FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PSP

lord020
what do you guys think of teh psp is it worth to buy 1 or not. Is it good quality or not.
Hanpusu-kun
We already have similar threads in this forum

Well, if you want to play less games and listen to more music, the PSP is worth buying.

BUT, if you want to play fun games and find intresting stuff, the NDS is the thing for you.
votd
What Hanpusu-kun said it's absolutely correct, but I want to tell more about it. Basically, PSP is a multimedia center. You can watch videos, play music, run homebrew, emulate prev-gen consoles and play almost-an-PS2 quality games. Thus, PSP is much expensive than NDS, so if you got enough money - buy PSP, if you got smaller amount - go for NDS. It's a difficult decision what to choose - PSP has better proccessor, but games aren't that cool - mostly an conversion from it's bigger brother (PS2 I mean). NDS gives you more and more games, that are interesting and orginal. Also in NDS there's a touch screen, microphone and all - since PSP has no of this perypherial. I think the best is to wait for the conclude of handheld fight.
Nexus4144
Dude.. u totaly need to buy the PSP it blows away any other portable system that anyone has made. The graphics are jus unbeliable. I have 4 games of wich i probly play GTA: Liberty City Stories the most. I love that game. I have all of them. Now i get to take it on the go. I also like that u can websurf to any website if u have wireless internet around. Watch movies, play music it is a totaly awsome system u should get it!
Hanpusu-kun
And btw. many people buy the PSP so they can play ROMS, but this is just weird.
You buy a console to play that consoles games right?
papamurphy
But see that console doesn't really have any good games. I own like four games for my PSP, and it just sits there gathering dust. My DS on the other hand, I have like ten games, and I play it constantly. I like both, but I just wish the PSP would get some "killer apps".
Hanpusu-kun
But right now, its seems that all teh good psp games are in japan and is most often like RPG's.
Lets hope there will be one soon here in the west soon.
TeK
Personally I wouldn't buy it. I'm not a huge fan of portables. I'd rather sit one place and play. but I'd recommend it for someone who wants a portable. it has some decent games.
Magix
The PSP is a really great handheld system. Its got great graphics and you can do alot of cool things on it. I don't want to spend money on it because alot of people have been saying that the color tends to fade away because the graphics on the games are so good. I wouldn't recommend buying it just yet. Maybe wait until they come out with a different version or fix the problem with the color fading away.
Frag
Well if you want a portable next gen console, there is only one choice, if you buy a DS your wasting your money, my brother has one hates it, the graphics are just terrible about the same as a N64 which is what like 8 years ago so how cant Ninento Improve graphics over 8 years even on a portable console?

A psp can do all the extra's it is like a multimedia tool to carry around, but the games it has at the moment are great, the games that are coming out look brilliant, and the graphics are brilliant.

The question looms would you prefer a Pocked N64 with 8 year old graphics? Or would you get yourself a PSP with up to date graphics and more games companies wanting to make games for it.

Easy choice
Yantaal
PSP: I am a small playstation, I can play music and films Neutral

DS: So, i am a whole new item, no my graphics arnt as good, but at least i am different, i dont have one screen i have two. Hooray.

PSP: uuuuuuuhh

DS: Zelda
Ganxta
PSP is a really nice think....IIIIII NEEEEEED IIIIIIT Crying or Very sad
a.Bird
PSP: My video quality and screen size is more visually appealing than yours.

DS: My two screens, one a touch screen, are more mentally appealing than your one, non-touch screen.

PSP: My ability to play compressed videos and music, as well as homebrew games, makes me more versatile.

DS: My developers focus more on developing new, revolutionizing games and less on ports from my predecessors.

PSP: I guess we can't even really be compared because of so many variables. Maybe we are just made for different kinds of people.

DS: True, and without the hefty competition you bring, I might not even be here today.

PSP: Oh stop, it's all you playa. Touch screeeen? Shiiiiiiit.

DS: <3

PSP: <3
warning
I have a psp and its one of the most well spent money products ive ever bought. It can: Play Quality Games, Listen to Music, Watch Movies, Look at Photos and Surf the Net. If you dont have one, I feel for you.
Wayne1986
PSP is the best handheld thing i have ever picked up. Its just a playstation 2 in your hand with some more acvanced features. Its worth getting one. You will not be dissapointed. 1trillion times better than any other handheld.
kaze89
I've only got a PSP because my brother got tired of it (he was never much of a gamer). I like the design and the handling, but you can't turn the volume of the music high enough (or I'm doing something wrong) and I haven't found any games I like yet
Wayne1986
there are loads of games out though. There has been over 200 released already.

