FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fantastico could be updated

ZORGLUB
I only know about php-nuke, but a 7.7 version is already out, so you could update this part..may be for security reason, it could be better?
WickedGravity
I haven't checked the specifics of everything, but I know that Fantastico only offers free versions of the software and that PHPNuke is released to paying members a little before it is released to the general public.

Again, I haven't confirmed this, but it is just a suggestion.
ZORGLUB
7.7.1 is public in france (i think, i downloaded it from the official french site)
WickedGravity
Good point.

7.7 is the avilable public release.

I am sure once the powers that be see this, something will be done accordingly.
Maka
I would stay away from 7.7 and now the new 7.8, they have not been approved by chatserv, raven and most phpnuke security sites, they have also taken it away from the downloads until it has been worked upon. if you have 7.5 or 7.6 you can stay up to date by applying chatservs patches located here:

http://www.nukefixes.com/

Also it is advisable to install some security, either the sentinel, protector or admin secure, I recomned the sentinel I have it on my site along with the latest patches.

Sentinel can be found here:

http://www.nukescripts.net/

*Please note you must have atleast patch 2.9 to install.*

Latest features:

Features Include:
- To be used with PHP-Nuke 7.1 to 7.7 - Patched 2.9.
- Converted eregi's to stristr's.
- Template system.
= Templates are used for blocker responses and for the "Site Shutdown" system.
= Templates for blockers are prefixed with abuse_.
= Templates for admin settings are prefixed with admin_.
= Have as many templates as you want/need and assign them thru the Amind and Config screens.
- Comes with 2 blocks and one module for displaying blocked IPs.
- 9 Blocker types.
= Author/Admin hack blocker.
= CLike hack blocker.
= Union hack blocker.
= Filter blocker.
= Harvester blocker.
= Referer blocker.
= Scripting hack blocker.
= Request Method blocker.
= String blocker.
- DOS protection (on/off switchable).
- Force to nukeurl (on/off switchable).
- HTTPAuth/CGIAuth logins for admin.php (on/off switchable, settable per admin).
- Site Disable switch.
- Proxy blocker (on/off switchable).
- htaccess writable (on Apache servers).
- Display pages are sortable.
- Protected Admins (settable per admin).
- Help/Info ballon windows (onclick or onmouseover switchable).
- Each blocker can be tailored to yoru needs.
- Email reports can be sent to multiple admins.
- Enhanced Union and Clike blocker routines.
- Correction for backend.php file feeds.
- Correction for minor code errors.
- Reorganized blocker routines for better trapping.
- IP Tracking routines (on/off switchable).
- Blocked Ranges.
-Reserved Ranges.
- Corrected a bad case for IP2C Searching.
- Corrected the is_god function. Around line 801 you can allow superusers
in but as default it requires GOD status.
- Corrected the blockers error of an empty set.
- A couple of other minor code changes.
- Corrected a missing HELP define.
- Added Santy Worm protection (Thanks to NSN France)
- Added check box so you can return to the Add IP/Range screens faster
- Recoded includes/sentinel.php to load and run faster.
- Rebuilt the Search function to search all ip areas at once and display the results.
- Added test switch for HTTPAuth and register_globals. Helps prevent admins being locked out of admin.php .
- Added switch for Santy Worm protection.
- NEW import system for adding IP 2 Country data and importing Blocked Ranges.
- Created master globals in includes/nukesentinel.php for easier and faster processing.
- You can use the new master global by adding $nsnst_const to your global lines thruout PHP-Nuke.
- Added if (!get_magic_quotes_runtime()) to help prevent data not writing to the database.
- Adapted for 7.7 WYSIWYG editor.
- Enclosed table and field names with ` marks on sql queries.
- Improved the Add IP 2 Country Range failure report page.
- includes/nukesentinel.php checks for the $admin_file var and sets it if it isn't set.
- Added Country Listing page in IP 2 Country management. Now you can easily find the c2c codes.
+ Blocking an IP Range now writes it's calculated CIDR(s) to the htaccess file.
+ IP Range display pages also include the reanges calculated CIDR(s) in the display.
+ Code refreshes.
+ And more........
Bockman
the 7.8 version has been released only this month. Everytime there is a new release of php-nuke (wich isn't free, costs $10), the previous one is released to public for free.

i haven't seen an update to fantastico with 7.7 yet. when it gets to fantastico it will be updated. (i'm also waiting for it Smile )

Be Well Cool
dionet
Well, im also waiting for the update, but can fantastico update the versions (to the server) automaticaly?
Bondings
Fantastico should be the latest version. I updated it a few days ago.
ZORGLUB
dionet wrote:
Well, im also waiting for the update, but can fantastico update the versions (to the server) automaticaly?

yes, i've got the same question. Can fantastico update automatically a previous installation of phpnuke?
Bockman
ZORGLUB wrote:
dionet wrote:

yes, i've got the same question. Can fantastico update automatically a previous installation of phpnuke?

