FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

getting shoutbox to show up in forum/topic view

engeland
Which file would have to do with me being able to make the shoutbox show up in the forum or topic in phpbb?

i edited the /templates/xxx/viewforum_body.tpl file, but all it shows now is the table (frame) of the shoutbox itself. Nothing in it Confused
Lady Elensar
I think you have to edit viewforum.php or viewtopic.php too. Actually, I'm sure Razz. I don't know wich shoutbox mod you're using, but if you had to edit index.php and index_body.tpl, you also have to change viewforum.php and viewforum_body.tpl (if you want to use these). Smile

Maybe you have to edit some more files, but I'm not sure about that.
Metaguy
Try making your own. I beleive www.zymic.com has one, correct me if Im wrong.
engeland
I'm pretty happy with the one i have now metaguy, but thanx for the info.

I've looked at viewforum.php and viewtopic.php, but the codes are very different. Not sure where to put them Confused
n0obie4life
Probably before the parsing of templates.

Code:
$template->pparse('body');

Wink
engeland
nope,doesnt work... there's an error.

btw, how big is the new phpbb2.1.0.9 Coz i just lost 40mb overnight! i dont remember uploading anything that big!
n0obie4life
Your mySQL Database takes up space too.

Anyway, I can't help much with that shoutbox thing, although I did it for you.

Just blame time.
engeland
dont worry about it noob. thanx anyway...

by the way, mysql database couldnt have eaten up 40mb!how do you check how much space your mysql database uses?im on cpanel the last thing i can remember doing before that eat-up happened is backing up my database. Could that be the problem?
pacslim
i dunno if thats the problem but ur msql database size u can also see in your cpanel that i know Wink Arrow
Lady Elensar
Yes, you can see SQL Disk usage below General account information:. Smile

But can you tell me wich shoutbox you're using?

You said you wanted to see the shoutbox in viewforum and viewtopic too? Anyway, me too. Not for the viewforum, but for the viewtopic. Because i'm using the Fully Integrated Shoutbox, and this one shows already the shoutbox in viewforum. Only I haven't searched for the answer yet. And I'm using the Categories Hierarchy mod, so my files are a little bit different. But I think that doesn't matter.
engeland
Niels shoutbox
Lady Elensar
The same as mine, I guess?

And you wanted to know which files you have to change to see your shoutbox in viewforum and viewtopic? But if I'm right, you already can see it in viewforum...
engeland
no it cant be seen in view forum ...

i dont know. noob set the shoutbox up for me, coz i was then losing my patience with it. btw, do you know how to make it show in the view forum?
Lady Elensar
Oh! I was wrong Embarassed. We've installed the same shoutbox I think, but I've installed the Categories Hierarchy mod, my index.php and viewforum.php are merged together to index.php, so I don't have a viewforum.php. And that's the reason I see the shoutbox in viewforum too.

I'm not sure how to show him in viewforum, but I'll have a look. Maybe I'll find te solution, because I want it to show up in viewtopic too. These days I don't have much time, but I will search for the answer. Smile
engeland
will the Categories Hierarchy mod work if i install it then?
n0obie4life
engeland wrote:
will the Categories Hierarchy mod work if i install it then?

I don't recommend that you install it, the installation is over 2 hours unless you use the premod.
n0obie4life
daniel15, don't go offtopic and advertise SMF. We long banned SMF vs phpBB posts/topics.
Daniel15
n0obie4life wrote:
daniel15, don't go offtopic and advertise SMF. We long banned SMF vs phpBB posts/topics.

Sorry... I deleted my post.
cepher
try phpbb plus...it has a shoutbox on the portal
n0obie4life
cepher wrote:
try phpbb plus...it has a shoutbox on the portal

He uses phpBB and already has the shoutbox installed, all he wants is it to be shown in viewtopic and viewforum.

Please stop spamming or you will be banned.
engeland
that's the prob with the threads nowadays, they stray from the question. anyway, i got what i wanted noob. you can lock this topic Wink