looking for more people with skills in this language." said Peter Norvig, director of search quality at Google, Inc.

Quote:

"NASA is using Python to implement a CAD/CAE/PDM repository and model management, integration, and transformation system which will be the core infrastructure for its next generation collaborative engineering environment. We chose Python because it provides maximum productivity, code that's clear and easy to maintain, strong and extensive (and growing!) libraries, and excellent capabilities for integration with other applications on any platform. All of these characteristics are essential for building efficient, flexible, scalable, and well-integrated systems, which is exactly what we need. Python has met or exceeded every requirement we've had," said Steve Waterbury, Software Group Leader, NASA STEP Testbed.
WickedGravity
I currently have over 500 scripts in a Greasemonkey Directory and was planning to be a mirror, if agreements are reached of course, for the main site.
Bondings
I'll try to see what I can do. But in july. At the moment I'm really too busy to do anything but the basic support here.
WickedGravity
Not a problem to wait, thanks a lot for thinking about it one way or the other.

If you do, I think you may be able to get a few more chunks of traffic hither and yon to come here.
careyd
I can appreciate how busy things get as I'm a network admin for a company myself. I would just like to put it out there that I'm another one interested in having python installed. Again, as stated above, whenever time permits.

Thanks

-Dave
Bondings
Oh, I totally forgot this. I'll take a look at it, but most likely I won't install it. The server is getting slow lately and every thing I add will cause a higher server load, in my opinion.
game_dev
I'd like to second the requests for better python and mod_python suport , in general.

It seems that the Python version currently running is is over 2 years old ( 2.2 ) and the mod_python version running is probably the oldest one still around and over 5 years old ( 2.7 ) , ( at least this is what I could find out. )

Since there is no suport for python frameworks in Frihost , which is understandable, a less old version of mod_python would be a good compensation for that. If mod_python suport was set up earlier this year, I wonder why such an old version of it was chosen ? Rolling Eyes

Thanks to Frihost for that time and effort,

gd