FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is mambo

vignesh_natraj
I personally searched for this topic and found nothind related to my query.
Can any one please demonstrate mambo to me.Is it a predefined template.
photon
mambo is a free content management system. google it up for details
djclue917
In addition to that, you could also use site templates.

In simple terms, Mambo is something that you'd "install" to your host to create a website with ease.

Mambo Demo (courtesy of OpenSourceCMS):

Frontend
http://demo.opensourcecms.com/mambo/

Backend
http://demo.opensourcecms.com/mambo/administrator/

Username: admin
Password: demo

You might want to check out the demos of other CMS/Portals, Blogs, etc. here:
http://www.opensourcecms.com/

You might want to use Joomla! instead of Mambo. The original developers of Mambo left the Mambo project and created Joomla! out of Mambo 4.5.2. (Correct me if I got the version number wrong Smile)
Ping
Bah i found it difficult and hard to get the layout i liked...If you are running mambo you obviously have PHP....So get something like php nuke or e107. They are the rockz0rz
djclue917
Ping wrote:
Bah i found it difficult and hard to get the layout i liked...If you are running mambo you obviously have PHP....So get something like php nuke or e107. They are the rockz0rz

Are you telling to also get PHPNuke or e107 when you already have Mambo?
Lilystock
No, they are all CMS (Content Management System) No need to have them all Laughing

Personnally, I recommend Joomla... from the previous team of Mambo. Wink
pjv
Mambo or Joomla are two great website templates, I haven't found so far any web template that is better.

You can check http://mamboforge.net/ for more mambo addons. Very Happy
ignity
i also reccoment Joomla. I have been using mambo for a while and i really like it. Although think it is hard to get a good free template. As far a mambo goes it seem that if your web page is not that big dont use it. I would use mambo for a with a page that is large and is hard to keep track of. Mambo is really greate for organizing everything in catagories and channels. It is easy to expand and add moduals.
djclue917
Once again, Mambo and Joomla! are not website templates. They are Content Management Systems.
Pikokola
Yap for sure, It's not a template but a content management system, And you can upload Templates into it Smile - of course you can make it yourself or if you're too lazy you can download sample templates, editing or... just use it "wisely" Laughing

In other hand, Mambo have so many components that I think usefull. start from login page until gallery and some "things" to integrating with forums (like SMF)

check my site, its use mambo to build Very Happy. - http://smansasolo-underground.frih.net
InjunMick
so these are "wysiwyg"'s? so you dont have to learn HTML?

just wondering, what it sounds like to me.

InjunMick
vignesh_natraj
I think to use a banner each time we should upload the picture .mambo is very difficult to use.
Pikokola
InjunMick wrote:
so these are "wysiwyg"'s? so you dont have to learn HTML?

just wondering, what it sounds like to me.

InjunMick

Yeah. if you're lazzy you can count that's true, but to edit or make it's own templates you need understand the PHP script,

vignesh_natraj wrote:
I think to use a banner each time we should upload the picture .mambo is very difficult to use.

Heh? I did't think so, you can link the image using html tags too. and uploading to it not only by using mambo, you can manually upload it into the folder, mambo will count it automatically.
mckenneth
you know wut... you culhve juz type "mambo" on that Google search bar!...
phoneix
i discover joomla today and it seems better than the mambo...

i am trying to find all content management system as i can before getting my account (of course if i can get, they rejected my request Smile)...

till now i tried, phpnuke, mambo and joomla, and i think most useful is joomla between this CMS's...

do you know any more content manager systems, which of them u advise most?

and i need a forum, i have smf, it seems good. do you know any more free and useful good ones....
srijit
i would advice you to use Joomla and SMF, linking them together using the SMF bridge found in the SMF forums.
i would also advice you to test every possible CMS to make sure that you are choosing the one that is right for you Smile
Pikokola
Yap Of course Joomla is better than ambo, It's can be called as Mambo's sequel Very Happy

The creator of mambo stop making new upgrade for mambo and make joomla Very Happy