One major problem is the sound. But its not really that much of a problem because you can plug your PC speakers into it, aswell as buy the PSP docking station. And if your out and about, just buy some decent headphones.
papamurphy
Have you guys seen the new DS Lite? If you haven't I suggest you google it. It is going to be sexier then the PSP in my opinion. Hopefully I will not be let down. I wonder if Sony will decide to do a remake of the PSP. What do you guys think?
kaze89
Wayne1986 wrote:
there are loads of games out though. There has been over 200 released already.

One major problem is the sound. But its not really that much of a problem because you can plug your PC speakers into it, aswell as buy the PSP docking station. And if your out and about, just buy some decent headphones.

Not in Europe unfortunately. I have to say though that I haven't looked at the games in a while so I'm not up to date. I'm still seachring/waiting for a nice RPG.
Anyone heard of one?
And do games from every country run on every PSP? (I would think so since my borhter played a Japanese game on it) Because then I could just import from America or somewhere if the game hasn't been released around here yet.
papamurphy
There is "The Legend of Heroes: A tear of Vermillion" out in the States. It is getting mixed reviews, but you can read them here www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/review/926622.html.
nealio1000
the psp is awesome! you can do anything with it including: internet, movies, music, and games. If you are into coding you can make homebrew for your psp. If you don't know how to code, then download homebrew form pspupdates.qj.net! that website has all the news and info for the psp that you could ever dream of. if you are considering a nintendo ds then you should go back to elementary school and play stupid child games all day. the psp has plenty of great games: GTA: Liberty City Stories, Socom, Lumines, Wipeout Pure, and much more. they have all of the genres: RPG, Shooter, Action/adventure, Puzzle, and lots others. The graphics are much better then any other portable. The design of the system is amazing. The screen is huge! No other portbale can do so much! Buy the psp giga pack fo $300 (it may seem like alot but it is a way better deal then the regualr pack; You get a psp better accessories and a 1 GB memory stick which can cost up to over $100.)
buy the psp it will be the best choice of your life.
kaze89
papamurphy wrote:
There is "The Legend of Heroes: A tear of Vermillion" out in the States. It is getting mixed reviews, but you can read them here www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/review/926622.html.

Seems very old-school, but I like that. Thanks a lot for the help. I did some research and it hasn't been released in Germany but sometimes there are people selling imports on ebay.de and it seems like I'm lucky again this time Smile English games don't sell as well either so I'll make a good price too Very Happy (who said english lessons don't pay back? )

Will any of you get the PSP Talkman? I think it sounds interessting (especially because it features Japanese ) but I want to know the price first Laughing
izimngcubes15
It's good quality to me, I bought one. It's worth it, but save your money if you don't have much. I recommend.
Monkeydog
The only thing the PSP has over the DS is better graphics(don't care) and Internet abilities(really don't care).
So, I don't care about the PSP.
Dino
I have PSP ... really great console, buy it, you can`t get wrong with it
a.Bird
Monkeydog wrote:
The only thing the PSP has over the DS is better graphics(don't care) and Internet abilities(really don't care).

Nice of you to bother posting in the PSP thread. No really, amazing contribution to this current discussion. Applause
Monkeydog
a.Bird wrote:
Monkeydog wrote:

Nice of you to bother posting in the PSP thread. No really, amazing contribution to this current discussion. Applause

It was mainly a response to all the DS and PSP talk, in which is better. Really, what did you want me to say? "I <3 THE PSP??!?!?1". So. =/

Only 2 games that interst me on the PSP is Lumines and Me and My Katamari.
Both look fantastic, plus I love Katamari games.
Hanpusu-kun
Monkeydog wrote:
a.Bird wrote:
Monkeydog wrote:

It was mainly a response to all the DS and PSP talk, in which is better. Really, what did you want me to say? "I <3 THE PSP??!?!?1". So. =/

Only 2 games that interst me on the PSP is Lumines and Me and My Katamari.
Both look fantastic, plus I love Katamari games.

Still, you didnt contribute with so much "good" things about the PSP that you like, so it may seem a little odd to post here then.
phinguyen
it is always wortht the buy, if you kno what HOMEBREW is you'll fall in love with the psp. but if you're not gonna run homebrew you're just gonna thinq that itz the same o'l portable gaming system. shame.