I believe it updates as it does to phpBB. i will try and update it through fantastico when i have the new version.

Be Well Cool
ZORGLUB
that could be a great feature, cause it would avoid security holes or things like that
Maka
Yes you can auto update nuke from 7.5 to 7.6 now in fantastico, but be warned the standered nuke not patched and with no security add on is at risk, the standered phpnuke has many holes, patching closes these holes for hackers and a securtity add on makes it secure and stops hack attemepts, thwe people who get there phpnuke sites hacked are the ones who arn't patched and have no security, I see it all the time.

Some sites for you to read up on:

http://www.nukesecurity.com/

http://www.nukefixes.com/

http://www.nukescripts.net/ - home of the nuke sentinel the most updated secuirity effective addon.

http://ravenphpscripts.com/

The PHP-Nuke Patched Series By Chatserv latest is Current version: 3.0b + BBtoNuke 2.0.15, thats (phpbb 2.0.1.5 the latest included).
ZORGLUB
is it possible to add sentinel to fantastico? or to have a automatic patching of pre-installed cms ?
Maka
ZORGLUB wrote:
is it possible to add sentinel to fantastico? or to have a automatic patching of pre-installed cms ?

Nope has to be done manually, every install is differnt, but if you read the installation guide it's very easy to install:

Patches - just upload all the files and overwright, fill in your conifg.php, then run the upgrade.php file and then it's done, then delete the install file.

For sentinal same thing, but a few edits are needed on mainfile.php, header.php etc to get it working.

Sentinel install and user guide:

http://www.nukescripts.net/modules.php?name=User_Guide

Read the readme in the download to.

You cannot install the sentinal unless you have patched your nuke, so patch first then installl the sentinel, make backups of your database and files before any work is done just incase.

For patches read the readme again.
ZORGLUB
thanks a lot for all these details, but i'll try php-maximus, a modded version of phpnuke that has sentinel preinstalled and last security holes fixed.
i'll say to U what is Ok or not with it.
the creator says that's 30% faster than phpnuke 7.7
so i hope it will be as good as it sounds Very Happy
Texas Al
The TikiWiki on Fantastico is 1.8.5, and the 1.9.x one has a lot of helpful new features including a vastly improved karma system, trackers that actually do something, and web-based install of optional packages. Any chance it could be updated to 1.9.x?

How do updates work with Fantastico, anyway? Does WHM backend somehow download Fantastico-ready packages, or do you have to set them up by hand? Is that what you meant in your previous post when you said "No, you have to do it by hand"?

Thanks.
Texas Al
BBbbump! I nominate TikiWiki for upgrade from 1.8.5 to the latest 1.9.x version. What do you think?

Texas Al wrote:
The TikiWiki on Fantastico is 1.8.5, and the 1.9.x one has a lot of helpful new features including a vastly improved karma system, trackers that actually do something, and web-based install of optional packages. Any chance it could be updated to 1.9.x?

How do updates work with Fantastico, anyway? Does WHM backend somehow download Fantastico-ready packages, or do you have to set them up by hand? Is that what you meant in your previous post when you said "No, you have to do it by hand"?

Thanks.
Bockman
First of all, i haven't seen fantastico updates (nor packages) after the one on the 4th june.

Second, the updates will be made whenever they are available AND when Bondings has availability to do it. at the moment, there are other, more important things, that need to be done firstly.

Third and last.. do NOT bump threads. It is not an apretiated M.O.

Be Well Cool
Texas Al
Sorry, didn't mean to be annoying. It's easy to be misunderstood in a text medium and all that. Wink

I won't bump any more posts. In lots of forums I've been on it was perefectly normal to do that, but now that I know it's not okay here, I won't do that. Might want to put that in the TOS, so people know ahead of time (bump != spam in people's minds necesserily).

On the subject, I was curious, do Fantastico packages get distributed by the company that sells cPanel/WHM or are they made by the people who produce the software the update is supposed to install?

Thanks.